Doomsday: Stoke away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Day of Destiny/Doomsday: Stoke away

Post by Gail Platz » Sat May 12, 2012 12:30 pm

This is going to be fun... I've been offered a ticket to the player of the year dinner tomorrow night. Imagine the atmosphere at that if we get relegated!

Mitch
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mitch » Sat May 12, 2012 12:51 pm

Not even sure I can bear to listen/watch this tomorrow. I'm blummin hopeless listening to the radio, I just can't do it. I walk round with my fingers in my ears singing 'La la la la, I'm not listening ...'. Can't watch online either without constantly getting up and seeing what jobs need doing ....

I just about manage watching the games live, and that's because I can't fidget the same when I'm at the match. Mind it's been hard going this season, I've had my hood up a lot and my face in my scarf more times than I can remember.

I'll be spending the best part of today planning what I'm going to do with myself tomorrow, I know I'll end up on here watching some stream or other ... oh it's going to be a long 24 hours.

I am feeling more optimistic that I was Sunday night though, and that's saying something ... come on you Whites!! :pray:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 12, 2012 1:00 pm

Mitch wrote:Not even sure I can bear to listen/watch this tomorrow. I'm blummin hopeless listening to the radio, I just can't do it. I walk round with my fingers in my ears singing 'La la la la, I'm not listening ...'. Can't watch online either without constantly getting up and seeing what jobs need doing ....

aye... the worst is if it isn't your game that is the commentary game... but then they say "there's a goal at the reebok..." and you don't know whether to be excited or not.. bastids!!!

(only tomorrow it'll be - there's a goal at the Britannia...)

I listened to the game like this last week - the commentary game was the QPR game... it was pure torture! (QPR scored as they had briefly gone off to listen to a horse race...)

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat May 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Whatever; I'll still be a wanderer come monday. I wonder how many players & coaching staff will be though?

COYWM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat May 12, 2012 1:34 pm

Gail Platz wrote:This is going to be fun... I've been offered a ticket to the player of the year dinner tomorrow night. Imagine the atmosphere at that if we get relegated!
I can only think it will be re-focused on Muamba...
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Im edging towards dissapearing somewhere with no phone signal tomorrow...we aint on sky and I hate watching other teams. Come 5pm I'll be happy its all over come what may...indeed I'll be dreading another year of this if we do pull it off. Not actually that bothered about dropping.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 12, 2012 2:28 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Im edging towards dissapearing somewhere with no phone signal tomorrow...we aint on sky and I hate watching other teams. Come 5pm I'll be happy its all over come what may...indeed I'll be dreading another year of this if we do pull it off. Not actually that bothered about dropping.
I think it matters which division we end up in with Coyle at the helm and his stupid outlook on football allied to his quite plain blindness, we will still get served more of the same.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat May 12, 2012 3:26 pm

I think the screws need tightening on my number plates, so I'll probably be too busy to tune in. I might even wait until MOTD2.

I remember being in the middle of nowhere when we beat Boro, with bugger all signal. With about 10 minutes left, the first text message that arrived at my phone was "GOAL!!! Michael Ricketts!!". F*cking bastards nearly gave me a heart attack.

I hate football sometimes, really hate it.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat May 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Got my stream sorted, will be living every minute from Kick off to relegation or victory.

I can almost hear the 'Escape to Victory' type "Victoire, victoire" ringing round the ground.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sat May 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Coyle calculates that centre-half David Wheater’s luckless injury against the Baggies last week makes him the club’s sixth cruciate ligament injury victim alongside four broken legs and Fabrice Muamba’s cardiac arrest.
“It’s been unprecedented – knee injuries putting players out for such a long period, leg breaks,” said Coyle.
“It has just been incredible, with everything that happened to Fabrice as well.
“There has been huge trauma and turmoil in terms of injuries and illness, but we have just got on with it and always remained grounded.
“We also know that after everything that has ­happened, we have an ­opportunity to go and win that game and be smiling on Sunday night.
“If you look at us, we are more equipped to win games than to draw. That’s the way we play.
“We are open because we want to win games. We also want to entertain and that’s what we’ve done.
“There have been some games where draws might have proved invaluable ,but we always look for wins.
YOU TOTAL COMPLETE UTTER fecking MORON!!! YOU CAN PISS RIGHT OFF!!! THEM fecking DRAWS WOULD HAVE MADE US SAFE BY NOW YOU REALLY ARE A FIRST CLASS DICK AND SO IS ANYONE THAT STILL WANTS YOU HERE AFTER READING AT LAST THE fecking TRUTH ABOUT OWEN FECKIN' COYLES REVOLUTION! YOU ARE A FRAUD AND CHEATING OUR CLUB OUT OF YOUR WAGES i DESPISE YOU MORE THAN I EVER DID MEGSON YOU ARE SCUM!!
You are 100% right word for word hoboh.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat May 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Coyle calculates that centre-half David Wheater’s luckless injury against the Baggies last week makes him the club’s sixth cruciate ligament injury victim alongside four broken legs and Fabrice Muamba’s cardiac arrest.
“It’s been unprecedented – knee injuries putting players out for such a long period, leg breaks,” said Coyle.
“It has just been incredible, with everything that happened to Fabrice as well.
“There has been huge trauma and turmoil in terms of injuries and illness, but we have just got on with it and always remained grounded.
“We also know that after everything that has ­happened, we have an ­opportunity to go and win that game and be smiling on Sunday night.
“If you look at us, we are more equipped to win games than to draw. That’s the way we play.
“We are open because we want to win games. We also want to entertain and that’s what we’ve done.
“There have been some games where draws might have proved invaluable ,but we always look for wins.
YOU TOTAL COMPLETE UTTER fecking MORON!!! YOU CAN PISS RIGHT OFF!!! THEM fecking DRAWS WOULD HAVE MADE US SAFE BY NOW YOU REALLY ARE A FIRST CLASS DICK AND SO IS ANYONE THAT STILL WANTS YOU HERE AFTER READING AT LAST THE fecking TRUTH ABOUT OWEN FECKIN' COYLES REVOLUTION! YOU ARE A FRAUD AND CHEATING OUR CLUB OUT OF YOUR WAGES i DESPISE YOU MORE THAN I EVER DID MEGSON YOU ARE SCUM!!
Calm down, dear. It's only football.

bwfcmadlad
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bwfcmadlad » Sat May 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Got money on stoke now and last game I bet on was villa and lost then as well. Hope I lose again tomorrow :shock:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat May 12, 2012 7:38 pm

bwfcmadlad wrote:Got money on stoke now and last game I bet on was villa and lost then as well. Hope I lose again tomorrow :shock:
I hope for your sake you do, Gregorz Tratorelli :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
bwfcmadlad wrote:Got money on stoke now and last game I bet on was villa and lost then as well. Hope I lose again tomorrow :shock:
I hope for your sake you do, Gregorz Tratorelli :wink:
If proof were ever needed that you watch waaaaaaaaay too much television.... ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat May 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Anyone going on the 11:15 from Manchester tomorrow is that the London Euston train?

I know it's a virgin train so I assume it is


General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat May 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Gail Platz wrote:This is going to be fun... I've been offered a ticket to the player of the year dinner tomorrow night. Imagine the atmosphere at that if we get relegated!
me too - imagine the elation if we stay up tho!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat May 12, 2012 8:05 pm

adamworthy2002 wrote:Anyone going on the 11:15 from Manchester tomorrow is that the London Euston train?

It is.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat May 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
adamworthy2002 wrote:Anyone going on the 11:15 from Manchester tomorrow is that the London Euston train?

It is.
Ah good, don't want to end up in Crewe or something


LeDonk
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeDonk » Sat May 12, 2012 8:52 pm

Prepare for the worst.

In the famous words of Graham Taylor, at Crewe, when he was Aston Villa manager.. "You got us in this mess, you get us out of it"
"I canny destroy you today lads, I'm on some very serious business"

Coyling - Maintains volume to those who still won't listen.

longy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by longy » Sat May 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Gonna get my pc set up to watch the Wanderers, and the laptop for the QPR game, never watched two matches before simultaneously on streams, hope they both feckin work for 90'!! Am I asking for trouble? Maybe I should just set it up and go hide somewhere til the deed is done. Christ I'm shittin meesel. COYFWM :cry: