Seeing as no-one else has. HULL.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Seeing as no-one else has. HULL.

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Nothing rhymes with orange!
Do not tempt me to rhyme orange
I'll weld you to a large steel flange
and then I will try to arrange
to pair up the word "orange"
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:44 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Nothing rhymes with orange!
Do not tempt me to rhyme orange
I'll weld you to a large steel flange
and then I will try to arrange
to pair up the word "orange"
The way I say orange it rhymes with minge so plenty of scope there for the poets among us

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:46 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:1) We played a narrow diamond 4-4-2 with NGog behind Sordell and no real right winger.
As long as you still have width at times, which we did, that's not an issue. The key for us is stability in midfield and having options up front. Whether it's a flat 4 or a narrow diamond, it doesn't really matter. This is working for us at the moment.
BWFC_Insane wrote:2) We played 4-4-2 against Sheff Weds lost, then 4-5-1 the following game against Brum and won. People at the time said (and I think it was Bruce Rioja but I could be wrong) thats our best team and system stick with it. We need to be adaptable. We need to be able to play different systems otherwise a) we're predictable and b) we are stuffed if someone gets injured.
The games Wednesday and Birmingham were months ago, so I'm not sure how relevant they are. We hear every day from Freedman about how we're "getting there" and becoming the team he wants, so our performances months ago are less relevant than recent games.

In recent games, going two up front has worked. The midfield may lack one extra man but, as I said to you a couple of weeks ago, we'd be more structured there, which has been proven right. We are also more threatening going forward.

Predictability isn't really an issue if you're better than everyone else. Barcelona play one style of football and have been the best team in the world for years. They don't change their style and their formation is always the same, even if it means players like Ibra are left out, or players like Fabregas have to switch positions to suit the system. Unpredictability doesn't just work against your opposition, it can work against you, so we'd be much better off finding a system and sticking with it.
I sometimes wonder if we watch the same game!

On Saturday what we did was actually play a narrower midfield that gave more freedom to LCY and Mark Davies to drift, along with NGog and in essence had less of a rigid structure, that created movement going forwards. Essentially we didn't sacrifice a midfield player we sacrificed one of the wide men.

It worked.

It was a long, long, way from a flat and rigid 4-4-2 with two wide players.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your use of the word structure, so perhaps you could define it.

I'm not sure the Barcelona comparison is entirely relevant or helpful. In fact aren't (to an extent) they being criticised for only having one way to play and that costing them against Milan as it did last year against Chelsea? Even ignoring that, Barcelona are far far better (relative to their opposition) than we are to ours. Even if you subscribe to us having "the best squad in the division", even if, I don't think you can make the case that we are that much better than everyone else, to the extent Barcelona are to the majority in their league. That's just madness.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:46 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgS1RFk1cU8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:16 pm

Mauled by the Trotters
Pfffft.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:06 pm

I'm fairly small,
not big like Samson;
would much prefer
to be a damson.

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Post by m_taylor » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:23 am

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0 ... 64,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:07 am

Could be a stream for this as not many games on

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:41 am

jaffka wrote:Could be a stream for this as not many games on