Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:41 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:36 pm
jmjhb wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:06 pm
I see Sky Sports are running with the 'breaking news' that the takeover is off :roll:
Elsewhere in that organisation, Ken plays his usual card: :roll:
Perhaps he intends to pay the bill? :shock:
"I have been disappointed with the way the taxman has seen it necessary to drag this through the public eye. The taxman and the pastie-makers. The taxman, the pastie-makers and the players. The taxman, the pastie-makers, the players and the hotel staff. The taxman, the pastie-makers...." [et cetera ad infinitum]

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 pm

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:13 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:41 pm
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:36 pm
jmjhb wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:06 pm
I see Sky Sports are running with the 'breaking news' that the takeover is off :roll:
Elsewhere in that organisation, Ken plays his usual card: :roll:
Perhaps he intends to pay the bill? :shock:
"I have been disappointed with the way the taxman has seen it necessary to drag this through the public eye. The taxman and the pastie-makers. The taxman, the pastie-makers and the players. The taxman, the pastie-makers, the players and the hotel staff. The taxman, the pastie-makers...." [et cetera ad infinitum]
There will be a request to the court for an extension as there is a prospective buyer on the brink of completing. Then we all know what happens after if they don't agree.

Jesus this is desperate.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:54 am
The cost of admin is not just 3 months running costs - its also paying off secured creditors and at least 25% of unsecured creditors according to EFL rules. This is substantially above £10M.....And potentially more expensive than the deal Basran was trying to do....
Not sure if this is absolutely true:
The Football Creditors Rule would be preserved. Football creditors would then continue to be paid in full in the event of the club’s insolvency before the club is readmitted to the League.

However, an additional requirement is imposed that other creditors must receive at least 25 pence in the pound (or 35 pence in the pound if paid over three years). A failure to meet this obligation could result in a further 15-point deduction for the club.
https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/featu ... -direction

The other two options mentioned above i.e. structuring the payments to unsecured creditors over three years, or taking a further points penalty seem to lessen the immediate financial burden if that is a problem?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:46 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:35 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
The cost of admin is not just 3 months running costs - its also paying off secured creditors and at least 25% of unsecured creditors according to EFL rules. This is substantially above £10M.....And potentially more expensive than the deal Basran was trying to do....
The Football Creditors Rule would be preserved. Football creditors would then continue to be paid in full in the event of the club’s insolvency before the club is readmitted to the League.

However, an additional requirement is imposed that other creditors must receive at least 25 pence in the pound (or 35 pence in the pound if paid over three years). A failure to meet this obligation could result in a further 15-point deduction for the club.

The other two options mentioned above i.e. structuring the payments to unsecured creditors over three years, or taking a further points penalty seem to lessen the immediate financial burden if that is a problem?
But you still have to pay off the secured creditors...plus IF court issue a winding up order you can only enter admin if the creditors on that petition agree - so IF order issued tomorrow then all creditors will pile onto petition to try and get what they can. HMRC will have to agree to administration - which in reality they won't do - because this is 6th time they've taken us to court and it is unlikely they would receive anything out of administration and they have a zero tolerance policy on football clubs......

The window for admin is only before any order is passed. And supposedly you cannot pre-pack due to the EFL rules...so good luck.....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:48 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 pm
There will be a request to the court for an extension as there is a prospective buyer on the brink of completing. Then we all know what happens after if they don't agree.

Jesus this is desperate.
Even to get a week's grace, I'm not sure he'll be able to persuade the court that his imaginary billionaire friend will save the day, unless there's a serious level of commitment - almost the equivalent of posting bail.

In other words: no extra go until you can prove it's substantially different.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:54 pm

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:48 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 pm

Jesus this is desperate.
Even to get a week's grace, I'm not sure he'll be able to persuade the court that his imaginary billionaire friend will save the day, unless there's a serious level of commitment - almost the equivalent of posting bail.

In other words: no extra go until you can prove it's substantially different.
Very witty! I think the burden of proof is relatively high so I suspect unless he's well advanced with another party in secret it's Basran or bust...unless someone else has completed due diligence then I don't think it would be a goer in the courts eyes.

I think they would accept regulatory approval (e.g. EFL approval) pending as being a satisfactory point to grant a delay.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:04 pm

So who's gonna be 1st to flex some financial mussel?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:46 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:35 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

But you still have to pay off the secured creditors...plus IF court issue a winding up order you can only enter admin if the creditors on that petition agree - so IF order issued tomorrow then all creditors will pile onto petition to try and get what they can. HMRC will have to agree to administration - which in reality they won't do - because this is 6th time they've taken us to court and it is unlikely they would receive anything out of administration and they have a zero tolerance policy on football clubs......

The window for admin is only before any order is passed. And supposedly you cannot pre-pack due to the EFL rules...so good luck.....
Yes I was just referring to the unsecured creditors, I agree we have a real issue getting into administration.

It will really come down to Michael James (on behalf of the existing creditors and the Basran group) persuading HMRC that there is a realistic chance of an agreement being reached during administration, which he would also have to fund...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:16 pm

Should they wish, Bolton Council could very easily pay off "Bolton Wanderers" debts; but why should they? I mean the players pay massive taxes monthly to Inland Revenue cash gatherers which is government and so will the club as a business, thus in the interests of the fair name of our town which is pretty nifty at collecting its own taxes (my council tax just went up again a couple of weeks back along with Eon and Virgin incidentally) ) and they've spent millions on making "improvements", like making Newport street a betting shop, pie and burger snackery ,pawn shop and beggars hang-out, ripped up Brackley Street in Farnworth and the bus station and put them back together with no noticeable difference, and turned the Market Hall into a giant cafe cum restaurant (oh aye, forgot about the talking picture show). Surely a few bob to help out the town's reputation and stop us looking like we're just keeping the courts in business, wouldn't go amiss? ( I know I'm pipe dreaming, of course, and I've just wasted a few minutes typing this drivel....but.....).
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:21 pm

This is terrifyingly bleak.

Made a note in my diary. Simply says "bugger"....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1iC7SzZ4N8

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:32 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:16 pm
Should they wish, Bolton Council could very easily pay off "Bolton Wanderers" debts; but why should they? I mean the players pay massive taxes monthly to Inland Revenue cash gatherers which is government and so will the club as a business, thus in the interests of the fair name of our town which is pretty nifty at collecting its own taxes (my council tax just went up again a couple of weeks back along with Eon and Virgin incidentally) ) and they've spent millions on making "improvements", like making Newport street a betting shop, pie and burger snackery ,pawn shop and beggars hang-out, ripped up Brackley Street in Farnworth and the bus station and put them back together with no noticeable difference, and turned the Market Hall into a giant cafe cum restaurant (oh aye, forgot about the talking picture show). Surely a few bob to help out the town's reputation and stop us looking like we're just keeping the courts in business, wouldn't go amiss? ( I know I'm pipe dreaming, of course, and I've just wasted a few minutes typing this drivel....but.....).
Not to be funny - but the very reason we're in court tomorrow is because for the 6th time in the past few years we aren't paying the taxman what he's owed.....

As for the council - the bailout till the end of the season has a few figures - between 8 and 20M. That's till the end of the season. Lets split the difference and say £14M is required to pay off creditors and cover running costs till then. Are you seriously suggesting any council has £14M spare to invest in a private business? (That is even if they could - which they cannot).

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:37 pm

There would (quite rightly) be uproar were the council to step in and start chucking tax payers cash around...particularly in times of austerity! 😳

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:47 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:37 pm
There would (quite rightly) be uproar were the council to step in and start chucking tax payers cash around...particularly in times of austerity! 😳
" ( I know I'm pipe dreaming, of course, and I've just wasted a few minutes typing this drivel....but.....).".........Just frustration, nothing more Dibs. ....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:51 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:47 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
" ( I know I'm pipe dreaming, of course, and I've just wasted a few minutes typing this drivel....but.....).".........Just frustration, nothing more Dibs. ....
I'm wondering what exactly you have in that pipe, Tango...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:57 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:51 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:47 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
I'm wondering what exactly you have in that pipe, Tango...
It's a sort of mixture of Faith, Hope and Charity...I think. :wink: ae:)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:06 pm

Nixon reporting that league trying to broker deal between Basran and Anderson. Makes sense league a) do not want headache of having to wipe out our results from this season and implications of that should we be liquidated b) league also have embarrassing Shaun Harvey comments defending Anderson only a few weeks ago plus passing KA as "fit and proper" in the 1st place, for founder member to cease to exist would be incredibly embarrassing for them in light of this.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ver-talks/

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:59 am
....and of course knowing Anderson...
...who knows what is in that man's brain.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:06 pm
Nixon reporting that league trying to broker deal between Basran and Anderson. Makes sense league a) do not want headache of having to wipe out our results from this season and implications of that should we be liquidated b) league also have embarrassing Shaun Harvey comments defending Anderson only a few weeks ago plus passing KA as "fit and proper" in the 1st place, for founder member to cease to exist would be incredibly embarrassing for them in light of this.

Look on the bright side - Wigan would drop back into the bottom three....Derby would leapfrog a few into the playoffs...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:32 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:19 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Look on the bright side - Wigan would drop back into the bottom three....Derby would leapfrog a few into the playoffs...
Think Wigan would be one goal above Rotherham, who would be just below the dots in the higher of the *two* relegation slots.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:33 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:19 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Be good for Brum, too.
May the bridges I burn light your way