The New Kit Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: The New Kit Thread

Post by Sponge » Tue May 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Ahh, y'all mean "red stripes" as in red adidas stripes. For two days I've been thinking Red Stripe (the Jamaican beer brand) was going to be our new sponsor. Which I would have liked.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:37 am

Turkish Trotter wrote:Its got to be White with navy trim and maybe a touch of red, but the stripes must be navy.
I'd imagine the top of the shoulders and sleeves will be blue and have white stripes


Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Wed May 23, 2012 9:13 am

Gonna miss Reebok. Never really been that big a fan of Adidas' three stripes on everything.

I can see us ending up with something like this for our tracksuits:

The blue bit for the Adidas logo looks horrid.

Hopefully we'll end up with a kit with more to it than this Germany kit though:

Something like this would be ok I suppose:
In white obviously..

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 23, 2012 9:16 am

The bottom one is the one I believe we're having. But I also heard it had a round-neck.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed May 23, 2012 10:26 am

dont like the logo in the middle. the un-symmetricalness makes me vomit.

HM Murdock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by HM Murdock » Wed May 23, 2012 11:05 am

Someone posted a pic of the new LA Galaxy shirt - it has a similar curved section on the sleeeve that the bwfc site teaser pic has.

One of these two patterns maybe?

That is assuming that the pic on bwfc.co.uk is a section of the new shirt...
West Stand White

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed May 23, 2012 11:07 am

Swap the yellow bits for red and make the shorts blue?
Could be.

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Wed May 23, 2012 11:26 am

I am to gonna really miss reebok, it's an end of an era!

Reebok has had some stick over the past few seasons but the fact is they have always tried to do something completely different and you can never say 2 strips look alike, we're as Adidas strips are just the same every year with a slight difference, maybe a thin line going down the side or a bit of extra colour!

People have been saying they are now gonna start buying the new Bolton top just because we are now with adidas, but are you honestly gonna buy the same shirt every year, the same boring shirt with the same 3 stripes down the shoulders, the only change will be if we do have red stripes this year, next year the stripes will be blue! WOW how creative.

When I think of this wonderful club I think of reebok, and I look at our unique kits we have had down the years, I have likes every single one of them (maybe apart from the sports bra which I bought both home and away never the less) and Bolton stand out, now let's get used to blending in for the next 4 years then sign a contract with macron when Adidas drop us.

Everyone will be wishing we had stayed with Reebok all along.

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Wed May 23, 2012 11:39 am

And if my memory proves me right I'm pretty sure that the sports bra shirt was the first kit released after Adidas bought Reebok, so how do we know that wasn't the Adidas input on Reebok, interesting..

HM Murdock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by HM Murdock » Wed May 23, 2012 11:48 am

Horses for courses, there are some that have liked them. The 10/11 shirt wasnt too bad. but unfortunately the vast majority of fans have found the last few years Reebok kits to be awful, and we've been the laughing stock when it comes to kit. The barcode and sports bra were just too much

Its a welcome change to switch to adidas
West Stand White

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed May 23, 2012 11:54 am

The sports bra one was a new low.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Wed May 23, 2012 12:25 pm

hi there, i'm craig wrote:I am to gonna really miss reebok, it's an end of an era!

Reebok has had some stick over the past few seasons but the fact is they have always tried to do something completely different and you can never say 2 strips look alike, we're as Adidas strips are just the same every year with a slight difference, maybe a thin line going down the side or a bit of extra colour!

People have been saying they are now gonna start buying the new Bolton top just because we are now with adidas, but are you honestly gonna buy the same shirt every year, the same boring shirt with the same 3 stripes down the shoulders, the only change will be if we do have red stripes this year, next year the stripes will be blue! WOW how creative.

When I think of this wonderful club I think of reebok, and I look at our unique kits we have had down the years, I have likes every single one of them (maybe apart from the sports bra which I bought both home and away never the less) and Bolton stand out, now let's get used to blending in for the next 4 years then sign a contract with macron when Adidas drop us.

I don't think the club have a say in it. Reebok, who are owned by Adidas, want to move away from football and concentrate on fitness. Frankly I'm amazed we didn't end up with Hi-Tec.

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Wed May 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Sponge wrote:
hi there, i'm craig wrote:I am to gonna really miss reebok, it's an end of an era!

I don't think the club have a say in it. Reebok, who are owned by Adidas, want to move away from football and concentrate on fitness. Frankly I'm amazed we didn't end up with Hi-Tec.
Ha Ye could be worse, Yes I'm aware that it had nothing to do this the club I'm taking about fans reaction, this was a move that was always gonna happen when Adidas bought Reebok out.

Having said that I I'm still gutted about it and if given the choice most fans would have welcomed Adidas because they haven't liked reebok for many seasons and
My point is based on that, not the club or Reebok.

Reebok will be sadly missed in football as far as I'm concerned, I will continue to wear my Bolton Reebok shirts with pride.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed May 23, 2012 12:40 pm

I'm not bang up to date so this might not still be true, but I think all the NFL kits are made by Reebok through the collective bargaining agreement. Maybe that's changing to Adidas too.

In the upper leagues you can see it becoming a 2 or 3 company monopoly on shirts.

Adidas is probably my favourite brand of sports clothing, they make great stuff for the gym. Fairly excited.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed May 23, 2012 12:52 pm

This, for me, ws the worst. That collar was stitched in !!

Though the trainer-bra gave it a run for it's money

That the Tesco Value Range one replaced the trainer-bra was just about the only good thing about it !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed May 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:I'm not bang up to date so this might not still be true, but I think all the NFL kits are made by Reebok through the collective bargaining agreement. Maybe that's changing to Adidas too.
The land of the free .... more controlled than many communist states in some aspects.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

wembley1995
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by wembley1995 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:38 pm

This is my fave,

not for looks wise but at the time it was the shizz but more happy memories with this one

my fave reebok top anyway

We're bolton wanderers we'll fight to the END!

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed May 23, 2012 1:39 pm

Back in the 'one size fits all' days :)

wembley1995
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by wembley1995 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:43 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Back in the 'one size fits all' days :)

ha ha thats the days!!

back when everyone was wearing eclipse jeans and technics jackets lol
We're bolton wanderers we'll fight to the END!

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Wed May 23, 2012 1:43 pm

This is the one I still wear to games, McGinlay 10 on the back.