Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Re: Freedman out!

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:53 pm

thebish wrote:the day i want Bolton to lose or to go on and get utterly pasted will be the day I jack it in altogether... i can't see that day coming any time soon...
I agree with Bish.

Bloody hell!

:shock:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:54 pm

Not sure how a squad with Spearing, N'Gog, Mills, Lee, Medo, Eagles, Dann, (even) Pratley, Knight, Beckford, Lonergan etc. are not good enough for the Championship. I'm not suggesting winning it .
. just not being 19th in it and not getting 7 put past them.

I just think they don't understand his instructions and directions, haven't bought into him and are playing like they are confused.

He may well be doing lovely things in the bacgroubd but how does he survive this ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:56 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I wont be unhappy to see him go but I'm sure not even Jose Mourinho could fashion a decent defence out of the duffers we have at our disposal. Chap on Sky described us as Fred Karnos at the back. I've been thinking this for a while but just assumed I was uneducated.
Spot on. There's not a single member of the current back four that you feel you can trust. And, crucially no leader/organiser. And Spearing has been v disappointing in front of them.

But I'm sick of players having a good game and being dropped for the next one. And can this manager motivate a team?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:57 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:
thebish wrote:the day i want Bolton to lose or to go on and get utterly pasted will be the day I jack it in altogether... i can't see that day coming any time soon...
I agree with Bish.

Bloody hell!

My great joy, of course, is that at last I'm in voluntary agreement with man-with-bayonet. :shock:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:05 pm

jaffka wrote:There will have to be some reaction, players on the transfer list etc

I wonder what the dimwit is going to come out with?

seems reasonable enough...
Dougie Freedman says his were simply not good enough after a humbling defeat at Reading.

After initially impressing in the early throes at the Madejski Stadium, the Trotters were well beaten by a clinical Reading side on what was a thoroughly disappointing afternoon.

Speaking in his post-match press conference, Freedman said: “First of all I would like to apologise to our supporters. They have been great and deserve better than what happened today.

“Our performances have been good of late and we certainly didn’t see that coming.

“It’s a very disappointing day for the football club.

“We have to take it on the chin and now recover from it.

“I was pleased in the manner in which we started the game. We showed good energy, created some chances and missed an opportunity to equalise early on.

“After that point, we conceded goals and as we did a number of our players’ heads dropped. That can’t be happening.

“We must give credit to Reading, they created a good number of opportunities, but we certainly helped them along the way.

“We’ll be right back in training first thing in the morning. We’ll face what happened in the best possible way and focus our efforts on how we can put things right.

“We certainly need to look at bringing players in and that will happen very soon.”

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:08 pm

William the White wrote:
I agree with Bish.

Bloody hell!

My great joy, of course, is that at last I'm in voluntary agreement with man-with-bayonet. :shock:
So something positive comes out of the debacle.

:D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:16 pm

thebish wrote:
jaffka wrote:There will have to be some reaction, players on the transfer list etc

I could've written that before it came out. It's still none of his fault though is it? Pretty irrelevant what he says after that though really.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:22 pm

“You have got to believe in yourself, you have got to believe in the style of play, you have got to believe in your training and you have got to make sure the players believe in you

No use people picking on SF (albeit OTT cancer reference) just because he made an early call on the manager. Wake up everyone, we are in a relegation dogfight. Think to many people have assumed that we will suddenly turn it round and make a charge for the play off, because everybody thinks we are underperforming.

Nothing to say about todays result. Does anybody think Dougie by his own criteria stated above has got his players believing in what he's doing ?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:27 pm

thebish wrote:

Dougie Freedman says his were simply not good enough after a humbling defeat at Reading.

After initially impressing in the early throes at the Madejski Stadium, the Trotters were well beaten by a clinical Reading side on what was a thoroughly disappointing afternoon.

Speaking in his post-match press conference, Freedman said: “First of all I would like to apologise to our supporters. They have been great and deserve better than what happened today.

“Our performances have been good of late and we certainly didn’t see that coming.

“It’s a very disappointing day for the football club.

“We have to take it on the chin and now recover from it.

“I was pleased in the manner in which we started the game. We showed good energy, created some chances and missed an opportunity to equalise early on.

“After that point, we conceded goals and as we did a number of our players’ heads dropped. That can’t be happening.

