If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:04 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
twilight wrote:Soooo......according to "The Oracle"- Heskey could be on the way out, as he's been offered a coaching job. Could release a few pennies? Maybe? Hopefully
Oh lets hope so.
is he allowed to? is he not under some kind of contract to us?? presumably we should be compensated for his early departure...
Well I'm happy to chip in for the useless c*nt to feck off!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:22 pm

I would hope he wasn't on much anyway!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:00 pm

Resident jokers HITC website reporting that we are one of six Championship clubs in for Real Madrid wunderkind Martin Odegaard (16 year old who signed for them and then subsequently can't get a game)
Pfffft.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:53 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Resident jokers HITC website reporting that we are one of six Championship clubs in for Real Madrid wunderkind Martin Odegaard (16 year old who signed for them and then subsequently can't get a game)
What, we still believe that signing any one player will change things? Silva was going to do that, so was Madine, so was
( insert name of half a dozen others) etc. We've got Bratten lined up ready to be our salvation...but he isn't quite up to speed. Heskey, ( if gossip is to be believed) who was going to do it, now seems to be looking where the door is. Gee, if only we could pick a team out of what we've got where they are all fit and available.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:35 am

Odegaard does need to be nurtured somewhere and I'm guessing being kicked about for 90 minutes a week of Championship football isn't quite what Real Madrid have in mind. Look what other teams did to Clough as soon as they recognised he had talent.

Nevertheless, if I'm wrong and they're going Championship surely Karanka at Boro will get him?
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:07 am

What I want to know is where is all the Scottish talent? Why hasn't Lennon got a phone contact list full of ugly ginger kilt wearing Strachan lookalikes who instead of whittling their bagpipe chanters and drones with their skean dhus have set out south from Sauchiehall Street clutching their Buckfast Tonics hitching a straight line to the Macron to find their fame and fortune?
The only hint of Scottishness amongst Lennon's incomers is Dobbie's birth certificate, but even he's been south of the border since 2009. Amos, Madine, Osede, Ceberio, Lussey, Wilson, Gouano, Silva, Pisano, Casado, Rachubka, Ameobi, Brattan - not a Scot in sight and none have played the beautiful game in either the Highlands or the Lowlands.
We've been done up like a Loch Ness kipper.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:31 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:What I want to know is where is all the Scottish talent?
Strachan tried that at Boro. Failed dismally. I suspect NL would love to get yer Hoopers and Commonses but we're in the reject aisle sizing up Twardziks.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:33 am

Aye, and Freedman and Coyle both raided their old clubs and "contacts" and got chastised for it.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:42 am

Jugs wrote:Aye, and Freedman and Coyle both raided their old clubs and "contacts" and got chastised for it.
I wasn't expecting him to import you're Celticos. But having intimate knowledge of a foreign league I would have thought gave you an advantage in targeting up and coming talent from that pool. It is possible of course that he did 'scout' around and he's concluded long since that the youngsters signed for the likes of Ross County are shit. but I'm still disappointed we didn't get any benefit out of this potential advantage that he brought with him from the far distant shores of Alba.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:51 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:Aye, and Freedman and Coyle both raided their old clubs and "contacts" and got chastised for it.
I wasn't expecting him to import you're Celticos. But having intimate knowledge of a foreign league I would have thought gave you an advantage in targeting up and coming talent from that pool. It is possible of course that he did 'scout' around and he's concluded long since that the youngsters signed for the likes of Ross County are shit. but I'm still disappointed we didn't get any benefit out of this potential advantage that he brought with him from the far distant shores of Alba.
Didn't Wigan pinch James McCarthy from Hamilton? There is some talent out there, but we'd probably get lumbered with another Wylde or Twardzick.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:06 pm

Jugs wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Didn't Wigan pinch James McCarthy from Hamilton? There is some talent out there, but we'd probably get lumbered with another Wylde or Twardzick.
A pinch at just over £1million.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:18 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Jugs wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
A pinch at just over £1million.
Aye, quite pricey. I doubt we can pluck talent from Scotland under anyone's noses with our finances :(

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:02 pm

McCarthy was very hotly-tipped. Made his professional debut at 15. Was "linked with" a lot of top clubs but he did well to pick Wigan (Premier League but he'd play), and Wigan did well to get him (sold at a £12m profit).

On Saturday, the commentator reminded us that we haven't spent a transfer fee in two years.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:55 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:McCarthy was very hotly-tipped. Made his professional debut at 15. Was "linked with" a lot of top clubs but he did well to pick Wigan (Premier League but he'd play), and Wigan did well to get him (sold at a £12m profit).

On Saturday, the commentator reminded us that we haven't spent a transfer fee in two years.
Who would have have been, Craig Davies?

On the flip side we have received a fair few transfer fees (all undisclosed): Ream, Baptiste, Kellett, Odelusi, Sordell, Bolger, Chung-Yong...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:McCarthy was very hotly-tipped. Made his professional debut at 15. Was "linked with" a lot of top clubs but he did well to pick Wigan (Premier League but he'd play), and Wigan did well to get him (sold at a £12m profit).

On the flip side we have received a fair few transfer fees (all undisclosed): Ream, Baptiste, Kellett, Odelusi, Sordell, Bolger, Chung-Yong...
Who although limited was twice the player in comparison to our current attacking duds....Madine, Heskey & Ameobi

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:07 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:

Who although limited was twice the player in comparison to our current attacking duds....Madine, Heskey & Ameobi
Just a wee bit soon to be calling Ameobi a dud, is it not?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:

Just a wee bit soon to be calling Ameobi a dud, is it not?
Oi, I was just about to say that.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:02 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:On Saturday, the commentator reminded us that we haven't spent a transfer fee in two years.
Wiki has it as Max Clayton, Sep 2014. Which contradicts the commentator, who may have been thinking of Jay Spearing. But we don't know the full terms of the (presumably staged) Clayton fee; BBC Radio Stoke claimed Crewe "could receive a fee of around £300,000", but I imagine that's performance-based.

We also paid a small fee - maybe three days of Matt Mills' wages - for Woolery.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:19 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34656668" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ho Hum....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:38 pm

Bugger.

This is why clubs try to sell youth players to lower teams, even for buttons as long as there's a sell-on percentage that might get future reward. Trouble is I can't recall it ever working for us except possibly David Norris, was it?

(And to be fair a 5ft11in forward who'd only scored 3 goals in 34 games across 3 loan spells hardly smacked of the Maryhill Messi.)