Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:42 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:35 pm
the dream of bolton wanderers -- if they buy the hotel and not the ground/team/business then we're stuffed
Not Necessarily.
Even if FV buy the Hotel we might still be stuffed.
There are shades of grey. Deep dark grey, but still shades. It's not all fxcking Black & (White) Limited.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:54 pm

FV to pull out later this week when they don't get the hotel leaving the Kamani's to get the hotel & Bassini the club is my prediction (for now anyway)

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:57 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:54 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:57 am
Anyone nearer unzipping their pockets or purse yet? I've seen quite a few moths about and thought something was imminent.
I was rather hoping you'd put in a bid Hobes - get them young whippersnappers up and down Winter Hill dragging a tractor tyre. That'll show 'em.
Well according to the BEN, Bassini's pitch is:
Let me get the team eight or 10 players,” he said. “I am worried that this club is going to be relegated.

“What I am asking is let me deal with it until September 2 when my court case comes up.

“What has happened is unacceptable. They can’t allow it to continue. Let me come in to sort out the mess before the case. The EFL have got a chance here to step in and do the right thing.
So there, on that basis, anyone can just turn up outside the stadium, regardless of proof of funds, approval by the EFL, acceptance by either or both administrators, liason with existing football management and start bringing players in. Why doesn't everyone set up an area and make a pitch, like Farnworth market, only for football takeovers...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:01 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:57 pm

Let me get the team eight or 10 players,” he said. “I am worried that this club is going to be relegated.

“What I am asking is let me deal with it until September 2 when my court case comes up.

“What has happened is unacceptable. They can’t allow it to continue. Let me come in to sort out the mess before the case. The EFL have got a chance here to step in and do the right thing.
So there, on that basis, anyone can just turn up outside the stadium, regardless of proof of funds, approval by the EFL, acceptance by either or both administrators, liason with existing football management and start bringing players in. Why doesn't everyone set up an area and make a pitch, like Farnworth market, only for football takeovers...
Pertinent question has to be: In return for what? I doubt he's intending buying the players as a gift.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:11 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:54 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:57 am
Anyone nearer unzipping their pockets or purse yet? I've seen quite a few moths about and thought something was imminent.
I was rather hoping you'd put in a bid Hobes - get them young whippersnappers up and down Winter Hill dragging a tractor tyre. That'll show 'em.
If I could light cigars one after t'other with £50 notes and bathe in the most expensive champagne mate I'd have to think long and hard before even considering purchasing the mess that our club is now.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:14 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:01 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

Pertinent question has to be: In return for what? I doubt he's intending buying the players as a gift.
He's now a Bolton fan, apparently he's been to the tattooist in town this afternoon & got the club badge / crest on his leg, he doesn't want to see us relegated so he's going to offer to pay for 8-10 new players ASAP just because he wants to help us & because FV are doing sweet FA by the sounds of it.

He may be an absolute nutter (well he certainly is), but you cant fault him for trying - FV continually delaying things is just fueling the fire with LB. Most fans (me included) blamed him for the injunction that 'so called' stopped the takeover going through, but its quite obvious now that wasn't the case & the deal was probably nowhere near being completed.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:26 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:14 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:01 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

He's now a Bolton fan, apparently he's been to the tattooist in town this afternoon & got the club badge / crest on his leg, he doesn't want to see us relegated so he's going to offer to pay for 8-10 new players ASAP just because he wants to help us & because FV are doing sweet FA by the sounds of it.

He may be an absolute nutter (well he certainly is), but you cant fault him for trying - FV continually delaying things is just fueling the fire with LB. Most fans (me included) blamed him for the injunction that 'so called' stopped the takeover going through, but its quite obvious now that wasn't the case & the deal was probably nowhere near being completed.
The fog is clearing. At last, FV(W)Ltd are being shown up for the chancers they always were [yeh, yeh, yeh "what was the alternative?" I hear the plaintive cries - there fxcking wasn't one, but we didn't need the angst and fxcking bullshit for all this time as well, did we???]
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:38 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:54 pm
FV to pull out later this week when they don't get the hotel leaving the Kamani's to get the hotel & Bassini the club is my prediction (for now anyway)
I'll slightly modulate that to the EFL suspends all our games and gives us fourteen days to get it sorted, later this fortnight the Kamanis get the hotel, Bassini wins his court case against Anderson, Rubin & Partners go for liquidation and Bassini gets another injunction against Rubin & Partners which is overturned three days later, and nobody ever hears from FV ever again.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:38 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
I'll slightly modulate that to the EFL suspends all our games and gives us fourteen days to get it sorted, later this fortnight the Kamanis get the hotel, Bassini wins his court case against Anderson, Rubin & Partners go for liquidation and Bassini gets another injunction against Rubin & Partners which is overturned three days later, and nobody ever hears from FV ever again.
That could happen. I agree to an extent. I think this is the timeline:

