away to birmingham

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Re: away to birmingham

Post by midlands exile » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Just got back from the match. Both teams were poor, but to gift Birmingham two goals was unforgivable. Every time they attacked it was sheer panic from us. Going forward, we lacked any real cutting edge. Certainly, second half we probably had the majority of the possession, but couldn't make anything from it. Not good. How long can this go on for?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:21 pm

I think the excuses have run out... Owen Coyle doesn't know how to help a team defend...

He doesn't know how to play away from home...

His transfer nous is very unconvincing...

I'm gone... I'm sad about this, I really wanted him to succeed... but he can't hack it when it isn't going for him... and he's stubborn when he needs to be flexible...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:25 pm

He's fecking clueless

Steve fecking Kean is showing him up

If he isnt gone by Monday I'm sneaking a tiger into the reebok and unleashing it on the dugout. My moneys on fat kitman being first man down.

We'll see how serious Philis about promotion. Our new manager will need a few weeks to get this shower fit and organised - I recall Reading sorting themselves out last October.Clocks ticking to save this season.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:27 pm

officer_dibble wrote:He's fecking clueless

If he isnt gone by Monday I'm sneaking a tiger into the reebok and unleashing it on the dugout. My moneys on fat kitman being first man down.

We'll see how serious Philis about promotion. Our new manager will need a few weeks to get this shower fit and organised - I recall Reading sorting themselves out last October.Clocks ticking to save this season.
Can you feed the tiger first? So he goes for a lighter snack?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:28 pm

truewhite15 wrote:Verbal, 92 points is, on average, what the top placed team in the Championship end up with come the end of the season, as very usefully pointed out by DSB. Considering that we began the season as favourites, I don't think it's unreasonable or optimistic. Maybe at this stage, it might be, but we should still be targeting 6 points from every 3 games if we want to be anywhere near promotion.
Not quite - folks more important than me. Gartside was happily quoted in the BN after the first few games that "we" (he and Coyle) had set a target of 2ppg on average. Off the back of that I jotted down all the points totals for 1st, 2nd, 6th (last play-off place) and 22nd (highest relegated team).

Can't be arsed to dig them out but the one that sticks in mind at the moment is that to get the last play-off place - surely the very minimum requirement, and far below the stated aims both pre-season and in that Gartside interview - is 75pts. Over the course of the season that's two whole wins better than 1.5ppg, and we're nowhere near even that. It's now 7pts from 6 games and that's nearer 1ppg, which Coyle has been bumping along on for 18 months.

Even more worrying is that we now seem to have reverted to being pointless away from home. Coyle's Burnley couldn't buy an away win in the top flight and although we got better at it last term, we're now 0-0-4 in the second tier. It gives me no pleasure to say that I honestly can't see that turning round.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:30 pm

1 ppg for 18 months

50 games 100 conceded

where else woud this pillock have had so many chances!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:31 pm

officer_dibble wrote:1 ppg for 18 months

where else woud this pillock have had so many chances!
Bob Martin's not on much more at Wigan

Selective quote though cos they don't hand out goals like we do

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:33 pm

officer_dibble wrote:

It's easier when your board will let you pay £8 million for a striker

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:35 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Rather than the £8m we spent on two? One of who can't get off the bench and the other of who can't score?

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:38 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:Verbal, 92 points is, on average, what the top placed team in the Championship end up with come the end of the season, as very usefully pointed out by DSB. Considering that we began the season as favourites, I don't think it's unreasonable or optimistic. Maybe at this stage, it might be, but we should still be targeting 6 points from every 3 games if we want to be anywhere near promotion.
Not quite - folks more important than me. Gartside was happily quoted in the BN after the first few games that "we" (he and Coyle) had set a target of 2ppg on average. Off the back of that I jotted down all the points totals for 1st, 2nd, 6th (last play-off place) and 22nd (highest relegated team).

Can't be arsed to dig them out but the one that sticks in mind at the moment is that to get the last play-off place - surely the very minimum requirement, and far below the stated aims both pre-season and in that Gartside interview - is 75pts. Over the course of the season that's two whole wins better than 1.5ppg, and we're nowhere near even that. It's now 7pts from 6 games and that's nearer 1ppg, which Coyle has been bumping along on for 18 months.

