Huddersfield Away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Huddersfield Away

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:34 pm

Just watched the highlights. Mark Davies did well for both goals. Tim Ream wants setting on fire or something down Euxton this week. He's Coyles Gerald Cid.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:49 am

Don't remember Cid costing us points at the same relentless frequency as Ream. And Tim's doing it at a level lower. For £2m I'd have to say its amongst the worst but of business at the club in years.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:30 am

No, we were sensible enough to bin cid after 6 months...though i recall him having a reasonable game at munich.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:46 am

Ream played pretty well at Villa

Heads gone

Like Bogdans went

Coyle really wasn't very good at looking after his players
Sto ut Serviam

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:54 am

thebish wrote:
BL3 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:We aren't taking the league by storm but its clear we are slowly improving.
We were 18th when he took over, eight games later, we're still 18th. We're 'improving' so slowly, it's completely imperceptible.
Douglas has raised our ppg from 1.1ppg this season under coyle to 1.375ppg

which is a perceptible 0.275 pts per game improvement

over a whole season - that represents 13 extra points

over the season left from when dougie took over - that represents 9 extra points

are you saying that is not a perceptible improvement?
Can I wade in? please, pretty please.
It might be perceptible from a purely mathematical ppg perspective, but 1.1ppg saw us sliding down the table, whereas 1.375ppg sees us treading water at a steady 18th position - not quite falling into the relegation battle, nowhere near in the play-off fight yet - so, if we are to perceive a slow improvement, that improvement is glacial in the extreme. So glacial that I feel I'm in another ice-age. I don't want ice, I want some warmth, I want to bask in the glow of achievement, I want wins, more than one, on the trot, home and away, proper steady upward progress.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:00 am

Have you seen us play recently?

Fcuk the ppg - despite there being an improvement - just watch the performances

Tell me it's not improving and I'll tell you to watch netball or something

Hull, Burnley, Millwall - absolute fcuking shambles

Not bad

Not disappointing

A shambles

We've still a way to go, but at least the ship is turning
Sto ut Serviam

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:06 am

Acttually no I haven't seen us play recently, missed the last three (or is it four) matches. My point is we were on a slippery slope downhill and we are now treading water - which is an improvement - but not a good enough improvement because we are not on a relentless upward curve like... (like, come on think of an analogy), like a rocket outta Gaza.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:40 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Acttually no I haven't seen us play recently, missed the last three (or is it four) matches. My point is we were on a slippery slope downhill and we are now treading water - which is an improvement - but not a good enough improvement because we are not on a relentless upward curve like... (like, come on think of an analogy), like a rocket outta Gaza.
not really sure I like your Gaza rocket analogy - not as something to hope for - as they nearly always come crashing to earth missing their target completely...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:43 am

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Acttually no I haven't seen us play recently, missed the last three (or is it four) matches. My point is we were on a slippery slope downhill and we are now treading water - which is an improvement - but not a good enough improvement because we are not on a relentless upward curve like... (like, come on think of an analogy), like a rocket outta Gaza.
not really sure I like your Gaza rocket analogy - not as something to hope for - as they nearly always come crashing to earth missing their target completely...
Yeah, I was struggling with that one. What a pish analogy, how about we are not on a relentless upward curve like Apollo 11 being urged on by Patrick Moore. I like that better.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:50 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Yeah, I was struggling with that one. What a pish analogy, how about we are not on a relentless upward curve like Apollo 11 being urged on by Patrick Moore. I like that better.
how about using the great glass elevator from the chocolate factory?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:57 am

We were on a slippery slope downhill and we are now treading water - which is an improvement - but not a good enough improvement because we are not on a relentless upward curve like Charlie in the Great Glass Elevator.
whooooooooooooooooooooooosh
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:10 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:We were on a slippery slope downhill and we are now treading water...
that's a confusing mixed metaphor at best!

was there a lake at the bottom of the hill?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:18 am

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:We were on a slippery slope downhill and we are now treading water...

The Lake of Despair, which Mick 'Mick' McCarthy has dragged Ipswich out of, choking and gasping, and is now trying to crawl his way back up the slippery slope to the foot of the Glass Elevator which awaits the chosen manager like the proper Charlie he might be!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:29 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:

The Lake of Despair, which Mick 'Mick' McCarthy has dragged Ipswich out of, choking and gasping, and is now trying to crawl his way back up the slippery slope to the foot of the Glass Elevator which awaits the chosen manager like the proper Charlie he might be!
so.. being in the lake at the bottom is WORSE than sliding down the slope - if it is UP the slope that you want to be?

with your analogy - treading water in the lake is a worse place to be than sliding down the slope...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:34 am

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:

so.. being in the lake at the bottom is WORSE than sliding down the slope - if it is UP the slope that you want to be?

with your analogy - treading water in the lake is a worse place to be than sliding down the slope...
Well, no, because they were drowning in the lake, and we're treading water, but we aren't a fizzy rocket or have a proper Charlie, and to tell you the truth I no longer have a clue what I was going on about. :hang:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:10 pm

ChrisC wrote:We have lost 1 of the last 7 which is no bad thing.
We've also only won one of the last seven, which is a pity. As noted, we've dropped 21 points from leading positions, which is the most in the division; had we held on to those leads we'd be top. Shame, but at least by most accounts we played well at Huddersfield, which makes it two decent away performances on the belt. Could it be that away games might suit us more than home games, as they did when we were last in this division under the similar-in-some-ways Allardyce?

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Post by m_taylor » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:01 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
ChrisC wrote:We have lost 1 of the last 7 which is no bad thing.
We've also only won one of the last seven, which is a pity. As noted, we've dropped 21 points from leading positions, which is the most in the division; had we held on to those leads we'd be top. Shame, but at least by most accounts we played well at Huddersfield, which makes it two decent away performances on the belt. Could it be that away games might suit us more than home games, as they did when we were last in this division under the similar-in-some-ways Allardyce?
I think this is because we struggle when teams sit in there own half and we have to break them down. In away matches its down the home team to press which allows a bit of space for us to exploit.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Well the beer was ok but for fcks sake why can't they cover the back of the away stand. Freezing. Bastards.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:36 pm

You just got back?

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:05 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Fcuk the ppg - despite there being an improvement - just watch the performances

We've still a way to go, but at least the ship is turning
Fcuk the performances, it's points that count, we're almost halfway through the season.

The ship isn't turning, it's dropped anchor.