* Kamanis get hotel
* FV pull out
* EFL give us 14 days
* Bassini loses to Anderson
* Kamanis reluctantly buy the club but seek a buyer ASAP

And the beat goes on.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:49 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:47 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:38 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
That could happen. I agree to an extent. I think this is the timeline:

* Kamanis get hotel
* FV pull out
* EFL give us 14 days
* Bassini loses to Anderson
* Kamanis reluctantly buy the club but seek a buyer ASAP

And the beat goes on.
I'll live with that. It'll be reet. :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:30 pm

I struggle to see the Kamanis bidding for the hotel without at least attempting to understand the whole situation around the link to the football club first. I also struggle to see them wanting to hit the national press for killing off a founder member of the football league. Therefore that leaves (in no particular order):

- They withdraw their bid for the hotel not realizing quite how much complexity and hassle there is
- They agree to work with FV including an updated business plan to make the club viable.
- Despite their denials they wanted the club all along.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:53 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:30 pm
I struggle to see the Kamanis bidding for the hotel without at least attempting to understand the whole situation around the link to the football club first. I also struggle to see them wanting to hit the national press for killing off a founder member of the football league. Therefore that leaves (in no particular order):

- They withdraw their bid for the hotel not realizing quite how much complexity and hassle there is
- They agree to work with FV including an updated business plan to make the club viable.
Unless you're saying "They suddenly claim that" before your third bullet point, isn't there a clash there? If they do want the club, why keep FV involved?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:14 pm

Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:53 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

Unless you're saying "They suddenly claim that" before your third bullet point, isn't there a clash there? If they do want the club, why keep FV involved?
Sorry I should have added a few or's in there.

So I am saying they are broadly the options I see. So assuming they go through with their bid for the hotel, either they want the hotel and don't want to run the club, but equally don't want to kill it off, so work with FV so the club survives under FV's ownership, OR, they actually wanted the club all along and have used the hotel as a vehicle to get the club.

I don't see a scenario where they have just entered into this thinking they will make a small addition to their property portfolio, and to their surprise there is a whole adjoining football club on it's knees issue for them to deal with. And they seem too wealthy for any nefarious actors to get them to act as spoilers...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:34 pm

EFL have suspended Bury's game this weekend and awarded Sheffield Wednesday the previously postponed League Cup game

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/ef ... fc-update3

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:54 pm

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:34 pm
EFL have suspended Bury's game this weekend and awarded Sheffield Wednesday the previously postponed League Cup game

Golden share to be transferred 5pm on Friday, according to Iles. Never liked them, but that’s bloody awful news. How long until it’s our turn?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:54 pm

Golden share to be transferred 5pm on Friday, according to Iles. Never liked them, but that’s bloody awful news. How long until it’s our turn?
Once a precedent's set I'd suggest not long!
May the bridges I burn light your way

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:56 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Apparently their chairman is still turning down offers to buy the club!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:01 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:58 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

And who let him in the building? Oh yeah, the EFL.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:06 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:14 pm
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:53 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

Sorry I should have added a few or's in there.

So I am saying they are broadly the options I see. So assuming they go through with their bid for the hotel, either they want the hotel and don't want to run the club, but equally don't want to kill it off, so work with FV so the club survives under FV's ownership, OR, they actually wanted the club all along and have used the hotel as a vehicle to get the club.

I don't see a scenario where they have just entered into this thinking they will make a small addition to their property portfolio, and to their surprise there is a whole adjoining football club on it's knees issue for them to deal with. And they seem too wealthy for any nefarious actors to get them to act as spoilers...
The trouble with those outlined scenarios is that if anybody but FV get the hotel, then FV can't work with them, because FV's entire business plan revolves around loans and liquidity and asset stripping, and if the hotel belongs to somebody else they can't sell the stadium and rent it back, because they won't own the entire lease on the grounds.
FV have no liquidity/money/dosh... How much evidence for this is required? They are skint/borassic/penurious.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:07 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:58 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Bollocks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください