Bolton v Spuds

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Odelay
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Odelay » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:55 pm

East Lower wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:And, don't forget, he also added that we have the two fastest runners closer to the edge of the box for breakaways/

On a similar subject, has Davo been giving Chung some heading lessons lately? He's been leaping like Helguson at times.
I noticed that too. Won loads in the air on Saturday!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Marshall_42 reports from the enemy camp:

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/Ro ... Reebok-930
Pizza and garlic bread at lunch time? Exotic lifestyle

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Aye for a little 'un his heading his excellent. He cleared one from the edge of the box, must have travlled 25 yards!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:02 pm

Has anything happened re: Fatty Huddlestone stamping on Elmo yet?
May the bridges I burn light your way

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:04 pm

East Lower wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Marshall_42 reports from the enemy camp:

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/Ro ... Reebok-930
Pizza and garlic bread at lunch time? Exotic lifestyle
well they are southerners after all!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Has anything happened re: Fatty Huddlestone stamping on Elmo yet?
A very good point, we could tell that fat prick (who I'd love to see play for us!) did it on purpose :whack: ( :pray: )

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Has anything happened re: Fatty Huddlestone stamping on Elmo yet?
news still awaited I think...

(telegraph)
Tottenham are waiting anxiously to discover if the Football Association are to take action against Tom Huddlestone for an alleged stamp on Bolton's Johan Elmander.

Tottenham wait to hear whether Tom Huddlestone will be punished for alleged stamp

Huddlestone, a second-half substitute during Saturday's 4-2 win, avoided punishment from referee Chris Foy.

However, if Foy refers to it in his report or if the FA decide to view video evidence, the midfielder could receive a three-match ban.

That would rule him out of Tuesday's visit of Sunderland, but manager Harry Redknapp insisted at today's press conference that he had yet to see the incident.

“I never saw it at the time and I still haven't seen it,” said Redknapp. “Their bench was upset when it happened and if he did it, he did it.”

Graham Poll's view:
Chris Foy would also have appreciated some input from one of his team after missing Tom Huddlestone stamp on Johan Elmander of Bolton.

Huddlestone was very fortunate to escape sanction form UEFA after an undetected elbow in a Champions League game against FC Twente.

The FA will now be expected to look at the video evidence and hope that the officials say that they missed the offence, however hard that is to believe given how obvious it looked.
Last edited by thebish on Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Not heard, but hope something does. Totally blatant and then acted as if Elmo was just putting it on and nothing had happened. It was bad, even if he'd at least had the balls to apologise and not come over all arrogant. Hope they throw the full book at him.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:09 pm

i diplomatically (and for editting reasons) left that out of the report. No reaction from the Spuds supporters unsurprisingly.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:50 pm

marshall_42 wrote:i diplomatically (and for editting reasons) left that out of the report. No reaction from the Spuds supporters unsurprisingly.
Good read, thanks M42 :-)

I do have one question though...

The word

Sky+’ed

??

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
marshall_42 wrote:i diplomatically (and for editting reasons) left that out of the report. No reaction from the Spuds supporters unsurprisingly.

The word

Sky+’ed

??
My definition below:

Sky plussed- the act of pressing the red button on your sky box to record a different channel.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

The word

Sky+’ed

??
v. 'to Sky Plus' something

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:53 pm

You kids make verbs out of anything these days.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:01 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:You kids make verbs out of anything these days.
Yes - I'm glad you've ohjimmyjimmied them for that.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:16 pm

(telegraph)
manager Harry Redknapp insisted at today's press conference that he had yet to see the incident.

I never saw it at the time and I still haven't seen it,” said Redknapp. “Their bench was upset when it happened and if he did it, he did it.”
Utter bollocks. You have one of your players up for a ban and you don't review the evidence?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:15 pm

No ban for tubby then.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:45 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:No ban for tubby then.

Adrian 'dickbreath' Durham said on Talksport said he was glad Huddlestone wasn't going to be punished as he felt it was just retribution for the two earlier tackles on Bale by Steinsson and Davies.

This shortly after refuting that the FA and referees didn't favour the big four to six clubs.

The man is an utter cockwipe and I would request that I am banned from this forum permanently if I ever mention having listened to this apology for a radio station ever again.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:53 pm

The appeals for the red cards for Koscielny (Arse) and Balotelli (Massives) should be interesting.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:05 pm

So no ban then. Chris Foy saw the incident but not the deliberate stamp. So that means they cannot use video evidence.

Unless there is an off the ball event surely the officials will see the 'incident' if not the full impact. What a load of tosh. Chris Foy should be sacked as a referee if he saw it but not the stamp.

Wankers the lot of them.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 01,00.html
The Football Association has confirmed that no action will be taken against Tom Huddlestone for his alleged stamp on Johan Elmander.

The Tottenham midfielder appeared to land his foot on the Bolton striker as Harry Redknapp's side went down to a 4-2 defeat at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday.

However, he will not be charged by the FA after referee Chris Hoy confirmed that match officials did see the incident.

Even if the full nature of the clash was not seen by the officials, under Fifa rules the FA is then not allowed to summon video evidence to try the case retrospectively.

"We can confirm there will be no action taken against Tom Huddlestone," said an FA spokesman.

Huddlestone has therefore escaped a possible three-match suspension for violent conduct and will be available for Tottenham's clash with Sunderland on Tuesday.

The 23-year-old has already avoided a Uefa charge this season after television pictures showed his elbow making contact with the face of an opponent during Spurs' Champions League win over FC Twente.

But Redknapp has defended his player, saying Huddlestone is not an 'aggressive' character.
Last edited by malcd1 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:07 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:No ban for tubby then.

Adrian 'dickbreath' Durham said on Talksport said he was glad Huddlestone wasn't going to be punished as he felt it was just retribution for the two earlier tackles on Bale by Steinsson and Davies.

This shortly after refuting that the FA and referees didn't favour the big four to six clubs.

The man is an utter cockwipe and I would request that I am banned from this forum permanently if I ever mention having listened to this apology for a radio station ever again.
What are these tackles (because, as we know, tackling is now illegal) from Steinsson and Davies on Bale? Not even the Spurs fans have said anything about them, or us being over-physical.

The only place these allegations have been heard? Sub-human press, like Football365, and Talksport (which I reckon should be a permanent ban offence for anyone here listening to it).
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you