The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Post by thebish » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:46 pm

apparently...

By Alan Nixon

Bolton eye £1million move for Congo international striker Jeremy Bokila

Dougie Freedman set to sell Craig Davies to Wolves to make way for Zulte Waragem's powerful frontman
Freedman's new man: The Bolton boss is set to snap up Jeremy Bokila Freedman's new man: The Bolton boss is set to snap up Jeremy Bokila

Bolton boss Dougie Freedman is ready to make a £1 million move for powerful DR Congo international striker Jeremy Bokila.

Freedman wants to snap up the big hit man from Belgian side Zulte Waragem and hopes to raise the funds to bring him in for the start of the season.

Bokila was on loan with Romanian club Petrolul who thought they had a deal to buy him, but now Bolton have stepped in first and want to pull off the coup.

Freedman expects to sell Craig Davies to Wolves to make way for the new arrival as he shakes up his attack.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2a6GnXxxa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:48 pm

ChrisC wrote:Blackpool are in for Mills & Andrews on loan.

Can see the Andrews deal happening with Ince bringing him from the lower leagues when at Blackburn.
He waas at MK Dons with him and then took him to Blackburn when he took over there, so there'd be a lot of sense in that.

Mills ... I still feel will end up in Leeds with Dibble.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:51 pm

thebish wrote:apparently...

By Alan Nixon

Bolton eye £1million move for Congo international striker Jeremy Bokila

Dougie Freedman set to sell Craig Davies to Wolves to make way for Zulte Waragem's powerful frontman
Freedman's new man: The Bolton boss is set to snap up Jeremy Bokila Freedman's new man: The Bolton boss is set to snap up Jeremy Bokila

Bolton boss Dougie Freedman is ready to make a £1 million move for powerful DR Congo international striker Jeremy Bokila.

Freedman wants to snap up the big hit man from Belgian side Zulte Waragem and hopes to raise the funds to bring him in for the start of the season.

Bokila was on loan with Romanian club Petrolul who thought they had a deal to buy him, but now Bolton have stepped in first and want to pull off the coup.

Freedman expects to sell Craig Davies to Wolves to make way for the new arrival as he shakes up his attack.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2a6GnXxxa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

This guy has been training with us for the last few days apparently so we can get a good look at him.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:51 pm

so - we have a million to splash on another striker... (if we sell cravies?? - have we got a suitor for cravies?)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:53 pm

thebish wrote:so - we have a million to splash on another striker... (if we sell cravies?? - have we got a suitor for cravies?)
The fake Wanderers ... but for about £400k.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:55 pm

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:56 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:so - we have a million to splash on another striker... (if we sell cravies?? - have we got a suitor for cravies?)
how much did we buy cravies for?

and - with mavis injured - that'd mean no chance of a davies (of any spelling) in the team... end of an era...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:03 am

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
how much did we buy cravies for?

and - with mavis injured - that'd mean no chance of a davies (of any spelling) in the team... end of an era...
£300k iirc.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:06 am

thebish wrote:he looks ace! 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYFVN0-QyzM

I learnt two thing from that video:

1) He'd score a shed load in training.

2) Tim Ream might carve out a decent career in Holland.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:41 am

Another striker? That makes 700 of the feckers on our books and yet Dougie is prepared to have poor old Zat Knight covering all four slots at the rear single handedly.

Brill.
Businesswoman of the year.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:34 am

The video for the song in that video was actually filmed in Bolton. Clearly, its meant to be.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:54 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Another striker? That makes 700 of the feckers on our books and yet Dougie is prepared to have poor old Zat Knight covering all four slots at the rear single handedly.

Brill.
Had to double check that. Not quite the image I wanted at this time of day!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:05 am

Prufrock wrote:

I learnt two thing from that video:

1) He'd score a shed load in training.

2) Tim Ream might carve out a decent career in Holland.
Another striker, another striker who will hardly feature for that matter. pointless.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

borgetti_wanderers
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by borgetti_wanderers » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:06 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Another striker? That makes 700 of the feckers on our books and yet Dougie is prepared to have poor old Zat Knight covering all four slots at the rear single handedly.

Brill.
Had to double check that. Not quite the image I wanted at this time of day!

Zat Knight is probably our only player who could cover all four slots at the rear. :spank: Maybe Diawara back in the day

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:07 am

Nixon reckons we're having a look at him in training in case one of ours goes next month.

I presume they are still thinking Wolves might come in for Davies or someone might come in for NGog. Worth having a plan I guess.

Don't think the price tag sounds right though.

And yes I'd rather we were linked with a centre back....

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:09 am

Eaves will end up out on loan at another Championship club. Ngog will go to Fulham and Cravies to Wolves. That will leave us with Beckford and Sordell. We will need the extra forward me thinks.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:10 am

ChrisC wrote:Eaves will end up out on loan at another Championship club. Ngog will go to Fulham and Cravies to Wolves. That will leave us with Beckford and Sordell. We will need the extra forward me thinks.
Eaves is apparently "not for loan" this season.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:13 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Eaves will end up out on loan at another Championship club. Ngog will go to Fulham and Cravies to Wolves. That will leave us with Beckford and Sordell. We will need the extra forward me thinks.
He has done nowt in pre season. Dougie will send him out IMO but at a higher level than usual.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:19 am

ChrisC wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
He has done nowt in pre season. Dougie will send him out IMO but at a higher level than usual.
He's only had one game and is coming back from a broken foot.

Both Iles and Nixon have said Dougie rates him highly and sees him as being part of the squad this season.

For me he's had enough loans now. If you're bringing through young players there is a point where you need to keep them and use them to see what they can add. Think this is definitely that point for Eaves.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:21 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
He's only had one game and is coming back from a broken foot.

Both Iles and Nixon have said Dougie rates him highly and sees him as being part of the squad this season.

For me he's had enough loans now. If you're bringing through young players there is a point where you need to keep them and use them to see what they can add. Think this is definitely that point for Eaves.

I agree, but coming back from injury or not, I thought he would have seen more pre season. Your either injured (Ngog) or your not.