Time to go

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Should we get rid of Owen Coyle?

Yes
38%
No
48%
Maybe
14%

Total votes: 146

Heat666
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Time to go

Post by Heat666 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:07 am

Could it not just be that we generally don't have the quality of players through out the team. I know we have "some" good players, albeit two of the best are injured, and the stopper will soon be gone (If he hasn't already left in his head). I appreciate that the promoted teams such as Norwich and Swansea were expected across media to struggle and go back down. However, it hasn't been the case as yet, and we have lost to both of them. Could it be that we have the second worst squad in the league? (Wigan being the worst).
Check out my House mixes too: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD3aHG ... SZ6kZOHjtQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:49 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: The exact same argument would have applied to Megson!
is there no thread that doesn't lead BWFCi to a Megson defense????

HE'S GONE!!!! HE'S NOT COMING BACK!!!!!!! deal with it!
The point was entirely relevant.

An argument was made as to why we should keep Coyle.

The exact same argument could have been made for when Megson was sacked.

I don't like double standards is all. It was right to sack Megson at the time I said so.

You know that of course.........

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:55 am

Bringing M*gson into a discussion is the Godwin's Law of this forum.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:57 am

Sponge wrote:Bringing M*gson into a discussion is the Godwin's Law of this forum.
:pray:
Businesswoman of the year.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:22 am

I think the Nuremberg defence* has been superceded by the Megson defence*. Nowt do with me guv.

*Or defense if you prefer bish.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:42 pm

BL3 wrote:
FaninOz wrote:
BL3 wrote:
FaninOz wrote:Its easy to manage a team on the up but much more difficult, as he is finding out, to manage a team on the down.
We were 'on the down' when he took over weren't we? He managed to keep us up didn't he?
And look where we are now, back in the bottom two!!
...and he managed to keep us up last time didn't he?
I'm struggling for the point you are making here. 'Last time' we were 14th in the league the previous season having eventually climbed there from the lower echelons. We got to 18 points from 18 games and I think were 3rd bottom, when 'Last time' ended and 'This time' began.

This time, we finished 14th in the league (which doesn't look anymore like 'on a down to me'), with a team that was top 8 until just about the last kick of the season. We now have 6 points from 10 games.

I will happily acknowledge that he's had much less to spend than 'Last time' and that losing our most expensive signing for nowt hasn't helped. If he could just set us up to look a little better than an 8 year old's kick-around in a playground, I'd be much more sympathetic. But he doesn't, so I'm not.

He managed to keep us up 'last time' because he was a change to 'last time'. This time he doesn't have that advantage..

'Next time' is knocking at the door.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:45 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BL3 wrote:
FaninOz wrote:
BL3 wrote:
FaninOz wrote:Its easy to manage a team on the up but much more difficult, as he is finding out, to manage a team on the down.
We were 'on the down' when he took over weren't we? He managed to keep us up didn't he?
And look where we are now, back in the bottom two!!
...and he managed to keep us up last time didn't he?
I'm struggling for the point you are making here. 'Last time' we were 14th in the league the previous season having eventually climbed there from the lower echelons. We got to 18 points from 18 games and I think were 3rd bottom, when 'Last time' ended and 'This time' began.

This time, we finished 14th in the league (which doesn't look anymore like 'on a down to me'), with a team that was top 8 until just about the last kick of the season. We now have 6 points from 10 games.

I will happily acknowledge that he's had much less to spend than 'Last time' and that losing our most expensive signing for nowt hasn't helped. If he could just set us up to look a little better than an 8 year old's kick-around in a playground, I'd be much more sympathetic. But he doesn't, so I'm not.

He managed to keep us up 'last time' because he was a change to 'last time'. This time he doesn't have that advantage..

'Next time' is knocking at the door.

Well that was confusing.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:00 pm

I guess it doesn't take much then. :-)

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Been away from the forums for a while, kinda surprised to come back and see this thread.

What are we now, Newcastle fans?

We're about to go up against the side that devastated us mentally, and if we manage to beat them, it could be season defining.

But beyond that, who the fecking feck is out there that we could get managing us at the moment?

We're having a shitty, shitty time. But so were Newcastle, who got relegated and came back up and are now comfortably 3rd.

It's a funny old game, as some old c*nt once said.
Last edited by Choppers on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Choppers wrote:It's a funny old game, as some old c*nt once said.
Wisdom 8)

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:35 pm

I mean, are people forgetting that we're missing our two best players (by a country mile) AND the replacement for Steinsson (who everyone hates now)?

Take away the two best players from any team and they struggle, do it to a team that has no money and a thin-average squad, and it's obvious what will happen.

The biggest bollock Coyle has dropped imho, remains the sale of Al Habsi and Taylor, but it isn't his fault our best players are injured. (That said, I have no idea why he bothered with Kakuta either).

