The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
midlands exile wrote: The article mentions Rawson went to uni, but nothing about barrow's qualifications. I remember reading the page on the official website with the pen profiles of the backroom staff under Coyle and thinking that all of them needed replacing, with potential exception of Tobin.

The current equivalent page is here:
http://www.bwfc.co.uk/team/staff-profil ... index.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is more that the Insane one looks at everything said or written in minute detail to prove that Coyle is shit/a wanker/useless (delete as applicable). It is unnecessary and almost as tedious as BL3 banging on about how Dougie is not Mick Mac or whoever won last week.
I don't. There is no need to. It just jumps out alarmingly, and glaringly. To be honest I think it's now an important context for those impatient with the results achieved under Freedman.

The sort of complete shambles needs to be brought to light to make sure people really see that the team going out on the pitch is only a teeny, weeny part of the overall scheme and depth of the problem he inherited.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
So we're saying that Coyle promoted a kit man to the fitness and medical team? Really? Seriously?

Good god.

The full extent of the mess he left is becoming more and more apparent.

Presumably Dougie wants to bring in, I don't know, some actual fitness and conditioning experts........
Or, he was a kit man and decided to better himself by going to Uni. Came back with his qualification and made use of it?

Coyle is shit, we know, but that doesn't mean absolutely everything he did was shit...
you've not known BWFCi long, have you! :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 09, 2013 2:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Link here
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... er_market/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note also:
Wanderers have also commenced a restructure of the backroom staff, which it is understood will include the departures of club doctor Jonathan Tobin, strength and conditioning coach Mike Rawson and fitness coach Jimmy Barrow.
Dr Tobin was brought to the Reebok in 2008 by Gary Megson and has remained a familiar face at Euxton under the last three managers. He is best known, however, for his crucial role in helping to resuscitate Fabrice Muamba after his collapse at White Hart Lane just over 12 months ago. It is thought that the club will operate with a part-time doctor from next season.
Rawson was promoted to the conditioning coach after the departure of Adie Stovell in December 2010, after moving to the club from University. Barrow – who has also worked as a kit man at the club – was brought into the fitness and medical team by Owen Coyle in 2010.
So we're saying that Coyle promoted a kit man to the fitness and medical team? Really? Seriously?

Good god.

The full extent of the mess he left is becoming more and more apparent.

Presumably Dougie wants to bring in, I don't know, some actual fitness and conditioning experts........

but..... you DID call the article bullshit!! :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 09, 2013 3:00 pm

wigan white wrote:According to the BN, 2 major signings will arrive at the Bok, in the next 24hrs, they reckon its a striker and defender both with vast Championship experience

the striker is KD - new contract signed this morning... word...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu May 09, 2013 3:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
midlands exile wrote: The article mentions Rawson went to uni, but nothing about barrow's qualifications. I remember reading the page on the official website with the pen profiles of the backroom staff under Coyle and thinking that all of them needed replacing, with potential exception of Tobin.

The current equivalent page is here:
http://www.bwfc.co.uk/team/staff-profil ... index.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is more that the Insane one looks at everything said or written in minute detail to prove that Coyle is shit/a wanker/useless (delete as applicable). It is unnecessary and almost as tedious as BL3 banging on about how Dougie is not Mick Mac or whoever won last week.
I don't. There is no need to. It just jumps out alarmingly, and glaringly. To be honest I think it's now an important context for those impatient with the results achieved under Freedman.

The sort of complete shambles needs to be brought to light to make sure people really see that the team going out on the pitch is only a teeny, weeny part of the overall scheme and depth of the problem he inherited.
But you do it at every opportunity. A quick Bish style search on here will bring up dozens, if not more examples. I don't disagree that he is shit, but I find it a bit unnecessary to point it out every time the guy is mentioned somewhere.

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Thu May 09, 2013 3:24 pm

thebish wrote:
It is thought that the club will operate with a part-time doctor from next season.
:shock:
I like it!!!

But I beat you to KD being the new striker earlier. :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 09, 2013 4:30 pm

PC1978 wrote:
thebish wrote:
It is thought that the club will operate with a part-time doctor from next season.
:shock:
I like it!!!

But I beat you to KD being the new striker earlier. :wink:
oh - poo! :D

newboy
Promising
Promising

Post by newboy » Thu May 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Kerim Frei from Fulham?

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu May 09, 2013 7:43 pm

I have a niggling feeling it could be Ebanks- blake.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu May 09, 2013 7:57 pm

wigan white wrote:I have a niggling feeling it could be Ebanks- blake.
I'd not be unhappy with that. So long as he doesn't bring Roger Johnson with him!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 09, 2013 7:58 pm

wigan white wrote:I have a niggling feeling it could be Ebanks- blake.
I bet it'll be nobody....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 09, 2013 8:20 pm

Leicester local paper reports we are in talks with Leicester over Beckford....

Debo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Debo » Thu May 09, 2013 8:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Leicester local paper reports we are in talks with Leicester over Beckford....
So does the BEN
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _Beckford/

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 09, 2013 8:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Leicester local paper reports we are in talks with Leicester over Beckford....
Is that nobody or somebody? :conf:

Make yer bloody mind up man, I'm confused! :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 09, 2013 8:27 pm

I think he'd be a good signing as long as we're talking a six figure sum.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Is that nobody or somebody? :conf:

Make yer bloody mind up man, I'm confused! :D
In talks with Leicester. Hardly suggests he will be signing tomorrow.

We will bring in players but I suspect the BN are a bit off with the timescales is all.

I'm sure players as usual will wait and see what offers come up.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Hopefully we get the Leeds Beckford if he does sign. No complaints from me anyway. Would be a decent signing.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu May 09, 2013 9:01 pm

Everyone's been crying out for a proper finisher and he's certainly that. Seems OK plan to me.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 09, 2013 9:14 pm

Beckford is a good finisher. But he doesn't have a lot else to his game

He's a player where it's all about getting the best out of him and often that he proven very hard.

Wouldn't be a terrible buy but I worry how expensive he could be and that we end up with an impact sub in the Klasnic style who isn't that hard working or reliable.....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu May 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Worth a risk though as he clearly has some talent. We're not going to get an all-round superstar, for example if ngog could finish he'd be playing in the Champions league not for us. If dougie's fitness regime works for the lad we could have a lot of goals for a pretty small fee. Plus he could complement Ngog/ Davies by shouldering most of the goalscoring burden. Could work like the Blake McGinlay partnership from the 97 promotion season.