Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by thebish » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:45 am

Enoch wrote:A manager that is easily distracted by overtures from another club and accordingly loses sight of the job in hand, then droping down the league!
yay!!! sign him up!! :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:51 am

Candidate tracker:

Keith Hill's Rochdale moved up to 8th in League One with a 2-1 win at Peterborough.

Phil Brown’s Southend drew 2-2 with Fleetwood - coming from 1-0 down but conceding a 90th-minute equaliser. They’re now 11th.

John Sheridan's Oldham jumped out of the drop zone with a 1-0 win over play-off zoners Walsall. Having been a point off the bottom when he arrived on 13th Jan, Latics are now 18th; since his appointment they have the division’s seventh-best points haul.

Phil Parkinson’s Bradford beat Swindon 1-0 to go 3rd, six points behind second-placed Burton with five games left.

Justin Edinburgh's Gillingham drew 0-0 at Sheffield United and dropped to 5th; six points clear of 7th place and eight behind 2nd.

Chris Wilder's Northampton confirmed promotion from League Two despite being pegged back from 2-0 up at home to Bristol Rovers. (For the record, the 2-2 draw allowed Accrington Stanley top nip past the Pirates into the third automatic promotion slot. It’s the first time this season that Accy have been so high, but with five games left – four of them very winnable, the other against a Wycombe team who might be then have given up on the play-offs – they may just be timing their run to perfection. Another local derby?)

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rjs37 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:11 am

Apparently the search has begun:
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... as-started" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"There has been plenty of interest in the vacant Bolton job"
That fills me with confidence....and over 50 applications too.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:19 am

"We have had over 50 applications, which shows just in how much high regard our club is held. That list has been whittled down to single figures and our process of interviewing the candidates is already well under way."
Interesting - interviewing out-of-work managers (eg Rosler, Chris Powell)

"We also have a number of key relationships and agreements in place with teams in the top flight with an eye on what we can possibly do in the loan market."
More kids! Better kids! Foreign kids!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:23 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:"We have had over 50 applications, which shows just in how much high regard our club is held. That list has been whittled down to single figures and our process of interviewing the candidates is already well under way."
Interesting - interviewing out-of-work managers (eg Rosler, Chris Powell)

"We also have a number of key relationships and agreements in place with teams in the top flight with an eye on what we can possibly do in the loan market."
More kids! Better kids! Foreign kids!
I doubt Mr Anderson will be loaning anyone from Southampton any time soon.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Do these 50 applicants include the cranks such as Ken from Tonge Moor whose glittering career includes taking charge of the Starkie Steamboaters?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:42 pm

Clubs always have loads of applications for managerial positions. No doubt Ian Dowie has applied. And Emma Davies.....etc.....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Do these 50 applicants include the cranks such as Ken from Tonge Moor whose glittering career includes taking charge of the Starkie Steamboaters?
I heard they'd had an application from some bloke that used to train Daisy Hill U11's... :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:58 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Do these 50 applicants include the cranks such as Ken from Tonge Moor whose glittering career includes taking charge of the Starkie Steamboaters?
I heard they'd had an application from some bloke that used to train Daisy Hill U11's... :-)
He'd do no worse than Jimmy Pip. ;)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:22 pm

Steve McClaren, Garry Monk, Tim Sherwood, James Beattie, John Carver, Ian Baraclough, Micky Adams, Greg Strong, Brian Deane, Peter Taylor, Ian Crook, Neil Adams, Steve McMahon, Topny Adams, Mark Wright, Neil Redfearn (ha!), Steve Cotterill, Gary Bowyer, Chris Powell, Ian Holloway, Steve Watson, Dave Jones, Glenn Roeder, Mark Robins, Andy Kilner, Martin Ling, John Gregory, Chris Kiwomya, Gary Megson, Dougie Freedman, Andy Ritchie, Nigel Spackman, Ronnie Moore, Chris Turner, Richard Money, Russ Wilcox, Terry Butcher, Colin Cooper, Ronnie Jepson, Brian Laws, Peter Jackson, Mike Newell, Andy Scott, Gary Peters, and that’s just among jobless English ex-managers

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:41 pm

Jeez, I spent 10 minutes trying to get it to fit in "We didn't start the fire", in that order, before reading the last few words...

