DMB Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:47 am

a1 wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:F*ck it, I'm more annoyed we didn't win now than I was yesterday.

Still I can't remember the last time we didn't lose to one of these so called Sky 4 clubs.

We'll shit em at the theatre (of shite).
the sammy lee season - taylor got a 1-1 draw at chelsea . or city at home just before megson got paid off.

depends what you mean by sky 4 clubs .

are you deliberately forgetting Megson's win over ManU???

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:43 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:He says that showing one goal doesn't change the fact that it was still a long ball affair yesterday. I need cold hard facts. Sorry I don't want a disciplinary for chinning the smug, arrogant see you next tuesday but ihe's close to it
He's obviously just a wind up so there will be no stat that will shut him up.
What he said. LK suggests choosing your ground of argument; I'd suggest not having one. If the bloke's a c*nt, don't talk to him.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:49 pm

thebish wrote:
that were before them games, werent it ?

the megson manutd game were his fourth or fifth match.

"last time we got owt against the sky 4 ?" were the question

i *think* i'm right with my answers,

[edit] although city didnt finish top four (oops).. thus the vs. tottenham 3-2 win at home might change the answer.
Last edited by a1 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:53 pm

a1 wrote:
thebish wrote:
that were before them games, werent it ?

the megson manutd game were his fourth or fifth match.

"last time we got owt against the sky 4 ?" were the question

i *think* i'm right.
maybe I'm misunderstanding summat... the sammy lee game cannot have been after the megson win over manU - can it?

anyway - either way - though it doesn't feel like it - it isn't THAT long ago in real time.... (but in the years immediately preceding Coyle time did seem to drag awful slow...)

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:02 pm

thebish wrote: maybe I'm misunderstanding summat... the sammy lee game cannot have been after the megson win over manU - can it?

anyway - either way - though it doesn't feel like it - it isn't THAT long ago in real time.... (but in the years immediately preceding Coyle time did seem to drag awful slow...)
the "sammy lee season" the last game of that season at chelsea away . megson were the manager by then.

its either city when bellamy got sent off / when taylor scored in the last min at chelsea / or the 3-2 win at home verses tottenham.

"sky four" probably means liverpool , manutd , arsenal , chelsea. then its the chelsea 1-1 draw on the last day that time.

*i think*

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:09 pm

My brain hurts

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:25 pm

a1 wrote:
thebish wrote: maybe I'm misunderstanding summat... the sammy lee game cannot have been after the megson win over manU - can it?

the "sammy lee season" the last game of that season at chelsea away . megson were the manager by then.

its either city when bellamy got sent off / when taylor scored in the last min at chelsea / or the 3-2 win at home verses tottenham.

"sky four" probably means liverpool , manutd , arsenal , chelsea. then its the chelsea 1-1 draw on the last day that time.

*i think*
ahh - I hadn't realised we had christened that the "sammy lee season"! 8) makes sense I suppose!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:40 pm

a1 wrote:

*i think*
Bob on

I followed it through with 100% understanding

Honest :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:49 am

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... rom_Coyle/

According to Coyle Holden should have picked Michael Owen up but was blocked off, but in true Owen style no lambast for the player just praise.

He also heaps lots of praise on Knight. Quite right too.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:25 am

BWFC_Insane wrote: He also heaps lots of praise on Knight. Quite right too.
I disagree entirely (if that's ok with you :roll: ) Cahill, when he's back, and Ricketts at the back for me. Knight's far too immobile.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:28 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I disagree entirely (if that's ok with you :roll: ) Cahill, when he's back, and Ricketts at the back for me. Knight's far too immobile.
Well you obviously just don't like Knight.