Even more worrying is that we now seem to have reverted to being pointless away from home. Coyle's Burnley couldn't buy an away win in the top flight and although we got better at it last term, we're now 0-0-4 in the second tier. It gives me no pleasure to say that I honestly can't see that turning round.
Yeah, but you were the one who pointed out the league-winning point tallies, which was my point.
Dave Sutton's Barnet wrote: 2012 89-88-75-40
2011 88-84-75-42
2010 102-91-70-47
2009 90-83-74-46
2008 81-79-70-52
2007 88-86-75-42
2006 106-90-75-42
2005 94-87-73-50
2004 94-86-73-51
2003 98-92-74-46

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:39 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: Can't be arsed to dig them out but the one that sticks in mind at the moment is that to get the last play-off place - surely the very minimum requirement, and far below the stated aims both pre-season and in that Gartside interview - is 75pts. Over the course of the season that's two whole wins better than 1.5ppg, and we're nowhere near even that. It's now 7pts from 6 games and that's nearer 1ppg, which Coyle has been bumping along on for 18 months.
1.166666... to be exact, which last year would have seen us finish 18th.

gulp.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:41 pm

Im a season ticket holder and live in the west mids so this was a game I was looking forward to but also dreading... This is my view;

He's got to go! How many times have we conceded and come out of the blocks so slowly after half time. What is he saying to them?
Formation and organisation was appalling. Everytime BC went forward they looked like they was goin to score!

We can't put teams under pressure and hassle them as we aren't fit enough! Is our poor fitness contributing to our injuries?
How the stupid prick can play k.davies (34) for two full games in 4 days is beyond me! And to replace Ngog (who needed to be replaced) with an arsenal loanee who doesn't look interested whilst we have a young hungry 3.5mil signing who's a proven goal scorer at this level sat on the bench is madness! The poor lads confidence must be shot to death!

Don't get me wrong K.Davies played ok but to play to his strengths we need someone up top with him who can play off his flick on's and time and time again he won them with his strike partner no where to be seen... What are they working on in training?

Also, trying to hit Davies with a long ball/clearance is pointless when the opposition are playing a high line because ultimately they will win the first or second ball and they pen us in and put us under more pressure.

A plan wasn't evident. We have no strategy for playing away from home. 451 was the obvious choice to go with. It should have been to protect the point and try and nick a win. A point away against the vast majority of clubs in this division is a good point!

Not sure about the pen, looked a bit dubious. We had a couple of chances to equalise but didn't take them and forces one or two decent saves. He's got to go!!!!!

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Martin_Cruise wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Rather than the £8m we spent on two? One of who can't get off the bench and the other of who can't score?

Yeah, Clubs who pay £8 million for one striker are likely to have better quality than clubs whose pool of strikers cost around £8 million for the lot.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:46 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Coyle cant be trusted to sign players for free, one mil, two mil, three mil, four. Anyone at eight would be a very expensive feck up.

he's had plenty.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Martin_Cruise wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Yeah, Clubs who pay £8 million for one striker are likely to have better quality than clubs whose pool of strikers cost around £8 million for the lot.
Pointless arguement.. Rhodes has played around 2 games.. Blackburn are unbeaten this season with and without him and was scoring shed loads before he came along.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Martin_Cruise wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

I'd see your point more, if Blackburn had a whole raft of £8m strikers.

They haven't.

They bought one, we bought two.

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:53 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Martin_Cruise wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Martin_Cruise wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Pointless arguement.. Rhodes has played around 2 games.. Blackburn are unbeaten this season with and without him and was scoring shed loads before he came along.
And scored as many as Sordell has in 9 months I think

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:54 am

What a shambles we sound, no TV coverage here in Oz so its impossible for me to comment on games anymore as I don't see any of the performances, just the very short highlights on the BWFC website.

BUT, from the stats quoted over the past 50 games, from our league position, very poor away record, loads of goals against and very few for I must agree that Coyle is past his sell by date and should go now.

However, who is going to replace him?? We have a team that has no confidence, that seem incapable of scoring, that leaks like a seive, that appears to be unable to play the ball on the floor, etc, etc, and a Club that has no money and has a big debt so which good manager is going to take us on????

No light at the end of the tunnel as far as I can see, I just hope that we do enough NOT TO GO DOWN :shock: everything else is a bonus.

Now where have I heard that before?? :crazy:
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:31 am

#NevermindWeWillWinNextWeekInstead

Bristol_White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bristol_White » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:26 am

Win next weekend? Not a chance. Coyle last game I think. Then someone can get us fit and motivated and play our strongest 11.