Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:I'd keep Spearing. Eddie's happy to sell and not replace now. Better with than without.
Exactly this. If anyone seriously believes that any money from the sale might see Spearing replaced by someone better, or it even be reinvested in the side, then they should go and give their head a vigorous shake.
I've seen it suggested we sell Spearing to fund sacking Freedman and appointing a new manager. What would you say to that possibility?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:I'd keep Spearing. Eddie's happy to sell and not replace now. Better with than without.
Exactly this. If anyone seriously believes that any money from the sale might see Spearing replaced by someone better, or it even be reinvested in the side, then they should go and give their head a vigorous shake.
I've seen it suggested we sell Spearing to fund sacking Freedman and appointing a new manager. What would you say to that possibility?
If its a lack of cash that's keeping him in the job, then I'm certainly for it, in fact anything that helps get rid of him.

Although I don't actually think anyone will pay a reasonable transfer fee for Spearing....we would probably get £500k at the absolute max

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
You're not actually hoping for an answer here, are you?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
You're not actually hoping for an answer here, are you?
I'll give him one bruce,

If we get Freedmans train fare back to London, I'd sell half the feckin' team!
We wouldn't miss them as we play with six men most games and it ain't the ones we really need :twisted:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:06 am

Modou Barrow, that geezer we had on trial is interesting Swansea, £1.5m.

Rhodes, is wanted by Hull, the six fingers don't want to sell but he now wants out. Remember that bullshit made up last season, where did it come from?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:28 pm

It's looking increasingly like Dougie being given nothing to spend, in anticipation of his demise. At least that way, the new bloke may have some money to spend come January. Roll on the new and improved thread.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:26 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:It's looking increasingly like Dougie being given nothing to spend, in anticipation of his demise. At least that way, the new bloke may have some money to spend come January. Roll on the new and improved thread.
Was that an offer of Bijou's Quality Signings thread? :-)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:20 pm

That would be a different thread. Adam Bogdan, chung yong lee all set to feature...

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:36 pm

The Elks still looking for a club?
Pfffft.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:59 pm

Diouf training with Blackpool.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:54 am

According to the Bolton News we now have to "sell to buy". Good luck with that......

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:59 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:According to the Bolton News we now have to "sell to buy". Good luck with that......
... and, with a week to go in the window, Dougie - who we will recall told us he likes to do his work early - declares we need "2 or 3 new faces up front". He also'explains' that some of the forwards aren't doing the business. That'll be from the ones he bought I guess.

Nope Dougie. There is a solution and it's in your hands.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:13 am

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:According to the Bolton News we now have to "sell to buy". Good luck with that......
... and, with a week to go in the window, Dougie - who we will recall told us he likes to do his work early - declares we need "2 or 3 new faces up front". He also'explains' that some of the forwards aren't doing the business. That'll be from the ones he bought I guess.

Nope Dougie. There is a solution and it's in your hands.
Genuine question Bobo, if a new manager comes in and says "I need new players" do you still say "well tough". And boot him if he doesn't get results with them?

Because if there isn't anything to spend then we're stuck as is. And what if basically barring the odd improvement here or there a new manager makes little difference?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:24 am

↑↑↑ if, by debt and FFP there is no cash then "tough" is the inevitable answer.

But I truly believe he gets nothing from his players and many, many others would. So if you can't change the squad the only other factor to change is the manager. He's lost any ability to motivate the players or the fans. I don't think he even motivates himself any more. Look at him.

... & this is HIS squad. He loudly and proudly boasted about getting rid of the players who "wouldn't learn" from him as he sought to improve them. He has brought in 90% of the failing bunch. Even if money was available why would you trust it to him ?

The only single element of sympathy I have for him is the Juke episode. Otherwise this is all his doing.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:37 am

bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑ if, by debt and FFP there is no cash then "tough" is the inevitable answer.

But I truly believe he gets nothing from his players and many, many others would. So if you can't change the squad the only other factor to change is the manager. He's lost any ability to motivate the players or the fans. I don't think he even motivates himself any more. Look at him.

... & this is HIS squad. He loudly and proudly boasted about getting rid of the players who "wouldn't learn" from him as he sought to improve them. He has brought in 90% of the failing bunch. Even if money was available why would you trust it to him ?

The only single element of sympathy I have for him is the Juke episode. Otherwise this is all his doing.
Which is fair enough. I had exactly the same view of Coyle. And a new manager DID get more out the players for a short while. Then it slipped back.

My worry is that we're just floundering as a club and continually changing managers won't get us out of it. It is a sad state of affairs that we haven't spent a penny on transfers this summer (the incoming wages will be less than the outgoing ones) and cannot afford to bring anyone else in. I understand FFP but think Eddie is probably using it as a front to not spend anything. Which is fair enough but doesn't suggest we're going anywhere fast.

The one thing I'd add is that if he's booted we'd best get someone with real experience. We've tried young managers and it isn't working. We're in a mess and I don't think this is the sort of job someone cutting their teeth in management needs. Get someone who has been there and done it and has that experience to throw back at any dissenting players.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:53 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑ if, by debt and FFP there is no cash then "tough" is the inevitable answer.

Which is fair enough. I had exactly the same view of Coyle. And a new manager DID get more out the players for a short while. Then it slipped back.

My worry is that we're just floundering as a club and continually changing managers won't get us out of it. It is a sad state of affairs that we haven't spent a penny on transfers this summer (the incoming wages will be less than the outgoing ones) and cannot afford to bring anyone else in. I understand FFP but think Eddie is probably using it as a front to not spend anything. Which is fair enough but doesn't suggest we're going anywhere fast.

The one thing I'd add is that if he's booted we'd best get someone with real experience. We've tried young managers and it isn't working. We're in a mess and I don't think this is the sort of job someone cutting their teeth in management needs. Get someone who has been there and done it and has that experience to throw back at any dissenting players.
We have the 5th longest serving boss in our division, which by current ridiculous standards makes us a model of restraint!
I agree about the experienced bit. It's worked for Wolves. I think helps to have a big character to get out of this division. I suspect that man management trumps tactics, whereas the balance is different in the Premier League.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:59 am

An experienced manager like Sean Dyche, sacked by Watford after one midtable season?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:11 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:An experienced manager like Sean Dyche, sacked by Watford after one midtable season?
Well there are always exceptions. I was up for giving someone up-and-coming a chance, but after watching Dougie flounder I'd go for experience.
Dyche was recognised to be doing a good job there, sacked due to change in ownership. He seems to have that no-nonsense persona to get the best out of people by force of personality. We need a dominant type I think, but it's a bit of a lottery really.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:02 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:An experienced manager like Sean Dyche, sacked by Watford after one midtable season?
With respect the job at Burnley is totally different to the one here.

I suspect we are right now, the most difficult club to manage in this division. Possibly alongside Blackburn.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
With respect the job at Burnley is totally different to the one here.

I suspect we are right now, the most difficult club to manage in this division. Possibly alongside Blackburn.
You forgot Leeds.

And Blackpool
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"