Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:56 am

Things are looking a lot rosier at Bradford than here. He'd be bonkers to jump ship and given what DSB just said, no chance.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:03 am

To be fair, a lot of our (TW's) suggested 'targets' are also under contract. But so is Browny.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:15 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:To be fair, a lot of our (TW's) suggested 'targets' are also under contract. But so is Browny.

Uwe isn't.
Nor Andy Boothroyd.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:31 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:To be fair, a lot of our (TW's) suggested 'targets' are also under contract. But so is Browny.
I'll be extremely surprised if Phil Brown is not our manager next season, the piece with Browny from last nights channel 5 football league show doing the rounds today confirms it for me.

Southend won't want to keep a manager who doesn't want to be there, the speculation has already seriously affected their recent form, they now have very little chance of getting to the play offs & could even end up in the bottom half of the table.

I'm sure we'll reach some compensation agreement with them, and he won't be on huge wages.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:33 am

^^^ Aidy. It's 'Aidy' man. You'll be having Dan back if you aren't careful.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:14 am

But a manager can resign and tear up his contract if wants to end his employment, no?

I am guessing it's not that straight forward?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:38 am

enrdentw wrote:But a manager can resign and tear up his contract if wants to end his employment, no?

I am guessing it's not that straight forward?
Well he CAN. But he'd get the shite sued out of him, as would anyone who then went & employed him.

You know those irritating little things called "conteacts". They're right buggers at times.

When managers get binned but get paid a large amount of money to have their contracts terminated due to their having a notice period .... that works two ways.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:31 am

It's contracts not conteacts! Bloody spell checker.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:35 am

He's lapsing into Welsh again. I do worry about the chap sometimes ;)

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 pm

Has anyone got a link to Browny's "Come get me plea"? Can't find it online anywhere
Pfffft.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:39 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Has anyone got a link to Browny's "Come get me plea"? Can't find it online anywhere
Not quite "Come and get me"; more like "There are good reasons why it might be me".
https://twitter.com/footballon5/status/ ... 9275996160" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:50 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Has anyone got a link to Browny's "Come get me plea"? Can't find it online anywhere
Not quite "Come and get me"; more like "There are good reasons why it might be me".
https://twitter.com/footballon5/status/ ... 9275996160" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gentleman and scholar, TD.

Thanking you kindly
Pfffft.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:16 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
...after he'd spent a good few minutes banging on about his history at the club (and having a passing pop at Gartside).

Not quite in the Watch This Space category but let's just say he made absolutely no attempt to downplay his historical connection to the club - and when (to her credit) Kelly asked him a straight yes-or-no "So, not ruling yourself out?" he did say "No" while chuckling.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:47 pm

That sounded like a pretty unequivocal "no" to me... :-)

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rjs37 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:08 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Interesting to see the replies to that tweet from the Southend supporters.
Quite a few wanting Brown gone for the boring football he plays and a couple of their supporters wanting to bring in Chris Powell instead.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:33 pm

People said that about Allardyce here. Make of that what you will.

Under our current circumstances he might be as good as we can get - given his passion for the club and area, i'd say he'll probably be prepared ti put up with a lot more crap and tighter budget than others of his peers.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:36 am

Rjs37 wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
Quite a few wanting Brown gone for the boring football he plays and a couple of their supporters wanting to bring in Chris Powell instead.
Think it is more a case that they know he is wanting to come here.

As a supporter you want to cut your losses when it is clear the managers heart is elsewhere. Especially when that elsewhere has the managerial position up for grabs.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:40 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Rjs37 wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
Think it is more a case that they know he is wanting to come here.

As a supporter you want to cut your losses when it is clear the managers heart is elsewhere. Especially when that elsewhere has the managerial position up for grabs.
He'd better bring his own sunbed then, most of the establishments in Bolton seem a little, err, dubious.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:59 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
I'll be extremely surprised if Phil Brown is not our manager next season, the piece with Browny from last nights channel 5 football league show doing the rounds today confirms it for me.

Southend won't want to keep a manager who doesn't want to be there, the speculation has already seriously affected their recent form, they now have very little chance of getting to the play offs & could even end up in the bottom half of the table.

I'm sure we'll reach some compensation agreement with them, and he won't be on huge wages.
aye - but do we WANT a manager with that kind of crappy record! :wink:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:44 am

A manager that is easily distracted by overtures from another club and accordingly loses sight of the job in hand, then droping down the league!