Even Ricketts would be a better left back, but again - he's injured.

When he (finally) realises that Muamba is a vital player for us defensively, we might actually start stopping teams scoring. That said, I think Fabrice must be dicking Owen's wife to be ignored and cast aside like this.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Choppers wrote:Been away from the forums for a while, kinda surprised to come back and see this thread.
Why are you surprised?
Have you been away from our results, our performances, our team selection charades, laughable defending and most specifically the league table for a while too?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:15 pm

I want Coyle to stay.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

I don't like double standards is all. It was right to sack Megson at the time I said so.

You have been banging on for god knows how many pages, apparently readying your bed sheets, but come vote time when you had a chance to put you money where you mouth is you backed out and voted maybe?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:57 am

Mar wrote:I want Coyle to stay.
Get a fookin grip man.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:33 am

Also been away from here for a while and surprised at the venom being aimed at OC.

I've seen a few of our games this season, but I haven't seen those against Norwich, Wigan, Sunderland and Swansea, which I think are the crucial ones in terms of judging our team over the start of this season. So I have to listen to some of the knowledgeable and respected guys here, and it appears bad.

My view from what I have seen is that our defence consistently concedes soft goals, our midfield is probably the worst in the league, partly becasue we only have two players in there, and partly becasue whichever of those two he picks, theyre not good premier league midfielders. During our good spells last season, which was most of the first two thirds of it, Holden was the difference between our midfield getting totally overrun, and just about holding their own. Up front it appears SKD is declining and Ngog needs a lot of chances before he scores. So we have fundamental problems in all areas of the team. And this is now Coyle's team so it is clear he has made mistakes.

That said, I think it is far too soon to be clamouring for his departure. However bad things are now, imo we must get behind him and let him try and sort out the issues. He is a great motivational manager, he clearly still has a lot to learn tactically, but he works hard, is passionate about the club, and imo will develop and learn from this. We will quickly become a laughing stock if Coyle out chants ring around the ground given our public show of abuse towards Megson. And as has been said the alternatives arent too appealing. It's going to be a struggle, but at this moment I feel we have more chance with Coyle than with another manager.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:33 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
Choppers wrote:Been away from the forums for a while, kinda surprised to come back and see this thread.
Why are you surprised?
Have you been away from our results, our performances, our team selection charades, laughable defending and most specifically the league table for a while too?
No, I've felt shit every weekend like everyone else.

Doesn't mean I've somehow lost my marbles and suddenly decided we can sign Mourinho as our new manager.

There's noone out there worth disrupting everything even further to sign, just to sack Coyle.

He's not even had a full season.

Sure, his team selection and tactical naivety (imho he's scared shitless to pack a 4-5-1 midfield with defensive players, for fear of getting the Megson haters on his back for doing the same thing he did) has been poor, but some of the blame has to lie with the players. Letting the amount of goals in that we do is, yeah, a matter of behind the scenes training - but also some professional pride.

I've seen Davies (Kevin) drag his arse around like it doesn't matter, and he's not the only one. It's about time that the players rewarded Owen's kindness and started playing like professional footballers again. We might even get a few wins if they do.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:50 am

Choppers wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
Why are you surprised?
No, I've felt shit every weekend like everyone else.

Doesn't mean I've somehow lost my marbles and suddenly decided we can sign Mourinho as our new manager.

There's noone out there worth disrupting everything even further to sign, just to sack Coyle.

He's not even had a full season.

Sure, his team selection and tactical naivety (imho he's scared shitless to pack a 4-5-1 midfield with defensive players, for fear of getting the Megson haters on his back for doing the same thing he did) has been poor, but some of the blame has to lie with the players. Letting the amount of goals in that we do is, yeah, a matter of behind the scenes training - but also some professional pride.

I've seen Davies (Kevin) drag his arse around like it doesn't matter, and he's not the only one. It's about time that the players rewarded Owen's kindness and started playing like professional footballers again. We might even get a few wins if they do.
OC had a full season last season. He joined us the season before.

Where I'm getting confused, is at what point did OC get a record of Premier League management that we can't afford to lose because at the minute, I'm just not seeing it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:00 pm

jaffka wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

You have been banging on for god knows how many pages, apparently readying your bed sheets, but come vote time when you had a chance to put you money where you mouth is you backed out and voted maybe?
Because it's never as easy as saying definitively is it? Gartside et al have to look at who they can get if they did get rid.

Only any point if we could get someone to give us a chance. I believe we could but that's an opinion not fact.

Hence the maybe!

Still unhappy with results, performances and decisions.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:33 pm

With the way that the Wolves v Wigan game is going we could be well and truely bottom the table tonight. Rodallega missed an absolute sitter, maybe miss of the season, but they are still 1-1 and marginally the better of two poor teams. They could easily win the game and if we don't win we become the strongest team in the league holding all the rest up!!
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED