If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:46 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:Football is a bewildering, staggering mess. Two Bolton players are currently on loan at our divisional rivals who in the grand scheme of things could play their way in relegating us.

Stop the bus...
If Trotter starts ripping up tree trunks somewhere else, what would that say about our setup?

My thoughts exactly.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:52 pm

He won't
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:58 pm

bobo the clown wrote:He won't
20,007 wasn't much to write home about.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:00 pm

Enoch wrote:
You're postings are getting more gnostic by the second... What does that mean??? :conf:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:51 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
You're postings are getting more gnostic by the second... What does that mean??? :conf:
I don't know - Mr Wentworth told me to come and say that there was trouble at the mill .....

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:29 am

Apparently we have completed the loan signing of midfielder Luke Brattan from MCFC

Never heard of him...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:34 am

Odd one, this. He's not a kid: he's a six-foot 25-year-old. Although born in Hull, he's been called up to (but not capped by) the Australia squad and has been clubless since leaving Brisbane Roar in May. City have signed him – why in God's name is beyond me – and immediately sent him out on loan to us. Like as in, they signed him today. On a four-year deal.

Weird.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:35 am

Well he played for Brisbane Roar over here in the A-League. Don't watch a whole lot so can't rate him for you guys, but there was plenty of media attention when he was signed by City a couple of months ago. Most of thought he'd get loaned straight back to Melbourne City but good to see him trying his luck in Europe. Hope he brings something to the table!
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Odd one, this. He's not a kid: he's a six-foot 25-year-old. Although born in Hull, he's been called up to (but not capped by) the Australia squad and has been clubless since leaving Brisbane Roar in May. City have signed him – why in God's name is beyond me – and immediately sent him out on loan to us. Like as in, they signed him today. On a four-year deal.

Weird.
It was in the papers a couple of months ago so I assumed he had already signed. I guess it was official but for the paperwork.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:39 am

Seems he left because Brisbane couldn't afford what they owed him, and the fans were miffed.
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/roar ... VqhrfXdS2A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When they played Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers liked him.
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/brat ... NVbEu1dS2A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Playmaker and anchor, says this brief description (scroll down a bit)
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/features/ ... 0RuHfvdS2A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So: another deep midfielder, to play alongside Vela, Pratley, Danns, Spearing and Medo...

Happens
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Happens » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:39 am

Think its about time i registered and stopped just reading; although it was made a bit more difficult as i had to answer 'Who painted Burnden Park' - Process of elimination!

Anyhow; I presume City signed him to do with the so many English players rule... Scored a nice goal to win his league the other year, great passing player, but then again we need goal scorers.... May help to replace Mavies.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:39 am

Odd one! Maybe he's the next Stuart Holden.

Though his surname is suspiciously similar to a certain Daniel Braaten's, and he probably plays like him too, knowing our luck.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:40 am

Happens wrote:Think its about time i registered and stopped just reading; although it was made a bit more difficult as i had to answer 'Who painted Burnden Park' - Process of elimination!

Anyhow; I presume City signed him to do with the so many English players rule... Scored a nice goal to win his league the other year, great passing player, but then again we need goal scorers.... May help to replace Mavies.
Your first ever post and you're thinking of getting rid of our best player?? Not cool!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:41 am

Vertigo wrote:Well he played for Brisbane Roar over here in the A-League. Don't watch a whole lot so can't rate him for you guys, but there was plenty of media attention when he was signed by City a couple of months ago. Most of thought he'd get loaned straight back to Melbourne City but good to see him trying his luck in Europe. Hope he brings something to the table!
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Odd one, this. He's not a kid: he's a six-foot 25-year-old. Although born in Hull, he's been called up to (but not capped by) the Australia squad and has been clubless since leaving Brisbane Roar in May. City have signed him – why in God's name is beyond me – and immediately sent him out on loan to us. Like as in, they signed him today. On a four-year deal.

Weird.
It was in the papers a couple of months ago so I assumed he had already signed. I guess it was official but for the paperwork.
Cheers, mate. Yeah, first Brattan-to-City mention I've found in a quick search was late last month, but it might have taken that long to sort out his finances, perhaps.

Very odd all round, though. Unless they think they could sell him for, I dunno, £2m or so to help with FFP. Four-year contract!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:41 am

Jugs wrote:
Happens wrote:Think its about time i registered and stopped just reading; although it was made a bit more difficult as i had to answer 'Who painted Burnden Park' - Process of elimination!

Your first ever post and you're thinking of getting rid of our best player?? Not cool!
I reckon Happens (welcome along) might be thinking more injury than sale.

Happens
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Happens » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:42 am

Jugs wrote:

No mate, I love the lad; Im on about he has just got injured, has he not?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:42 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Jugs wrote:

I reckon Happens (welcome along) might be thinking more injury than sale.
I know. Bants and all that :P

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:42 am

Happens wrote:
Jugs wrote:

Yup, though are you trying to say that he's out for months?? Are you here to frighten me? Not cool!

:P

Happens
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Happens » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:43 am

Jugs wrote:
Happens wrote:
Jugs wrote:

Yup, though are you trying to say that he's out for months?? Are you here to frighten me? Not cool!

:P
8-10 Weeks i thought I heard, although that could of been for one of the other 9 injurys.... haha; our luck.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:47 am

Christ, really? I was hoping for a few days. Hmm.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:52 am

He could be a good un by the sounds of it

And TBH he can't be any worse than Danns, so for me NL can throw him straight in at Preston