Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
twilight wrote:We have lost out to other clubs before on players, yes even loan ones. Ibe could have been good for us but meh, we move on.
I'm more worried how Freedman looks right now. (In the Brighton review interview). Looks like the pressure is definitely on him.

He looks shocking. Like it is all too much.
Bloody hell, he looks f*cked. Like he's not slept in a week.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Yep.. Right now, we can't find the money to sign players. Next, it'll be pay the players, then the bills..

Pretty fvckin rotten to be honest.
Or pay the electricity bill. Is it me or are the floodlights less bright this season? Or am I just imagining it?
The EU probably banned the brighter light bulbs or summat blah hoboh rant blah...
Get your powerful hoovers in before sept, they're banning them :mrgreen:
No need. We buy what we want here (with a small mortgage) :mrgreen:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:48 pm

twilight wrote:We have lost out to other clubs before on players, yes even loan ones. Ibe could have been good for us but meh, we move on.
I'm more worried how Freedman looks right now. (In the Brighton review interview). Looks like the pressure is definitely on him.
I agree, he doesn't look good. He's always had that pasty look but he looks a wreck which is not good to see, however much I dislike his management.
I really think he'll not be around much longer, he even resorted to blaming the ref after the Boro defeat. This is something he doesn't do on the whole and is one aspect of his management style I approve of.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:50 pm

So McNaughton defo out then.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:54 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
I agree, he doesn't look good. He's always had that pasty look but he looks a wreck which is not good to see, however much I dislike his management.
I really think he'll not be around much longer, he even resorted to blaming the ref after the Boro defeat. This is something he doesn't do on the whole and is one aspect of his management style I approve of.
I always think that when a manager blames the ref they are under pressure and running out of excuses and reasons for poor performances.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

He looks shocking. Like it is all too much.
Bloody hell, he looks f*cked. Like he's not slept in a week.
bloody hell we're f*cked, if that gives any kind of idea as to his pre match motivational

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:25 pm

Two words come to mind. Charles and Kennedy.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:33 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Two words come to mind. Charles and Kennedy.
very good :D - must admit I'd thought Renton out of Trainspotting

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Two words come to mind. Charles and Kennedy.
Incredibly, that's the first person I thought of as well.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:40 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
I don't know where this idea comes from. He has the look of a man who would love to get the boot and the compo but is resigned to slogging it out for the season and taking the inevitable battering.

I don't think the club will sack him unless we get seriously look like going down in Januaryish time (and by that I mean bottom three out of touch not just a chance of it happening).

The club are just bumbling as is along until something happens IMO.

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I don't know where this idea comes from. He has the look of a man who would love to get the boot and the compo but is resigned to slogging it out for the season and taking the inevitable battering.

I don't think the club will sack him unless we get seriously look like going down in Januaryish time (and by that I mean bottom three out of touch not just a chance of it happening).

I agree, which is especially worrying as I have no idea what that "something" is or when it will happen.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: I don't know where this idea comes from. He has the look of a man who....
Could use some help?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Loyal White wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I don't know where this idea comes from. He has the look of a man who would love to get the boot and the compo but is resigned to slogging it out for the season and taking the inevitable battering.

I agree, which is especially worrying as I have no idea what that "something" is or when it will happen.
I think we're sinking back to inevitable lower league football. Barring either an investment of money from somewhere or a production line of youngsters that sell like Southamptons have to allow re-investment and progression.

I'm struggling to see either happening within the next 5 years!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: I don't know where this idea comes from. He has the look of a man who....
Could use some help?
Aye. And if he's as down as he looks it'll hardly help the players.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Could use some help?
He does actually look like someone sleeping on sofas as his missus has kicked him out. ... & sofa's at a place with a pretty poor bathroom.

... & no shampoo.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:54 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Could use some help?
He does actually look like someone sleeping on sofas as his missus has kicked him out. ... & sofa's at a place with a pretty poor bathroom.

... & no shampoo.
but with stuff on tap
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:55 pm

no juke , get scott sinclair.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:09 pm

Scott Sinclair? I'd rather have Clive Sinclair.

No. We need someone younger. Someone who's seen the top-level and knows what it's about, but has lost his way and needs a new challenge. Someone with something to prove.

And there's just the man. Young. Played in the Premier League with Liverpool and Swansea. Currently without a club - needs someone to just take a chance on him and let him show what he can do.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you David Ngog.

Get him signed, Douglas.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:40 pm

darren bent ?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
I don't know where this idea comes from. He has the look of a man who would love to get the boot and the compo but is resigned to slogging it out for the season and taking the inevitable battering.

Id have agreed with you a couple of weeks ago but if things come to a head on August I think they will sack him unless there's a very unlikely upturn in results. You can't bumble for 43 games!