Doomsday: Stoke away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: Day of Destiny/Doomsday: Stoke away

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri May 11, 2012 7:54 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sponge wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Owen'sEleven wrote:
I've got a feeling we might just do this....
We will - and QPR will get a point off of Citeh! :(

:hang:
I know, mate. But you know when you have one of those unshakeable feelings that something is going to happen? Well that's what I have about this!
I'm with you.

We're winning. City leading 1-0 going into the last five minutes, hearing United are losing at Sunderland. The party starts and everyone forgets to mark Cisse...
I'll cover him.............

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Post by m_taylor » Fri May 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Owen'sEleven wrote:
Barr Hill wrote:In the past we have parked in the industrial estate next to the ground. Cost £5 last season.A bit of a wait after the match to get out but I doubt this will matter which ever way the result goes .........
Yep. I parked there no problem. Screw Fix I believe it was.
Thank you

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat May 12, 2012 1:00 am

is Mavies out for Sunday? http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... _table.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Salford Trotter on Sat May 12, 2012 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Voice Of Reason

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat May 12, 2012 1:03 am

Salford Trotter wrote:is Mavies injured? I must have missed it :conf:
http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... _table.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just a knock I think and we're hoping he'll be fit


Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat May 12, 2012 7:31 am

I suspect Doughal will be drawn toward the red button and 442 tomorrow but for me I'd like to see this...
Boyata Ream Knight Ricketts
NRC Vela
CYL Eagles Petrov
NGog

Ream is a worry in the air for this game but I cant see him being left out. Ricketts on the right and Knight on the left is a possibility though . Ream and Knight both prefer to play left CD. I would start with Vela because he is not carrying an injury, has no fear and appears able to tackle and pass the ball accurately. He's the one most likely to take some weight off the overworked /injured NRC.You could argue is lessimportant against stoke as theymiss out the midfield but thats a bit of a generalisation and against our midfield there's no need for them to go over the top all the time.Starting with CYl on the right because he can be more useful with his guile playing from the start and it leaves the option of bringing Mavis(not a 90 min man) on for the last 30 mins. We dont want Mavis conceeding the usual free kicks just inside our half against this lot.Likewise Pratley(not 100% fit) can also provide an attacking alternative.KD and Klasnic are also more useful coming on rather than starting.I'd rather see us keep it tight and up the ante /increase momentum later in the game than go for it and play it open.This team and coyle's tactical guile have already proven a complete disaster doing that over the last year.
nb I've given up hope of seeing Tuncay and Sordell involved because our ace man manager doesnt like them. In normal circumstances and assuming Sordell is the mobile quick goalscorer he is/was meant to be he'd be ideal to start in this game.Not sure who stoke are currentlyplaying at the back but they generally set up very solid in the air and are more succeptible to pass and move and pace than anything long and high so unless Upson is likely to start I wouldnt be playing KD from scratch.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat May 12, 2012 9:36 am

We're doomed.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... -the-drop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat May 12, 2012 9:53 am

DJBlu wrote:We're doomed.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... -the-drop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's a simple world where owen lives isnt it.We'd be halfway up the league.... with a more sane manager we'd already have taken the opportunities offered to be safe

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 12, 2012 10:21 am

DJBlu wrote:We're doomed.

He's on fcuking drugs or sommat.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 12, 2012 10:35 am

Anyhow, maybe a bit of good news, Lawro has us down for a draw, so that makes it a defeat or a win. :-)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 12, 2012 10:37 am

Coyle calculates that centre-half David Wheater’s luckless injury against the Baggies last week makes him the club’s sixth cruciate ligament injury victim alongside four broken legs and Fabrice Muamba’s cardiac arrest.
“It’s been unprecedented – knee injuries putting players out for such a long period, leg breaks,” said Coyle.
“It has just been incredible, with everything that happened to Fabrice as well.
“There has been huge trauma and turmoil in terms of injuries and illness, but we have just got on with it and always remained grounded.
“We also know that after everything that has ­happened, we have an ­opportunity to go and win that game and be smiling on Sunday night.
“If you look at us, we are more equipped to win games than to draw. That’s the way we play.
“We are open because we want to win games. We also want to entertain and that’s what we’ve done.
“There have been some games where draws might have proved invaluable ,but we always look for wins.
YOU TOTAL COMPLETE UTTER fecking MORON!!! YOU CAN PISS RIGHT OFF!!! THEM fecking DRAWS WOULD HAVE MADE US SAFE BY NOW YOU REALLY ARE A FIRST CLASS DICK AND SO IS ANYONE THAT STILL WANTS YOU HERE AFTER READING AT LAST THE fecking TRUTH ABOUT OWEN FECKIN' COYLES REVOLUTION! YOU ARE A FRAUD AND CHEATING OUR CLUB OUT OF YOUR WAGES i DESPISE YOU MORE THAN I EVER DID MEGSON YOU ARE SCUM!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 12, 2012 10:46 am

I think Hobes may have got out of the bed on the wrong side...

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat May 12, 2012 10:48 am

Hoboh wrote:
Coyle calculates that centre-half David Wheater’s luckless injury against the Baggies last week makes him the club’s sixth cruciate ligament injury victim alongside four broken legs and Fabrice Muamba’s cardiac arrest.
“It’s been unprecedented – knee injuries putting players out for such a long period, leg breaks,” said Coyle.
“There has been huge trauma and turmoil in terms of injuries and illness, but we have just got on with it and always remained grounded.
“We also know that after everything that has ­happened, we have an ­opportunity to go and win that game and be smiling on Sunday night.
“If you look at us, we are more equipped to win games than to draw. That’s the way we play.
“We are open because we want to win games. We also want to entertain and that’s what we’ve done.
“There have been some games where draws might have proved invaluable ,but we always look for wins.
YOU TOTAL COMPLETE UTTER fecking MORON!!! YOU CAN PISS RIGHT OFF!!! THEM fecking DRAWS WOULD HAVE MADE US SAFE BY NOW YOU REALLY ARE A FIRST CLASS DICK AND SO IS ANYONE THAT STILL WANTS YOU HERE AFTER READING AT LAST THE fecking TRUTH ABOUT OWEN FECKIN' COYLES REVOLUTION! YOU ARE A FRAUD AND CHEATING OUR CLUB OUT OF YOUR WAGES i DESPISE YOU MORE THAN I EVER DID MEGSON YOU ARE SCUM!!
tell us what you really feel about Coyle hoboh
The Voice Of Reason

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 12, 2012 10:51 am

Worthy4England wrote:I think Hobes may have got out of the bed on the wrong side...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 12, 2012 10:57 am

Salford Trotter wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
tell us what you really feel about Coyle hoboh
Well its about time someone said it, the man is clueless and I'm sorry I don't buy all those knee injurries being a coincidence either. He needs to be run out of our club after the game tomorrow live or die whatever the result! Owen Coyle top manager one day? never as long as I've a hole in my Ass!

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat May 12, 2012 10:57 am

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I think Hobes may have got out of the bed on the wrong side...

Indeed although I felt much the same reading that . My anger is tempered by resignation,or is it just age.......I'm already resolving to try and spend less time chewing the cud and watching our hopeless football team but then I've been trying to ween myself away and do something more useful for years and never succeeded.

Curse that copper who used to get us on the paddock forfree!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 12, 2012 10:58 am

Hoboh wrote:
Well its about time someone said it, the man is clueless

yeah - it's about time!!!! you're right!! I can't remember anyone else ever saying that at all this season..... errr....

you're the first hobes!!! :pissed:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat May 12, 2012 11:48 am

My optimism has returned again today. It's been a while.
COYWM!
Businesswoman of the year.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat May 12, 2012 11:53 am

For the first time all week, i'm excited.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Hoboh wrote: YOU TOTAL COMPLETE UTTER fecking MORON!!! YOU CAN PISS RIGHT OFF!!! THEM fecking DRAWS WOULD HAVE MADE US SAFE BY NOW YOU REALLY ARE A FIRST CLASS DICK AND SO IS ANYONE THAT STILL WANTS YOU HERE AFTER READING AT LAST THE fecking TRUTH ABOUT OWEN FECKIN' COYLES REVOLUTION! YOU ARE A FRAUD AND CHEATING OUR CLUB OUT OF YOUR WAGES i DESPISE YOU MORE THAN I EVER DID MEGSON YOU ARE SCUM!!
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Morning Hoboh. Australian White wine can do that to a man. You'll feel better shortly. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?