Wanderers v Geordies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:07 pm

Should be in the England squad just for the Penalties.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Plus the through ball for Klasnic just before hand, if only he could have grabbed one as well!
Pfffft.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:01 pm

Verbal wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:There were 4 of 'em, at least 1 a howler

Blonde un had no keks on
Are you a dwarf?
No, he just keeps his shoes well polished.

Talking of which, we looked sensational yesterday. I can't remember the last time we outplayed the other team so comprehensively. Long may it continue. (The gloommonger in me says it's bound to end the game after OC gets November's manager of month award.)

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:27 pm

CarlosHernandez wrote:He's scored 4 pens this season yes? Anyway, all have been right side, perfectly placed. Still get nervous when he steps up though!
IIRC one of them, against Brum(?), he smashed straight down the middle into the top netting.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:35 pm

SonsOfThunder wrote:
CarlosHernandez wrote:He's scored 4 pens this season yes? Anyway, all have been right side, perfectly placed. Still get nervous when he steps up though!
IIRC one of them, against Brum(?), he smashed straight down the middle into the top netting.
Kind of spooned it into top corner-ish I thought. I get nervous too (although I do with any Bolton penalty theyre usually fairly rare) for some reason I just never had SKD down as a penalty taker but fair play to him. Aim for other corner next time though Kev, these goalies will be onto you!

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:51 am

No the Brum pen was right side, although top corner. It was the pick of the lot.

Bolton Cozi
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bolton Cozi » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:07 am

as wrote:
Bolton Cozi wrote:Loved the game overnight, was so tired but couldn't go to sleep as it kept getting better and better. Well done to our mighty whites. I wish I could one day get over to England from Australia just to go to the Reebok, would be a dream come true. To all Bolton fans in England - get to all the matches you can this season, they need our support to get a top 4 or top 8 spot. Let's go.........

Love ya Bolton - all the way from Australia.
A Man Utd from Oz is a c*nt.

A Bolton fan from Oz is a good lad.

The difference is we don't win owt and don't expect to win owt.

Good lad :oyea:
I'm a female and I love sport just as much as males :D. I love Australian Rules footy, rugby league and football (mainly call it soccer here in Oz). Some of my males friends are fans of Man U and Liverpool but I love my Wanderers. I ordered a Bolton jersey (last seasons) off E Bay and it finally just came, couldn't be happier - going to wear it out and be proud.
DOWN UNDER WANDERER

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:44 am

Bolton Cozi wrote:
as wrote:
Bolton Cozi wrote:Loved the game overnight, was so tired but couldn't go to sleep as it kept getting better and better. Well done to our mighty whites. I wish I could one day get over to England from Australia just to go to the Reebok, would be a dream come true. To all Bolton fans in England - get to all the matches you can this season, they need our support to get a top 4 or top 8 spot. Let's go.........

Love ya Bolton - all the way from Australia.
A Man Utd from Oz is a c*nt.

A Bolton fan from Oz is a good lad.

The difference is we don't win owt and don't expect to win owt.

Good lad :oyea:
I'm a female and I love sport just as much as males :D. I love Australian Rules footy, rugby league and football (mainly call it soccer here in Oz). Some of my males friends are fans of Man U and Liverpool but I love my Wanderers. I ordered a Bolton jersey (last seasons) off E Bay and it finally just came, couldn't be happier - going to wear it out and be proud.

If you wear it out in Brisbane, and are aproached by a guy with wiry hair, wearing a cheap suite; don't be frightened. It's my mate Jeff, he's from Tottington.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:54 am

Really enjoyed Saturday, especially the performance of Ricketts, Holden and Davo - I thought they were all superb, but then again nearly everyone was. Happy days to be a Wanderer.

