Bolton v Spuds

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ebby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ebby » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:38 pm

jamie redknapp piping on about carroll for england instead of crouch on sky sports, he must have missed davies performance yesterday to not even give him a mention

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:44 pm

ebby wrote:jamie redknapp piping on about carroll for england instead of crouch on sky sports, he must have missed davies performance yesterday to not even give him a mention
I was just watching that with my gob open. Unbelievable!
May the bridges I burn light your way

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:56 pm

thebish wrote:bugger - Newcastle have scored - which drops us to sixth (if they hang on - which, let's face it, is not gonna happen!)
:shock:

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:59 pm

HMX wrote:
thebish wrote:bugger - Newcastle have scored - which drops us to sixth (if they hang on - which, let's face it, is not gonna happen!)
:shock:
Thus giving us a chance to compete with the Arse this term. Worth it. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:06 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Fcuking Bagpuss was proper twitching, the bent bastard
:lol:
Troll and proud of it.

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:25 pm

I think this may be contender for post of the year.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:41 pm

RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:

I think this may be contender for post of the year.
Seconded.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:39 pm

I'd vote for it, first time CAPS has put a whole sentence together this year. He must be moving onto touch typing

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:31 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:I'd vote for it, first time CAPS has put a whole sentence together this year. He must be moving onto touch typing
No full stop though.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:31 pm

the grumpy old kant made me laugh!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Carroll and Davies? That'll show the Frenchies!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:54 am

Only just come down off the high of yesterday. Excellent performance, helped by the fact that I'd taken four non football fans with me because I promised them a decent game. Boy did they get their monies worth! The whole team was immense to a man. I hope we take that sort of vim and vigour into the next game against the Toffeemen
Pfffft.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:58 am

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:Seriously re: Bale. He was never going to live up to the hype of the week, because he'd had so much - thank the media for that. However, he had....what?.....two, three moments of getting the better of Steinsson?
It was always going to be that way...
LK only the other day wrote: There'll be lots of long balls played in the general direction of Crouch, which will be called long passes, and Steinsson will mostly keep the "form player of The Champions League" quiet, but then everyone will get worked up when the current mediawankfestdarling beats him a couple of times.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:54 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
ebby wrote:jamie redknapp piping on about carroll for england instead of crouch on sky sports, he must have missed davies performance yesterday to not even give him a mention
I was just watching that with my gob open. Unbelievable!
A pairing of Davies and Carroll up front would be good to watch against the French, wouldn't mind that. Both had very good games over the weekend.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:37 am

People doubting Petrov. Lazy? Perhaps, but when he went rhough one-on-one did you ever think for a milli-second that he'd miss?

Said it before but to me the sign of a good player is one who doesn't miss the easy chances. Clean through would you put money on Fabrice, Chungy even Elmo or SKD?

Cool finish from a cool player. This is what we need.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:46 am

Really enjoyed it, best home game in a while. Thought most of the team were excellent bar a few names, but other than that I think it gives the team and the crowd real positivity heading into four crucial games. If we can win 3 of Everton, Wolves, Newcastle and Blackpool then I'd be delighted.

On to the ratings:

Jussi - quiet game, no chance with the volley of the season (best goal ever at the Reebok? Possibly)

Steinsson - terrible in the first half, I can remember three cracking Bale runs and crosses from catching out the perennially out of position defender. Took his goal well.
Cahill - has been in the form of his career since his red at Arse. Brilliant. Didn't give that freak a sniff.
Knight - too keen to just lump it, but solid otherwise
Robinson - good job Lennon wasn't playing

Taylor - bobbins; should have had a hat-trick, would be shocked if his pass completion rate was over 5%
Muamba - best game of the season, should have scored at least once
Holden - dynamite again. Needs to add goals to his game but otherwise was MoM for about the 10th time this season.
Lee - best performance of the season, gave Snoop from the Wire a torrid afternoon.

Davo - sensational, really good, got to be in the England squad if not the team. Unplayable.
Mandy - worked incredibly hard, but was never a goal threat. Got me 5 Fantasy points though :)

Petrov - took his goal really well, let's have him back in the team asap
Other subs - did nowt

Overall - 9/10. Found £5 on the floor on the way out as well.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:49 am

East Lower wrote: Taylor - bobbins; should have had a hat-trick, would be shocked if his pass completion rate was over 5%
Taylor misses his chances = bobbins
Muamba misses his chances = best game of the season

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:52 am

coffeymagic wrote:People doubting Petrov. Lazy? Perhaps, but when he went rhough one-on-one did you ever think for a milli-second that he'd miss?

Said it before but to me the sign of a good player is one who doesn't miss the easy chances. Clean through would you put money on Fabrice, Chungy even Elmo or SKD?

Cool finish from a cool player. This is what we need.
Out of that list, just Chung I wouldn't doubt.

Certainly wouldn't put money on Taylor in this example...

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:55 am

thebish wrote:
East Lower wrote: Taylor - bobbins; should have had a hat-trick, would be shocked if his pass completion rate was over 5%
EL showing his personal bias I guess. I watched the whole game agin this morning and I think that his comments on Taylor, Steinsson and Robinson are harsh and over the top on Davies and Holden. Excellent but not dynamite or unplayable. But who cares we won 4-2 and that's enough for me.

The real key though is to follow that performance up with similar ones against Everton, Wolves, Newcastle and Blackpool to maintain our distance from the bottom end of the table!
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:03 am

thebish wrote:
There is more to the game than scoring, like doing your job. Fab did his, Taylor didn't.....
FaninOz wrote:
thebish wrote:
EL showing his personal bias I guess. I watched the whole game agin this morning and I think that his comments on Taylor, Steinsson and Robinson are harsh and over the top on Davies and Holden.
There's nothing wrong with Steinsson as an attacking force, I just don't think he's a particularly good full-back.