Doomsday: Stoke away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Day of Destiny/Doomsday: Stoke away

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat May 12, 2012 11:26 pm

adamworthy2002 wrote:
Salford Trotter wrote:
wanderers_on_tour wrote:How does everyone think we'll line up for this? Same side as Spurs/West Brom or the 4-5-1 against Swansea with Eagles behind the main striker (probably Kev) and perhaps Lee on the right instead of Ryo?
I guess it depends on the "injuries" to Steinsson, Mavies, Pratley and NRC but if they're all fit
i'd go with
Bogdan
Steinsson Knight Ream Ricketts
NRC Mavies
Lee Pratley Petrov
Davies
I don't think we'll see Pratley again this season.
I could be wrong though
You're probably right but if he doesn't figure tomorrow then it'll be 4 4 2 with Ngog and Davies up front
The Voice Of Reason

si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: at my pc except on match days when i,m watching the whites

Post by si2008 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Everybody let's you down at some point in life, that's a reality. Football clubs are no different.

Sometimes as a football fan you forget all the hurt and pain, all the misery over the last twelve months. You forget the players who failed, the silly decisions, crazy tactics, limitations of your full backs, the midfield that can't pass, the strikers who are scared to shoot. You forget the cold December days when you're 3-0 down at half time, the flat beer and the stale pies. You erase from your memory the failings of your team, club and even town.

Now is one of those rare times. All logic and gut feels go out the window and for 1 day, 90 minutes you believe. Believe like you've never believed before. We can do it, we must do it, we WILL do it.

To the few thousand brave souls travelling down tomorrow we are brothers. We are an army. We are BWFC and we will be there come what may the season after. But we will make sure that tomorrow we will be victorious and next season will be in the top fight.

The Bolton Wanderers family, fans players management, has struggled to come together as one many times over the past 5 years. I'm 100 percent confident that tomorrow that will not be the case. Everyone will do everything in their power for us to succeed, because they must and because ultimately Bolton Wanderers will never let you down no matter what it does.

Forget what has happened this season, forget history, forget logic, forget even common sense.

Tomorrow we shall be one and we shall prevail.

So for the last time this season.....

COYW!!!!!!

Amen Brother !!!!!

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:28 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:
adamworthy2002 wrote:
Salford Trotter wrote:
wanderers_on_tour wrote:How does everyone think we'll line up for this? Same side as Spurs/West Brom or the 4-5-1 against Swansea with Eagles behind the main striker (probably Kev) and perhaps Lee on the right instead of Ryo?
I guess it depends on the "injuries" to Steinsson, Mavies, Pratley and NRC but if they're all fit
i'd go with
Bogdan
Steinsson Knight Ream Ricketts
NRC Mavies
Lee Pratley Petrov
Davies
I don't think we'll see Pratley again this season.
I could be wrong though
You're probably right but if he doesn't figure tomorrow then it'll be 4 4 2 with Ngog and Davies up front
We need a finisher tomorrow, I'd start Klasnic instead of N'Gog.


si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by si2008 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:32 pm

will sordell get a game tomorrow..if scores are still 0-0 and qpr are losing,,,,? nothing to lose putting him on as extra striker if we need that goal .would we go for broke and take off a defender or midfield ?

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:33 pm

si2008 wrote:will sordell get a game tomorrow..if scores are still 0-0 and qpr are losing,,,,? nothing to lose putting him on as extra striker if we need that goal .would we go for broke and take off a defender or midfield ?
I doubt it, we've needed a goal so many times this season and he's not brought him on.


si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by si2008 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:36 pm

adamworthy2002 wrote:
si2008 wrote:will sordell get a game tomorrow..if scores are still 0-0 and qpr are losing,,,,? nothing to lose putting him on as extra striker if we need that goal .would we go for broke and take off a defender or midfield ?
I doubt it, we've needed a goal so many times this season and he's not brought him on.

agree with what you have said ,,,,,,,but tomorrow is different game...could be the game he has to put him on

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:37 pm

si2008 wrote:
adamworthy2002 wrote:

agree with what you have said ,,,,,,,but tomorrow is different game...could be the game he has to put him on
I'd have played him a long time ago but I don't think Coyle wants to make any changes to the side even though it's not working how it is.


CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat May 12, 2012 11:42 pm

si2008 wrote:
adamworthy2002 wrote:

Can't see him throwing Sordell on at all unless Klasnic is injured & unable to play. Not sure I want him to either.
Businesswoman of the year.

si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by si2008 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:43 pm

adamworthy2002 wrote:
si2008 wrote:
adamworthy2002 wrote:

I'd have played him a long time ago but I don't think Coyle wants to make any changes to the side even though it's not working how it is.[/quote

well he might have no choice tomorrow ,,,if scores are 0-0 and we need a goal...why did the feck we buy him if he dont play him or give the lad a chance

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat May 12, 2012 11:44 pm

These last 12 months are the unluckiest I have ever witnessed the Wanderers have.

If it truly evens itself out over a season we'll win 25 nil, with Bogdan scoring a perfect double hat-trick... Head, left, right, arse, cock and bollocks. SKD will stick the nut on Pulis, SJM style, giving it "thats for 2 years of your shithouse mate", with the ref awarding us a penalty for the sheer twatishness of that cap. And another two for his mate. Mark Davies, in a late bid to make the Olympics team, will use Peter Crouch as a javelin, whilst the half-time entertainment will involve Stuart Holden putting out cigartettes on Johnny Evans knackersack, who has been lent to us specifically for the purpose. News will filter through from the COMS that QPR have imploded. Literally. To a man. The FA then deducting them 3 points for fielding an incomplete team. At the final whistle, Johann Elmander appears in front of the away end showering the crowd with fifties and begging forgiveness for only turning up 1-in-5.

Want to know how I know all this? Fabrice met Lofty in those 78 minutes, who told him it wasn't his time yet, because he had this premonition to deliver. Its taken him til now to confide in me, so if you're the betting type lump on....

Forget all the petty squabbling shite, we deserve this.

COYFWM
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 12, 2012 11:46 pm

Nex vel palma Vir ut a vir nos venit nos vidit nos vicit

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sun May 13, 2012 12:25 am

Pratley trained this week so I imagine he'll be in the squad in some capacity. Isn't Steinssons a thigh injury? Sure I read on physio room he was out fer good few weeks.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun May 13, 2012 12:33 am

wanderers_on_tour wrote:Pratley trained this week so I imagine he'll be in the squad in some capacity. Isn't Steinssons a thigh injury? Sure I read on physio room he was out fer good few weeks.
I'd heard he'd been in training so i'd expect him to start in a 4 5 1 with Boyata starting at RB if Gretar is still out. I just can't see Coyle going gun ho early on but I think Lee will start to add something different to what we've offered up front recently
The Voice Of Reason

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun May 13, 2012 12:35 am

If Pratley's fit I'd put him alongside Reo-Coker, although that is an entire midfield that is basically injured.

As was the case last week though, we can discuss it all day, Mike Bassett will be playing 4-4-fecking-2. Still yet to grasp that being more attacking doesn't make you more likely to win games, just less likely to draw them. Or, if you concede goals at twice the rate you score them, lose.

Still, I'll be optimistic and say we'll do it regardless.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 13, 2012 12:35 am

Today's BN has Steinnsson out ill (that tonsolitis thing again), Mark Davies doubtful and NRC uncertain. Might just be mind games but it seemed straight enough. I reckon,

Bogdan,
Whackit, Slashit, Hoofit, Throwit.
Lee, Eagles,Tuncay,Petrov
N'gog.
i
i
i
i
i
SKD.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun May 13, 2012 12:38 am

who's the ref?
The Voice Of Reason

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 13, 2012 12:42 am

Salford Trotter wrote:who's the ref?
Pierluigi Collina. :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun May 13, 2012 12:55 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
I wish...just don't tell me our fate is in Clattenberg's hands
The Voice Of Reason

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun May 13, 2012 1:07 am

It's Mr C Foy
The Voice Of Reason

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun May 13, 2012 1:12 am

Salford Trotter wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
I wish...just don't tell me our fate is in Clattenberg's hands
I'm sure i read somewhere that it will be Phil Dowd.