The Tykes Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: The Tykes Thread

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:15 pm

BL3 wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:Errr 1 game he's played on the wing not the four you keep harping on about

I can forgive DF for looking at all his options
...and he played him on the wing in the fourth of those games. There might have at least been some logic to 'looking at all his options' in the first of those games but i don't see much logic to fixing something that wasn't broken three games later... against one of the worst teams in the league.

So what do we do then

1. Sack him

2. Support him

Hmm
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Picking flaws on an internet forum isn't always code for "sack him".

I've been critical of aspects of our last 2 home games. Yet, I'm still behind him..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:23 pm

boltonboris wrote:Picking flaws on an internet forum isn't always code for "sack him".

I've been critical of aspects of our last 2 home games. Yet, I'm still behind him..

Well it fvcking feels like it with some that follow BWFC
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:31 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Picking flaws on an internet forum isn't always code for "sack him".

Maybe you're just a bit confused because you're now defending the current manager for doing the same things you criticised the previous manager for.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Your a persistent fvcker i'll give you that

Coyle made the same mistakes for pretty much 3 years

Dougie's had 4 games

If he keeps making the same mistake over and over than by all means slag the fvcker off

So again

1. Sack

2. Support

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:36 pm

BL3 wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:

Maybe you're just a bit confused because you're now defending the current manager for doing the same things you criticised the previous manager for.
I don't remember all the times Coyle played 4-2-3-1 with a structured organised defensive pattern.......I guess it was whilst he was having to work with a £25M wage bill last season......oh.......

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:50 pm

How do I put this?

hmmmm...

one fxckin' all, against Barnsley. At home.

The end of the world is nigh. (apparently).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:22 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
BL3 wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:Errr 1 game he's played on the wing not the four you keep harping on about

...and he played him on the wing in the fourth of those games. There might have at least been some logic to 'looking at all his options' in the first of those games but i don't see much logic to fixing something that wasn't broken three games later... against one of the worst teams in the league.

So what do we do then

1. Sack him

2. Support him

Hmm
3. Support him but not pretend all the problems have gone away?? :conf:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:42 pm

thebish wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
BL3 wrote:

So what do we do then

1. Sack him

2. Support him

Hmm
3. Support him but not pretend all the problems have gone away?? :conf:

Who's pretending

Slow and steady progress

Perhaps people should support Barca not Bolton

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:48 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Perhaps people should support Barca not Bolton
Some people seem to think we played Barca not Barnsley on Saturday...

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Who are they then

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Those that think 'steady progress' is a 1-1 draw at home to a team that had lost the previous four games.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:22 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Who's pretending

Slow and steady progress

I have no interest in barca - see other footie for the fanboys!!

but - it's just stuff like people suggesting we were ideally set up on Saturday - when those same people would have crucified a previous manager for the formation and/or substitutions.

no - i don't want Coyle back, but can't we just say summat like..

it's great to have a new manager - we generally feel more positive - but still be able to say that he made a mistake without everyone instantly saying - "so you'd like Coyle back then, wanker!"

yes - it's early days - FAR too early to know if Freedman will be a success at the club... personally I have written off promotion this season - it's a liberation! BUT - that surely doesn't mean we can't be a bit mystified by some of the decisions Freedman makes - or that we can't be upset that we didn't seem to be even close to being able to beat Barnsley at home...

that's all!! 8)

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:29 pm

BL3 wrote:Those that think 'steady progress' is a 1-1 draw at home to a team that had lost the previous four games.

Oh right so we did't beat free scoring Cardiff then . No

We did't draw with Leicester City

The 2 in form teams in the league, not great teams but defintley an improvement over what Coyle was given us and anyway what makes you think we have the god given right to turn up and steam roll teams eh ?

Remind me who did we get knocked out of the league cup by this season (under the previous nice person)

Like someone said we got threads on here laughing at other teams and there fans when we got people like you who we can laugh at

You seriously need to give your head a shake pal or have a shag or something

Or are you Dan in disguise Hmmmm

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:32 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
BL3 wrote:Those that think 'steady progress' is a 1-1 draw at home to a team that had lost the previous four games.

...and then we drew with a team fourth from bottom. That's not progress is it? That's the exact opposite. It's like teaching the remedial class on here sometimes.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:36 pm

BL3 wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:

...and then we drew with a team fourth from bottom. That's not progress is it? That's the exact opposite. It's like teaching the remedial class on here sometimes.
BL - if you didn't act like such a dick - people might see that you have a point to make and you could contribute to a good-natured discussion...

would it be so hard to wind your neck in a bit and find a bit of humour/modesty/self-awareness??

if not - then why are you hear at all??? if you're not careful people will simply write you off as a WUM...

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:38 pm

To be fair, BL3 makes some good points but get's picked on a bit.

Which he asks for on occasion, but not all the time.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:43 pm

thebish wrote:if you're not careful people will simply write you off as a WUM...
I'll blend in seamlessly on here then.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:44 pm

He he.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:44 pm

thebish wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
Who's pretending

Slow and steady progress

I have no interest in barca - see other footie for the fanboys!!

but - it's just stuff like people suggesting we were ideally set up on Saturday - when those same people would have crucified a previous manager for the formation and/or substitutions.

no - i don't want Coyle back, but can't we just say summat like..

it's great to have a new manager - we generally feel more positive - but still be able to say that he made a mistake without everyone instantly saying - "so you'd like Coyle back then, wanker!"

yes - it's early days - FAR too early to know if Freedman will be a success at the club... personally I have written off promotion this season - it's a liberation! BUT - that surely doesn't mean we can't be a bit mystified by some of the decisions Freedman makes - or that we can't be upset that we didn't seem to be even close to being able to beat Barnsley at home...

that's all!! 8)

I'v watched the highlights , listened to WP , listened to the people who went and i'm pretty sure we had enough chances to win it

Apparently we had loads of shots straight down the keepers throat had eithier one of them flew in we would of won

How the fvck has that anything to do with Freedmans tactics and decisions that's the players fault (you can put it down to anything composure confidence etc)

And by the sounds of it Barnsely did't trouble Bogdan to much (which is an improvement) and was beaten by an excellent strike plus DF has already said he should of been closed down alot sooner

I'm not claiming everything is rosy but as worthy has already posted some stats that has showed we are improving

So as i have said all along "SLOW AND STEADY IMPROVEMENT" is what we should be expecting

Not to suddenly be top of the league after 4 weeks and stuffing every fvcker we play