It's just a shame that the next game is a week away, it's too long to wait!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:30 am

Looks like the FA are going to look into the Williamson's head butt on Elmander. Shouldn't take much reviewing to hand out another suspension to the club. Not looking so good heading (no pun intended) into Chelsea. Elmanders performance is just getting bigger and bigger. 2 goals and possibly 2 red cards for the opposition.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:33 am

seanworth wrote:Looks like the FA are going to look into the Williamson's head butt on Elmander. Shouldn't take much reviewing to hand out another suspension to the club. Not looking so good heading (no pun intended) into Chelsea. Elmanders performance is just getting bigger and bigger. 2 goals and possibly 2 red cards for the opposition.
Just as long as they look into it a bit harder than they looked at the Huddleston stamping incident!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:47 am

seanworth wrote:Looks like the FA are going to look into the Williamson's head butt on Elmander. Shouldn't take much reviewing to hand out another suspension to the club. Not looking so good heading (no pun intended) into Chelsea. Elmanders performance is just getting bigger and bigger. 2 goals and possibly 2 red cards for the opposition.
Not sure you can give Elmander "credit" for two cowardly attacks that he didn't see coming. Like Barton's sly dig on Gamst Pederson - sly and cowardly sums it up.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:50 am

You know the rule though CiG? It doesn't count if it happens to Elmo.
Pfffft.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:51 am

clapton is god wrote:
Just as long as they look into it a bit harder than they looked at the Huddleston stamping incident!
Fatty Nolan did him too, not even going for the ball. Just as bad as Williamson.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:11 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Not sure you can give Elmander "credit" for two cowardly attacks that he didn't see coming. Like Barton's sly dig on Gamst Pederson - sly and cowardly sums it up.
Not so sure W4E. Not that he was attacked, but that there was clearly a concerted attempt to 'deal' with him and also that he dealt with it so well.

In the past I've been of the view that his biggest failing was his lack of bravery, lack of will to go in where it hurts. I also felt that this was not something that you can be taught & I believed he'd never make it in the rough & tumble of this league.

He seems to have found a way though, which is excellent all round.

I assume that Newcastle felt the same as his treatment seemed calculated. Not Colocini's maybe, but the others. Probably Nolan had proposed it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:14 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Not so sure W4E. Not that he was attacked, but that there was clearly a concerted attempt to 'deal' with him and also that he dealt with it so well.

In the past I've been of the view that his biggest failing was his lack of bravery, lack of will to go in where it hurts. I also felt that this was not something that you can be taught & I believed he'd never make it in the rough & tumble of this league.

SKD agrees..
captain Kevin Davies believes Johan Elmander has learned he has to fight for the right to play in the Premier League.
The Swedish star was buffeted from pillar to post by a desperate Newcastle defence on Saturday and has the bruises to prove it.
Davies, 33, said: "He should take his treatment as a back-handed compliment because it shows what a dangerous player he can be.
"Johan's playing with real confidence and we've developed a good understanding."

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:14 pm

East Lower wrote:
clapton is god wrote:
Fatty Nolan did him too, not even going for the ball. Just as bad as Williamson.
I think Davies was winding him up good and proper.

They quite clearly saw Elmander as the threat and tried to ruff him up. Him getting up laughing and scoring 2 really got to em.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:17 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

I assume that Newcastle felt the same as his treatment seemed calculated. Not Colocini's maybe, but the others. Probably Nolan had proposed it.
Sorry - yes he deserves great credit for the way he handled it. :-)

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:25 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Sorry - yes he deserves great credit for the way he handled it. :-)
That's more like it. :D

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:58 pm

Talking to my dad about the new found Elmander, he reckons the significant difference between Elmander now, and that under General Zod, was that he has the balls and confidence to gamble and take a chance now (evidenced by his goal when Davies put him through to round the keeper). That can only come from a manager allowing him to make mistakes and not castigating him for it. Previously he would have been behind Davies, almost hiding from the ball.

He always was a confidence player. He seems to have it now. I don't think you can buy that at Boots, so someone must have helped him with it.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.