You're a lone voice on this one, he's been great this season very commanding, especially when Cahill doesn't play.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:33 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

You're a lone voice on this one, he's been great this season very commanding, especially when Cahill doesn't play.
I don't dislike him at all, I just don't rate him. He was embarrassing down at Villa, I kid you not, the Villa fans that we were with were laughing out loud and saying how they couldn't believe how they managed to offload him onto us so quickly. He ended up literally ripping Carew's shirt off his back after he'd left him floundering like a beached whale.

Also, he didn't earn the nickname Zat Knightmare down at Fulham for playing like Bobby Moore now did he?

Lone voice? Absolute bollocks. That's worse than Sir Nut's rubbish etc. etc.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:42 am

“That’s credit to Manchester United and their physicality
F*ckin love you Owen.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:44 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I don't dislike him at all, I just don't rate him. He was embarrassing down at Villa, I kid you not, the Villa fans that we were with were laughing out loud and saying how they couldn't believe how they managed to offload him onto us so quickly. He ended up literally ripping Carew's shirt off his back after he'd left him floundering like a beached whale.

Also, he didn't earn the nickname Zat Knightmare down at Fulham for playing like Bobby Moore now did he?

Without trying to step in-between warring factions.

I think he "improved" immeasurably when OC took over. Whether that was an arm round the shoulder or something else, I dunno.

I don't think Villa was one of his more accomplished performances, but generally since Coyle took over he's done pretty good and occasionally been better than or on par with Cahill.

That doesn't mean to say that he's not prone to having the odd senior moment, but if we could afford 2 CB's that never had those, we'd prolly have Messi and Kaka in the midfield too.

I still sometimes sit there saying to myself "feck-me-Zat-what-the-feck-were-you-thinking-there?"

When I started watching the pre-season games with us stroking it across the back 4, I thought this is going to end in disaster. I'm sure before the season is done, it will on at least one occasion - but so far, it's not doing too bad.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:08 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

End of the day whatever he did at Villa we only conceeded one goal and that was from a freekick with a clear foul on the wall.

After that we didn't conceed. So whether he was dodgy or shirt pulling or whatever, it worked out for us.

Nobody is trying to say he's the next "Bobby Moore" and this notion that unless a player is the next "Beckham, Moore, Shearer...insert as appropriate" they're utter shite is just pure nonsense.

Knight is limited. There are plenty of better centre halves around I'll grant you that.

But he's much improved under OC, more focussed, uses his height better and has turned in some very solid performances this season, at times looking a better "defender" as opposed to footballer than our 15M plus rated centre half. Personally I think we could survive without Cahill as whilst he's undoubtedly our best footballer at the back, I think Ricketts and Knight look more capable of dominating attacks as they did against Berbatov and Rooney on Sunday.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:21 am

I actually think that the best that I've seen Knight play was when Cahill was out with his blood clot, but I think that so far this season he's gone backwards. That is my opinion and whether you agree with it or not is neither here nor there, although I don't recall claiming anywhere that a player's shite if they're not Maldini, or whoever.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Knight has improved massively under Coyle.. But he still makes me panic like f*ck whenever he's near the play.. I'm surely Bruce and I aren't alone in that and it isn't exactly a sign that he's going to Franco Baseri MKII. I wouldn't call him particularly shite, but I wouldn't say he was actuall;y very 'good' either.. He's just adequate
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:30 pm

I confess Knight does leave me a little twitcy, you seem to be waiting for that inevitable mistake! To right him off as sh*te tho' is plain daft (thinks Shittu!!), he HAS improved and hopefully Will get better still!
If Mandy starts to bang in chances like he had Sunday and contributing like he is those town hall steps look mightly cold this time of year :mrgreen: See credit were credits due.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:41 pm

I missed MOTD2 the first time round so just watched it on iplayer. The best highlights I can remember from a Bolton point of view for a while. Elmander did great getting into the position to shoot. I looked up what LK said about us being the joint-4th top scorers, looks right to me. If he can find the back of the net more we'll be in the Sky 4 :D

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:18 pm

I'm not sure if the highlights have been posted but there is a fairly complete set here.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.