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Clubs always have loads of applications for managerial positions. No doubt Ian Dowie has applied. And Emma Davies.....etc.....
I saw Mr Dowie at Brashaw Cricket Club Beer Festival yesterday afternoon. He seemed in good spirits.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:21 pm

malcd1 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Clubs always have loads of applications for managerial positions. No doubt Ian Dowie has applied. And Emma Davies.....etc.....
I saw Mr Dowie at Brashaw Cricket Club Beer Festival yesterday afternoon. He seemed in good spirits.
I'd have wandered down and had a pint with you, Malc, had I known you were going. :drink:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:54 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Steve McClaren, Garry Monk, Tim Sherwood, James Beattie, John Carver, Ian Baraclough, Micky Adams, Greg Strong, Brian Deane, Peter Taylor, Ian Crook, Neil Adams, Steve McMahon, Topny Adams, Mark Wright, Neil Redfearn (ha!), Steve Cotterill, Gary Bowyer, Chris Powell, Ian Holloway, Steve Watson, Dave Jones, Glenn Roeder, Mark Robins, Andy Kilner, Martin Ling, John Gregory, Chris Kiwomya, Gary Megson, Dougie Freedman, Andy Ritchie, Nigel Spackman, Ronnie Moore, Chris Turner, Richard Money, Russ Wilcox, Terry Butcher, Colin Cooper, Ronnie Jepson, Brian Laws, Peter Jackson, Mike Newell, Andy Scott, Gary Peters, and that’s just among jobless English ex-managers
There's a few in there I wouldn't be fussed by and would make as much sense as Appleton and Freedman did the time before last. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but Holloway has a pretty decent record compared to many of the alternatives.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Steve McClaren, Garry Monk, Tim Sherwood, James Beattie, John Carver, Ian Baraclough, Micky Adams, Greg Strong, Brian Deane, Peter Taylor, Ian Crook, Neil Adams, Steve McMahon, Topny Adams, Mark Wright, Neil Redfearn (ha!), Steve Cotterill, Gary Bowyer, Chris Powell, Ian Holloway, Steve Watson, Dave Jones, Glenn Roeder, Mark Robins, Andy Kilner, Martin Ling, John Gregory, Chris Kiwomya, Gary Megson, Dougie Freedman, Andy Ritchie, Nigel Spackman, Ronnie Moore, Chris Turner, Richard Money, Russ Wilcox, Terry Butcher, Colin Cooper, Ronnie Jepson, Brian Laws, Peter Jackson, Mike Newell, Andy Scott, Gary Peters, and that’s just among jobless English ex-managers
There's a few in there I wouldn't be fussed by and would make as much sense as Appleton and Freedman did the time before last. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but Holloway has a pretty decent record compared to many of the alternatives.
Ughhhhh. Think his time has passed personally. And not sure I'd like to listen to his slightly mental ramblings post match every week.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:12 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Smokin'?
Worthy4England wrote:Jeez, I spent 10 minutes trying to get it to fit in "We didn't start the fire", in that order
:lol:
Last edited by Enoch on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:14 pm

^^ like I said, not everyone's cup of tea but I'd fancy him to at least keep us up next season.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:33 pm

I saw Roy Walker at Preston railway station this evening. There's every chance he had a ticket for Horwich Parkway and a meeting with the board.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:40 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
I saw Roy Walker at Preston railway station this evening. There's every chance he had a ticket for Horwich Parkway and a meeting with the board.
Say what you see!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:45 pm

Enoch wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:
Say what you see!
He's good, but he's not great.