“We must give credit to Reading, they created a good number of opportunities, but we certainly helped them along the way.

“We’ll be right back in training first thing in the morning. We’ll face what happened in the best possible way and focus our efforts on how we can put things right.

“We certainly need to look at bringing players in and that will happen very soon.”
You are Théoden King and he is Grima Wormtongue

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:30 pm

William the White wrote:
I agree with Bish.

Bloody hell!

But isn't SFs point that something significant needs to happen to make something happen.

it seems to me that our record breaking poor start start (including pre season), our atrocious home record and our perilous position seems to still have a majority of people saying oh it was only 1-0, oh leicester are top of the table, oh that jordan rhodes can score a goal.

We simply cannot afford to sleepwalk into relegation (again)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:31 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:“You have got to believe in yourself, you have got to believe in the style of play, you have got to believe in your training and you have got to make sure the players believe in you

No use people picking on SF (albeit OTT cancer reference) just because he made an early call on the manager. Wake up everyone, we are in a relegation dogfight. Think to many people have assumed that we will suddenly turn it round and make a charge for the play off, because everybody thinks we are underperforming.

Nothing to say about todays result. Does anybody think Dougie by his own criteria stated above has got his players believing in what he's doing ?
This.

We are in a relegation dogfight and people need to wake up to this. Four points off being in the relegation places.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:45 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
William the White wrote:
I agree with Bish.

Bloody hell!

But isn't SFs point that something significant needs to happen to make something happen.

it seems to me that our record breaking poor start start (including pre season), our atrocious home record and our perilous position seems to still have a majority of people saying oh it was only 1-0, oh leicester are top of the table, oh that jordan rhodes can score a goal.

We simply cannot afford to sleepwalk into relegation (again)
Exactly.

It isn't that I want to see us lose or lose badly. No fans want to see that but at the same time, I'd rather we did lose in a humiliating, unacceptable manner that's get the manager sacked than to merely plod along, lose 1-0 and have a constant barrage of excuses be made for the manager, all whilst sliding further down the table.

Like I said before, had Coyle been humiliated after 15 games in our last Premier League season, and instead of close losses, we were getting battered 6-0 by QPR, Wigan etc., then I think he'd have been sacked because the fans wouldn't have accepted it. I'd have hated sitting through those defeats, of course, but you sometimes need that tipping point where everyone at the club, the fans and backroom staff, accept that changes need to be made. It's not as simple as wanting your team to lose, I see it as accepting that we needed a heavy loss to be the moment that instigates change. If anyone thinks I'm wrong with that, then ask yourself whether Freedman's position would be under so much doubt had we lost 2-1. Freedman is now far more likely to get sacked, which is good for the club.

He should have gone months ago and if it takes a 7-1 loss in order to make people realise that and he gets replaced before doing further damage, then such a heavy loss will be viewed as a blessing in disguise at the end of the season.

In the short term, a heavy loss isn't good but hopefully it can be the catalyst for real progress, starting with Freedman's departure.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:59 pm

Interview with Jack Dearden for those masochists among you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25796920

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:00 pm

:We have been good of late :...? When?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:02 pm

jonnycooper wrote::We have been good of late :...? When?
We did in the last 2 games at home. So to capitulate like that is even more worrying.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:10 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Interview with Jack Dearden for those masochists among you.

He is alienating himself from the dressing room, which he will lose.

Wants to replace the 'nucleus of the team'. We haven't got the money for that.

Bleats on about how difficult his job is. Gosh I feel sorry for him earning once in week I would just love once in my lifetime.
There is no way back now

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:17 pm

Has he gone yet?

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Ah, he won't. Gartside will give him the season.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:19 pm

jaffka wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Interview with Jack Dearden for those masochists among you.

He is alienating himself from the dressing room, which he will lose.

Wants to replace the 'nucleus of the team'. We haven't got the money for that.

Bleats on about how difficult his job is. Gosh I feel sorry for him earning once in week I would just love once in my lifetime.
There is no way back now
Medo and Cravies, 2 of his main signings, with 'the right DNA', left on the bench, not apparently good enough to displace any of that shower of shite. Clueless and out of his depth.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:20 pm

HMX wrote:Ah, he won't. Gartside will give him the season.
I meant Gartside :mrgreen: