Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Freedman out!

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:47 am

Didn't hear much of Saturday's game and really only have the brief snippets from FLS to go on but oooh Dougie, we're so close aren't we?

We certainly did enough to win the game (again) and created a lot of scoring chances (again) but if only we hadn't made one mistake (again) we would certainly have three points (abloodygain).

It's all so close for Dougie isn't it? This winning formula is like a will o' the wisp, constantly floating around the Bok, tantalising Freedman who thinks he's caught it only for it to slip through his fingers.

Again.

Another home draw.

Again.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:37 am

coffeymagic wrote:Didn't hear much of Saturday's game and really only have the brief snippets from FLS to go on but oooh Dougie, we're so close aren't we?

We certainly did enough to win the game (again) and created a lot of scoring chances (again) but if only we hadn't made one mistake (again) we would certainly have three points (abloodygain).

It's all so close for Dougie isn't it? This winning formula is like a will o' the wisp, constantly floating around the Bok, tantalising Freedman who thinks he's caught it only for it to slip through his fingers.

Again.

Another home draw.

Again.
Dougie did nothing wrong on Saturday. Dougie isn't on the pitch and can't put the ball in th net himself. Everything was there on Saturday. We just couldn't get the winner.

This week isn't a week to get on Freedmans back.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:51 am

ChrisC wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:Didn't hear much of Saturday's game and really only have the brief snippets from FLS to go on but oooh Dougie, we're so close aren't we?

Again.

Another home draw.

Again.
Dougie did nothing wrong on Saturday. Dougie isn't on the pitch and can't put the ball in th net himself. Everything was there on Saturday. We just couldn't get the winner.

He has picked a team though that has again failed to win. A recurring theme this season.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:02 am

ChrisC wrote:

indeed - those that went seem happy enough with what they saw...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:26 am

thebish wrote:
There was one thing that I wasn't happy with, but it's the same thing every week. Do we ever practice set-pieces? And if we do, why are we absolutely shit at them? Yes, I know our goal came from one, but from what I can remember that was the only one that actually went to one of our players. Once again I found myself asking, as yet another free kick sailed over everyone without us having a man at the back of the box 'what the feck goes on at Euxton'?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:28 am

When you compare the free kicks that Spearing and Moritz put in it did make me wonder why Spearing was within 100 miles of taking them? Presumably because he's short so couldn't head anything in! :lol:
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:32 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
There was one thing that I wasn't happy with, but it's the same thing every week. Do we ever practice set-pieces? And if we do, why are we absolutely shit at them? Yes, I know our goal came from one, but from what I can remember that was the only one that actually went to one of our players. Once again I found myself asking, as yet another free kick sailed over everyone without us having a man at the back of the box 'what the feck goes on at Euxton'?
Not just the taking of them, but the lack of movement in the box is alarming. However, this has gone on for years, since Sam left. We haven't been good at scoring from set pieces. Spearing cannot and should not go near a free kick again. Having said that I'm not entirely sure who should!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:33 am

jaffka wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Again.

Another home draw.

Again.

He has picked a team though that has again failed to win. A recurring theme this season.

I was/still am up for a change, but what else could Dougie have done on Saturday? We played two up top.. We attacked for the majority of the game.. We created chances.. Forest were holding on, especially the last 20 minutes.

It's not Dougie's fault if the players don't take their chances.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:35 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Not just the taking of them, but the lack of movement in the box is alarming. However, this has gone on for years, since Sam left. We haven't been good at scoring from set pieces. Spearing cannot and should not go near a free kick again. Having said that I'm not entirely sure who should!
Moritz should or Mark Davies. Both much much better at finding a man than mr "shuffle your hands and doesn't know who to pass to" Spearing.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:37 am

ChrisC wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Moritz should or Mark Davies. Both much much better at finding a man than mr "shuffle your hands and doesn't know who to pass to" Spearing.
Set pieces aside I thought Spearing played well Saturday. I don't think Mark Davies is a set piece man particularly. Moritz's ball for the goal was great but he's hit and miss with set pieces in the same way his general play is hit and miss IMO.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:38 am

ChrisC wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Or Eagles - when selected.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:38 am

we should bring back Bruno... just for the free kicks...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:39 am

thebish wrote:we should bring back Bruno... just for the free kicks...
Bruno's big floaters. :oyea:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:43 am

ChrisC wrote:
jaffka wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Again.

Another home draw.

Again.

I was/still am up for a change, but what else could Dougie have done on Saturday? We played two up top.. We attacked for the majority of the game.. We created chances.. Forest were holding on, especially the last 20 minutes.

It's not Dougie's fault if the players don't take their chances.
The manager is the one who carries the can for the success or failure of the side.

Regardless of how great we were I am looking at the overall picture, it's another home game without a win.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:44 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Set pieces aside I thought Spearing played well Saturday. I don't think Mark Davies is a set piece man particularly. Moritz's ball for the goal was great but he's hit and miss with set pieces in the same way his general play is hit and miss IMO.
Spearing was our worst player on Saturday. Lost count how many times he put people under pressure with bad pass choices or just gave it away. He also passed it to a Forest player at one point putting him clean through on goal. Luckily Lonergan pulled off a good save at the feet of the player. The lad needs dropping for Medo until he sorts his form out.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:53 am

ChrisC wrote:
Spearing was our worst player on Saturday. Lost count how many times he put people under pressure with bad pass choices or just gave it away. He also passed it to a Forest player at one point putting him clean through on goal. Luckily Lonergan pulled off a good save at the feet of the player. The lad needs dropping for Medo until he sorts his form out.
I think he's due a rest, too. The midfield against Blackpool ran like a finely tuned engine without him. Medo was nothing short of superb.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
As you said, we scored from one. But that was after sustained pressure and when Forest weren't being anything like adventurous.

Great delivery, great header. But it had to be inch perfect, because let's face it. You ain't gonna get much when you only have 4 players in the opposition box and one of them is Zat Knight.

6 outfield players outside of the box at 1-0 down when we had an attacking set piece. Baffling.

As said above though by ChrisC. Not really a week to be dougie bashing. We were comfortably the better side in my opinion.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:41 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
As you said, we scored from one. But that was after sustained pressure and when Forest weren't being anything like adventurous.

Great delivery, great header. But it had to be inch perfect, because let's face it. You ain't gonna get much when you only have 4 players in the opposition box and one of them is Zat Knight.

6 outfield players outside of the box at 1-0 down when we had an attacking set piece. Baffling.

As said above though by ChrisC. Not really a week to be dougie bashing. We were comfortably the better side in my opinion.
The bigger problem is the players we get in the box stand still!

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:08 am

Now I may be old fashioned and in need of educating and I keep meaning not to read his blurb, but he's not being serious is he ? Helps explain some of the decisions wrt players who have played well then being dropped etc. I'm not sure what happened to the perform in training mantra. Clearly its all about belief now - hopefully (yes hopefully) generating goals

“I tell all my strikers ‘you will be playing the next six games at 90 minutes’ or ‘you will play the next four games at 90 minutes,’ so they feel a bit more relaxed.

“You have got to believe in yourself, you have got to believe in the style of play, you have got to believe in your training and you have got to make sure the players believe in you.

“Hopefully, that then turns into goals.”

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:46 am

We're relying on hope then.

The clueless nice person.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.