The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:23 am

ChrisC wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Eaves will end up out on loan at another Championship club. Ngog will go to Fulham and Cravies to Wolves. That will leave us with Beckford and Sordell. We will need the extra forward me thinks.
Eaves is apparently "not for loan" this season.
He has done nowt in pre season. Dougie will send him out IMO but at a higher level than usual.
He's only had one game and is coming back from a broken foot.

Both Iles and Nixon have said Dougie rates him highly and sees him as being part of the squad this season.

For me he's had enough loans now. If you're bringing through young players there is a point where you need to keep them and use them to see what they can add. Think this is definitely that point for Eaves.

I agree, but coming back from injury or not, I thought he would have seen more pre season. Your either injured (Ngog) or your not.
He was set to miss the start of the season but recovered early. It was a surprise he even played that game!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:41 am

Fair enough :mrgreen: time will tell I suppose. I still think he will go out on loan at some point though.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:43 am

ChrisC wrote:Fair enough :mrgreen: time will tell I suppose. I still think he will go out on loan at some point though.
He may well, but I suspect he will get a chance first. Can't keep saying we're here to give young players a chance, but not doing so.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:51 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Fair enough :mrgreen: time will tell I suppose. I still think he will go out on loan at some point though.
He may well, but I suspect he will get a chance first. Can't keep saying we're here to give young players a chance, but not doing so.
I think he might get a chance early doors, but if he doesn't look upto it then he will be sent out. This season is showtime and players need to put up or shut up. We can't be giving extended runs in the team to players trying to play themselves into form etc.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:14 am

ChrisC wrote:Blackpool are in for Mills & Andrews on loan.

Can see the Andrews deal happening with Ince bringing him from the lower leagues when at Blackburn.
Andrews to Blackpool supposedly 'close' according to AN.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:27 am

malcd1 wrote:

Can see the Andrews deal happening with Ince bringing him from the lower leagues when at Blackburn.
Andrews will be on a decent wedge coming in on a free. Can't see Blackpool paying all his wages.

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:58 pm

El Hadji Diouf is available :wink:
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:32 pm

malcd1 wrote:

He said Andrews is "close" to Ince as in "mates". Deal depends on how much of his wages they'll pay.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:37 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:El Hadji Diouf is available :wink:
I like the sound of that.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:21 am

IggyTheDawgster wrote:El Hadji Diouf is available :wink:
If he's available and Moritz has gone back to Brazil I'd be happy to see the Dioufy back at Wanderers
Pfffft.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:31 am

The BN is running with the Mills & Andrews to Blackpool story. A few phrases (from Iles, there's no quotes):
...Mills has been consistently linked with a move to Leeds but their attempt to land him on loan fell through last month because they failed to agree to pay a high enough percentage of the player’s wage...

...Neither Andrews nor Mills are likely to get regular football this season but both are among the squad’s top earners....

...Should Blackpool come forward there is some doubt among sources at the Reebok that they would be able to offer a high enough percentage of the pair’s wage to make the deal worthwhile...

...Ince has struggled to sign players this summer...

...But there was some evidence that the purse strings have been loosened with the recent purchase of Michael Chopra from Ipswich and Steven Davies from Bristol City in the last 48 hours. Blackpool nevertheless need to strengthen their squad significantly in the next seven days and with Andrews and Mills up to speed they would appear to be the perfect candidates.
Does this mean that the money block – whether imposed by Eddie or the FFP – is not so much transfer fund as wage bill?

Mills is arguably the most saleable asset that we'd choose to lose, but this deal would see him while away the afternoons running down his contract on loan. More obviously Ince's man, Andrews is less saleable - two years on his contract, but 33 in six weeks' time - so I wonder if we're trying to bundle Mills in with Andrews just to get his wage off the overheads...

Again I cast my mind back to last summer, when Coyle and Gartside were obviously drinking the Kool-Aid while doling out contracts to Knight, Ricketts, Andrews and Mills – three of whom were unemployed, with the fourth being persona non grata at his club after falling out with the management...

Iles also mentions the Jeremy Bokila rumour without a straight club denial, if you take that as a soft confirmation of plausibility...

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:13 pm

Some news in the paper tomorrow from Nixon about Dawson. Won't say if it is good or bad.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:28 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Some news in the paper tomorrow from Nixon about Dawson. Won't say if it is good or bad.
Interesting, probably won't appear though. Didn't he say something similar last week? Also someone tweeted Iles on the live feed last night about Dawson, and he pretty much said that if he's not getting first team football at WBA we're his first choice and that they're valuing him above £3m.
He submits stuff to the paper and its down to them to put it in. If they feel "bigger" news can be printed then his story is rejected and he just tells everyone one Twitter before it comes out elsewhere.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:33 pm

ChrisC wrote:Some news in the paper tomorrow from Nixon about Dawson. Won't say if it is good or bad.
if it's that we are not signing him - then that's not news!!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:49 pm

Post from the Oracle after questioned about last night's game and playing Keith Andrews: Problem u have right now is that he HAD to play last night ... Holden not back until end of week. That's why Dougie wants Spearing
Pfffft.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:17 pm

I swear someone said the other day that Holden was fully fit ?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:18 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Post from the Oracle after questioned about last night's game and playing Keith Andrews: Problem u have right now is that he HAD to play last night ... Holden not back until end of week. That's why Dougie wants Spearing
Dougie has wanted Spearing for weeks. Hasn't got any money to buy him with though.....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:20 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I swear someone said the other day that Holden was fully fit ?
he is - but he is abroad... the "back" referred to being back from abroad-land - not back from injury!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:23 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I swear someone said the other day that Holden was fully fit ?
Silly boy, he is playing in the Gold Cup final
Pfffft.

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Does anyone know what time (UK) the final is on tomorrow? Would like to watch it and see where Holden is at.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.