Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:10 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:45 pm
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:06 pm
"ever get the feeling you've been had?"
"cheated", Jim. "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated"? ;)
yes, soz :P

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:14 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:28 pm
Ormsons farm is at the end of my street!

I'm sure it's been empty for the best part of a year but I'm nipping up asking to borrow a cup of sugar later!
Mrs G had a nosey on her way past tonight. It's not just empty. It's feckin derelict! Windows smashed, door swinging in the wind, flytipping etc

Fastened to a gatepost is a brand new, locked postbox with the name 'Anwar' on it.

I've no idea what any of this means but I'm sure I'd be happier if our potential new owners had a business address in Canary Wharf instead.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:00 pm
Bassini sorting his act out is far from positive news.
It's not the best possible news, but it's not the worst either. The worst is extinction. The second-worst is keeping Ken.

(FTR, I think Nixon's typo should be an "If Bassini...", but point taken.)
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:14 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:

I'm sure it's been empty for the best part of a year but I'm nipping up asking to borrow a cup of sugar later!
Mrs G had a nosey on her way past tonight. It's not just empty. It's feckin derelict! Windows smashed, door swinging in the wind, flytipping etc

Fastened to a gatepost is a brand new, locked postbox with the name 'Anwar' on it.

I've no idea what any of this means but I'm sure I'd be happier if our potential new owners had a business address in Canary Wharf instead.
Rather than a previous business address in the capital which has been used by tens of thousands of companies...

"Anwar", though? Not Gaspard, Khilji, Naeema or even Shabbir...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:41 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Has to be someone winding up the BN this one doesn’t it!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:43 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:45 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:35 pm
I’m not confusing the two - merely making the point that I think EFL rules cover administration, not liquidation.

There's no point in the rules covering liquidation as there is no club from which to deduct points.
Quite - it’s the bit in between if we don’t contest tomorrow and there is a week whilst liquidators are in play I was musing over...answered above. I didn’t think it would be pretty, not a computer game we can press reset on unfortunately.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:44 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:41 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Has to be someone winding up the BN this one doesn’t it!
Seems to be the legendary tyre-kicker. Not everything Ken says is wrong. Just a frightening slice.
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:44 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:34 pm
"Anwar", though? Not Gaspard, Khilji, Naeema or even Shabbir...
Aye. Odd. The farmer that had owned the place was a white British chap. He did once try to sell his land to some Asian businessmen for an Islamic centre and when that floundered, an Asian chap for a potential golf course. No idea if any of them are linked to your lot above.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:38 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Cheers Harry & Mrs Harry.

Maybe Ken is asking for just 60p to his pound?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:20 pm

I'm only moaning aloud because everybody knows the same things, but if only we knew who to believe and who not. Surely the priority (as a football club) is to get the players and staff paid what money is owed to them? The whole purpose of having contracts of employment is based on legality and not on-going excuses to postpone paying up? Very soon nobody will want to be at the club unless their honesty and validity are proven. It's so xxxxdy frustrating.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:52 pm

I can't get my head around how he'd be better off it was liquidated.

If that happens, it's flog the lot. He's a secured creditor, but I don't know what against, if anything. None of our assets would be going for much anyway because we'd a) have to sell and b) playing staff apart, who on earth would want to buy e.g. the ground other than Wanderers Newco. Plus there may well be other creditors with security on some of the other fairly significant assets (e.g. the car parks).

Not sure that isn't panic-fannying.

I predict we'll get sold, but to another shyster spiv and the cycle restarts. Out of the lying pan into the dire.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:58 am

We are 39th on the list at 10.30 a.m.

Amazing how many "cases" are before the judge today, I suspect many are withdrawn or settled before the hearing. Not ours though I suspect.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:41 am

Loads don't turn up and just get nodded through. Vast majority of these hearings take about 2 mins.

Not ours though I suspect :D.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:34 am

is there any benefit to any new owners or consortia to us being liquidated ?
They will be able to buy a debt free wanderers - but what league would be be playing in ?

This is all too much for a simpleton like me :(
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:38 am

nelson66 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:34 am
is there any benefit to any new owners or consortia to us being liquidated ?
They will be able to buy a debt free wanderers - but what league would be be playing in ?

This is all too much for a simpleton like me :(
Benefit is that it's debt-free.
Drawback is that it would be a phoenix club and therefore playing in non-league.

Liquidation is not merely some sort of Admin 2.0: it's the business closing.

What usually happens is that it takes seven days to effect the demolition. If we're playing with that, it's a very very very dangerous tactic indeed.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:48 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:52 pm

If that happens, it's flog the lot. He's a secured creditor, but I don't know what against, if anything. None of our assets would be going for much anyway because we'd a) have to sell and b) playing staff apart, who on earth would want to buy e.g. the ground other than Wanderers Newco. Plus there may well be other creditors with security on some of the other fairly significant assets (e.g. the car parks).

I predict we'll get sold, but to another shyster spiv and the cycle restarts. Out of the lying pan into the dire.
I can write a lot more on this, but essentially if KA liquidates he benefits from BWFC to the tune of £26m, if he adjourns and we are sold £5m-£20m, likely £18m-£20m. There are other factors and complications, lets hope the potential of intense adverse media heat forces him down the route of adjournment...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:51 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:48 am
Prufrock wrote:

I can write a lot more on this, but essentially if KA liquidates he benefits from BWFC to the tune of £26m, if he adjourns and we are sold £5m-£20m, likely £18m-£20m. There are other factors and complications, lets hope the potential of intense adverse media heat forces him down the route of adjournment...
Sorry but every expert I've asked says absolutely nothing like that. At all.

Your sale figures are also way, way out of line. Like seriously nonsensical.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:57 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:51 am
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Not sure who your "experts" are, but those numbers aren't off the top of my head.

It isn't sale figures. It is all the money KA has made from the club and will make from the club...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:00 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:57 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Not sure who your "experts" are, but those numbers aren't off the top of my head.

It isn't sale figures. It is all the money KA has made from the club and will make from the club...
If that includes any previous creaming, then for the sake of answering the question we need to focus on what happens right now, today, in the next hour.

I don't have the figures but I don't believe liquidation is anything like as remunerative – comparative to a takeover – as you think. I share your distrust of the owner and I'm worried as to how much he thinks he can squeeze out of the deal, though.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:00 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

I think you're going to have to show your working.....

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:02 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:00 am
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

I think you're going to have to show your working.....
Coming up :)