Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:47 pm

paddypower45 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
paddypower45 wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
James B wrote:palace fans still on here crying about it? get over it.
It's only been a few days!

And most of them seem philosophical/puzzled about it...

A bit like most of us really.

I'm concerned that we have appointed someone who wouldn't have been in the running 2 months ago, but am happy to hope for the best.
im sure we would get plenty of bolton fans on our forum puzzled and disapointed if the boot was on the other foot

try having some humility like all of the bolton fans on here mate

your not the same james who had his remarks removed from the bbc website yesterday were you?

:wink:
But as you've all told us, he's not very good. So its no great loss to you, and you're bound to be able to appoint a much better manager what with you being 4th and all?

So whats the problem?
there isnt a problem....
hes not very good thats right
but it wont stop us posting comments on what we think.. didnt you have opinions and questions when allerdyce went to west ham?

hes doing well for himself and i hope dougie does at bolton

yes we are 4th in the league and there are better managers out there a much as i dont like to admit it my personal choice would be karl robinson fantastic manager plenty of experience and doing very well with limited resourses at mk dons.. :wink:
Allardyce left us for Newcastle. And to my knowledge nobody from this board started posting on the Newcastle one.

Its not that we mind you posting, its good to hear other fans opinions. Its just that you're thing seems to be "he's rubbish anyway" alternating with "he should have stayed with us".

I can kind of get the anger, and all, but really you don't know how good he may be or not be anymore than we do.

Bolton fans in general seem relatively ok with his appointment. There wasn't a great choice out there, we've gone the risky route but that is the owners perogative.

He'll get plenty of time to prove himself here one way or the other.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Allardyce left us for Newcastle. And to my knowledge nobody from this board started posting on the Newcastle one.
I'd be very surprised if nobody from this forum posted on a Newcastle forum at that time.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:55 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Allardyce left us for Newcastle. And to my knowledge nobody from this board started posting on the Newcastle one.
I'd be very surprised if nobody from this forum posted on a Newcastle forum at that time.
Maybe......

C'mon spill, did you do some Geordie baiting?

Its like badger baiting, they're even black and white........

:lol:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
Maybe......
maybe what?? maybe I'd be very surprised? no - definitely I'd be very surprised!

paddypower45
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by paddypower45 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:01 pm

we all thought he was punching above his weight last seaon and to be honest if he got sacked we would have understood it a bit clearer but to jump ship when theres an oportunity of pushing on further just shows a lack of experience and vision on freedmans part but if he sees bolton as the best option good luck to him still think he wasnt all that as a manager tho.. as a player he is a legend thats from a palace fan whos supported them for over 35 years or so there are better managers out there such as karl robinson who was touted before we got freedman in

how long can bolton stay out of the premiership before they snuggle back in to being a championship side for years to come, i dont think freedmans got a magic wand to get them up or all that much time to do so before the vultures start to circle,

time will tell i suppose :wink:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:05 pm

Not sure on what you're basing this Karl Robinson obsession on?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:07 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Not sure on what you're basing this Karl Robinson obsession on?
I do. It's a common phrase and has the words "out arse of talking his" but re-arranged into some sort of special order........

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:07 pm

I threw in a double preposition, i was that mystified...

paddypower45
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by paddypower45 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:23 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Not sure on what you're basing this Karl Robinson obsession on?
i live in mk .... fantastic manager has been very LOYAL to mk dons for many years now got offered many jobs from bigger teams
and stayed (doubt we would get him as hes so LOYAL)
thats what im basing my support for him on..

its not all about premiership/championship managers all the time.. but being ex premiership mabey youve taken your eyes of the prize a bit fella :wink:

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:27 pm

paddypower45 wrote:we all thought he was punching above his weight last seaon and to be honest if he got sacked we would have understood it a bit clearer but to jump ship when theres an oportunity of pushing on further just shows a lack of experience and vision on freedmans part but if he sees bolton as the best option good luck to him still think he wasnt all that as a manager tho.. as a player he is a legend thats from a palace fan whos supported them for over 35 years or so there are better managers out there such as karl robinson who was touted before we got freedman in

how long can bolton stay out of the premiership before they snuggle back in to being a championship side for years to come, i dont think freedmans got a magic wand to get them up or all that much time to do so before the vultures start to circle,

Of course he saw Bolton as the best option. Bolton IS the best option. Duh! :wink:

paddypower45
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by paddypower45 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:28 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
paddypower45 wrote:we all thought he was punching above his weight last seaon and to be honest if he got sacked we would have understood it a bit clearer but to jump ship when theres an oportunity of pushing on further just shows a lack of experience and vision on freedmans part but if he sees bolton as the best option good luck to him still think he wasnt all that as a manager tho.. as a player he is a legend thats from a palace fan whos supported them for over 35 years or so there are better managers out there such as karl robinson who was touted before we got freedman in

Of course he saw Bolton as the best option. Bolton IS the best option. Duh! :wink:

lol :lol:

paddypower45
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by paddypower45 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I do. It's a common phrase and has the words "out arse of talking his" but re-arranged into some sort of special order........
im actually his boyfriend..... :oops:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:43 pm

I hope you get him, so I can hammer him for being disloyal and taking a sideways step etc..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:44 pm

boltonboris wrote:I hope you get him, so I can hammer him for being disloyal and taking a sideways step etc..
and then if it comes out that he did it for a bit of extra money, well....

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:45 pm

Then he's a greedy bastard, too.

Saying that. You can tell by the blokes gut, that he's greedy! For an ex pro he's a fat fecker
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Robinson has managed MK Dons for two years. Hardly stands him out as "super loyal" does it?

And he's taken them to the league one play-offs twice and lost twice at the semi final stage.

My god what have we missed out on? :roll:

Eagle in peace
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eagle in peace » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Robinson has managed MK Dons for two years. Hardly stands him out as "super loyal" does it?

And he's taken them to the league one play-offs twice and lost twice at the semi final stage.

Why do you make reference to loyalty with Robinson? The Palace poster said he wanted him as manager, but he made no comment as to this. As for the second sentence, you could say that this is more success than DF has currently shown.

I don't think you have missed out on Robinson and I am not convinced of him either.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Eagle in peace wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Robinson has managed MK Dons for two years. Hardly stands him out as "super loyal" does it?

Why do you make reference to loyalty with Robinson? The Palace poster said he wanted him as manager, but he made no comment as to this. As for the second sentence, you could say that this is more success than DF has currently shown.

I don't think you have missed out on Robinson and I am not convinced of him either.
He/she said they wanted him cos he'd been very loyal to MK Dons despite getting offers to manage elsewhere.

And that he/she didn't think he'd come because he was "so loyal" to MK Dons........

Eagle in peace
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eagle in peace » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Apols, didn't read closely enough!

paddypower45
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by paddypower45 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:10 pm

mmmmm.... i wonder 8)

http://www.skybet.com/football/specials ... r-specials" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;