Huddersfield Away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Huddersfield Away

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:52 pm

uddersfield manager says:
Bolton are a top, top team at the wrong end of the division
:shock:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:21 am

thebish wrote:Douglas says...
"I am very proud of that performance. I am excited about what we have to work with here.

"I understand people will be disappointed at some of the results but from a coach's point of view we keep putting in performances. Sometimes you don't get what you deserve but you just stick to your principles.

"We play on the front foot and we keep going. What we need to do now is change these draws into wins."
he's changed his tune! a few weeks ago he was saying that 46 out of 47 of our players were garbage...
comparisons can be made with big sam about turning defeats into draws and draws into wins

I dont think that we would have got a win prior to Duggie, nor a draw and certainly dont think that we would have come back from being one down

i can see progress being made its just that we are in quite a mess and this is no quick fix scenario

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:46 am

Keep in mind, that lately it's been one good one bad. Next game will be awful.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:41 am

jaffka wrote:
"I am very proud of that performance. I am excited about what we have to work with here.

"I understand people will be disappointed at some of the results but from a coach's point of view we keep putting in performances. Sometimes you don't get what you deserve but you just stick to your principles.

"We play on the front foot and we keep going. What we need to do now is change these draws into wins."
he's changed his tune! a few weeks ago he was saying that 46 out of 47 of our players were garbage...
comparisons can be made with big sam about turning defeats into draws and draws into wins

I dont think that we would have got a win prior to Duggie, nor a draw and certainly dont think that we would have come back from being one down

i can see progress being made its just that we are in quite a mess and this is no quick fix scenario
What are you basing that on?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:42 am

The old "we'd have lost that under Coyle"

wonka
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by wonka » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:05 am

Just watched the highlights on Sky+. Awful amateurish defending by Ream for Huddersfield's equaliser, then he flapped big time shortly after - only for Bogdan to make a top class save.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but would've been better to have Riley on the bench instead of Ream, so Ricketts could've replaced Mills.

I just don't think Ream is good enough for the championship, probably not even good enough for League 1.
... of course I may just be talking bo11ocks

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:09 am

No, because that would mean 2 defensive changes instead of one. Dangerous game, that.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:39 am

boltonboris wrote:No, because that would mean 2 defensive changes instead of one. Dangerous game, that.
Oh I dunno, one change to bring Ream on and another to cover the gaps he leaves. Can we just count them as one sub?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:50 am

Worthy4England wrote:
boltonboris wrote:No, because that would mean 2 defensive changes instead of one. Dangerous game, that.
Oh I dunno, one change to bring Ream on and another to cover the gaps he leaves. Can we just count them as one sub?
Coulda woulda shoulda.

He coulda put Butterfield on and brought Andrews into defence.

We lost 3 points due to a forced substitution, we'd have won had the team not changed as they were comfortable up until the sub.

Ream isn't a good player. He can sometimes due to his pace recover situations but his heading and positional play is awful.

Scary thing is. Mills is injured for how long?

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:30 am

jaffka wrote:i can see progress being made its just that we are in quite a mess and this is no quick fix scenario
'Progress'? We've just thrown away another lead against a team that had taken one whole point from the last 12.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:23 pm

BL3 wrote:
jaffka wrote:i can see progress being made its just that we are in quite a mess and this is no quick fix scenario
'Progress'? We've just thrown away another lead against a team that had taken one whole point from the last 12.
Do you ever speak about anything positive?

Yes we lost our lead.. but we also played some good stuff and fought back from 1 down to lead 2-1. You cant blame Freedman for Eagles missing the penalty which would have meant a 3-1 scoreline or the individual mistakes from Ream. Its amazing how we only see you when there is a chance to have a pop at the manager.

We aren't taking the league by storm but its clear we are slowly improving. We have lost 1 of the last 7 which is no bad thing. We are drawing to many games but its better than losing.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:09 pm

ChrisC wrote:
BL3 wrote:
Do you ever speak about anything positive?

Yes we lost our lead.. but we also played some good stuff and fought back from 1 down to lead 2-1. You cant blame Freedman for Eagles missing the penalty which would have meant a 3-1 scoreline or the individual mistakes from Ream. Its amazing how we only see you when there is a chance to have a pop at the manager.

We aren't taking the league by storm but its clear we are slowly improving. We have lost 1 of the last 7 which is no bad thing. We are drawing to many games but its better than losing.

^^
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:34 pm

Progress under Dougie? I'm less than convinced. However as a club we would be able to measure improved fitness levels to be able to show some sort of progress (even if it isn't on matchdays) that will hopefully transpire to improved results.

OC's win one, lose one, draw one set of results got us about 4 points per every 3 games, but also got the opposition 4 points in the same period. Dougies draw record probably doesn't get us one point off what OC was getting but i'd feel a bit more comfortable in Dougie's potential signings as opposed to the rather ineffective ones that OC brought in.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:09 pm

Mar wrote:Progress under Dougie? I'm less than convinced. However as a club we would be able to measure improved fitness levels to be able to show some sort of progress (even if it isn't on matchdays) that will hopefully transpire to improved results.

OC's win one, lose one, draw one set of results got us about 4 points per every 3 games,
If only!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:11 pm

boltonboris wrote:
jaffka wrote:

What are you basing that on?
My opinion, formed by that under Coyle we had lost 6 and did not seem able to come back from being behind.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:12 pm

BL3 wrote:
Thanks for your opinion.

I think that we are moving in the right direction and will only get better.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:59 pm

Whereas making the one defensive change of bringing Ream on isn't dangerous? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:50 pm

ChrisC wrote:We aren't taking the league by storm but its clear we are slowly improving.
We were 18th when he took over, eight games later, we're still 18th. We're 'improving' so slowly, it's completely imperceptible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:07 pm

BL3 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:We aren't taking the league by storm but its clear we are slowly improving.
We were 18th when he took over, eight games later, we're still 18th. We're 'improving' so slowly, it's completely imperceptible.
Douglas has raised our ppg from 1.1ppg this season under coyle to 1.375ppg

which is a perceptible 0.275 pts per game improvement

over a whole season - that represents 13 extra points

over the season left from when dougie took over - that represents 9 extra points

are you saying that is not a perceptible improvement?

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:50 pm

enrdentw wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:We're going to hear about second-half domination but the facts remain: We scored a soft own goal, missed a penalty and conceeded in the last five minutes again...against Real Huddersfield. Premiership, tremble not.
A point away in this division is always a good one. Granted, disappointing to throw away a 2-1 lead but if we can win our home games and draw our away ones and sneak one or two wins we'll get a playoff place.
No it isn't. If you lose at home and draw away you're fecked.

So to get the negatives out of the way, that's 21 points thrown away from winning positions and we now need 1.96 ppg to reach 75 and the playoffs.

The positives are that for 35 minutes of the second half we looked like a decent Premier League team who just happened to be playing Huddersfield in the cup. We looked levels above. If we had a striker we'd be absolutely lethal.

Overall, if I were confident that we will play like that every week, I'd say "No problem, we were unlucky and we'll make those back somewhere else", but I'm not. If you're going to be shit for large parts of the season, the least you can do is win the games you play well in.