FA Cup 2012/2013 - Third Round.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: FA Cup 2012/2013 - Third Round.

Post by 89bwfc89 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:52 pm

DJBlu wrote:Has Sordell come out and said he doesn't want to be here? Is it paper talk or is it a perceived opinion of a few on here.

He ran his socks off, scored and tailed off when he tired, rightly subbed. This kid has an eye for goal and given game time would probably help get us the goals we desperately need.

As for Lonergan, had he not made those 3 top notch saves we would not be having the replay.
You saw a completely different Sordell to the one I did then.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:52 pm

Think we should still give Sordell a league appearance or two if hes unhappy because he might actually work to impress other clubs. As it is at the minute he's probably on course to rot in the reserves on the wage bill until his contract expires and he goes off to play league 1 football instead of fulfilling this potential that is often spoken of.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:56 pm

Jez wrote:Think we should still give Sordell a league appearance or two if hes unhappy because he might actually work to impress other clubs. As it is at the minute he's probably on course to rot in the reserves on the wage bill until his contract expires and he goes off to play league 1 football instead of fulfilling this potential that is often spoken of.
I was hoping this is what he'd do today. Yeah he got a goal, but his heart wasn't in it for most of the match.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:58 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
Jez wrote:Think we should still give Sordell a league appearance or two if hes unhappy because he might actually work to impress other clubs. As it is at the minute he's probably on course to rot in the reserves on the wage bill until his contract expires and he goes off to play league 1 football instead of fulfilling this potential that is often spoken of.
I was hoping this is what he'd do today. Yeah he got a goal, but his heart wasn't in it for most of the match.
Does he look like Klasnic? I.e. not always that bothered but talented enough to poach himself up the scoring tables? I guess klasnic was one of the best finishers we've ever had though

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:01 pm

Jez wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:
Does he look like Klasnic? I.e. not always that bothered but talented enough to poach himself up the scoring tables? I guess klasnic was one of the best finishers we've ever had though
No he does not look like Klasnic. Klasnic came alive around the box. Sordell wouldn't have come alive today with 500 volts running through him. I've no doubt he could go somewhere else and score goals. But he doesn't look like he wants to do it here.

Feck him.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:04 pm

DJBlu wrote:Has Sordell come out and said he doesn't want to be here? Is it paper talk or is it a perceived opinion of a few on here.

He ran his socks off, scored and tailed off when he tired, rightly subbed. This kid has an eye for goal and given game time would probably help get us the goals we desperately need.

As for Lonergan, had he not made those 3 top notch saves we would not be having the replay.
Of course he hasn't!! If this forum relied on quotes and facts or such like we'd have nothing substantial to moan about!! :evil:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:06 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:

Of course he hasn't!! If this forum relied on quotes and facts or such like we'd have nothing substantial to moan about!! :evil:
Really? Only, I seem to recall our very own manager commenting on Sordell's homesick blues. :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:08 pm

So Sordell hasn't come out and said he doesn't want to be here then ;) ?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Prufrock wrote:So Sordell hasn't come out and said he doesn't want to be here then ;) ?
No. Freedman's psychic, clearly!
May the bridges I burn light your way

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:26 pm

madmarx wrote:Good luck today. It will be a shite affair and a narrow win either way, We are generally shite, very tired at present, have a squad smaller than can be tolerated in the top flight and cattermole , Oshea and Brown are all out . That being said if we start to move it around you might get hammered because in the brief moments we have played with confidence the quick break play has been very aggressive and Fletch is clinical . Our potential to give soft goals away ( which would have been more apparent if Mignolete wasn't so good) has not deserted us though, so anything could happen really .

Hope to Christ its not a draw, couldn't stand a cold Tuesday looking at 50 of you lot. :wink:

All the best , happy new year and i hope your season picks up .
we only named 6 subs.

we gifted you at least one

Enjoy your "opportunity" to come to the stadium of light :oops: :oops: ( sorry about that , Benno can be a dafty) Hope we have 5 more bodies in by then but we won't .

I have to say mind 12,000 ( 5000 of them us) was disgraceful, i know its just after xmas , i know were not the biggest draw but frigging hell lads, 7000 of you :shock: There is no excuse for that, what crowds would you get if you dropped another division ? ( not wishing it on you ) you would disappear.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:30 pm

madmarx wrote: we only named 6 subs.

Enjoy your "opportunity" to come to the stadium of light :oops: :oops: ( sorry about that , Benno can be a dafty) Hope we have 5 more bodies in by then but we won't .

I have to say mind 12,000 ( 5000 of them us) was disgraceful, i know its just after xmas , i know were not the biggest draw but frigging hell lads, 7000 of you :shock: There is no excuse for that, what crowds would you get if you dropped another division ? ( not wishing it on you ) you would disappear.
Come on. Thought you weren't one of the cock-waving ones :roll:

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Oh Christ, don't start this again. Go through the history books and you'll see that for some reason our fans very rarely turn out for cup games, even for League Cup semi finals in recent years.

Would piss my sides if there are only about 15,000 at the replay though.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:32 pm

madmarx wrote:
madmarx wrote:Good luck today. It will be a shite affair and a narrow win either way, We are generally shite, very tired at present, have a squad smaller than can be tolerated in the top flight and cattermole , Oshea and Brown are all out . That being said if we start to move it around you might get hammered because in the brief moments we have played with confidence the quick break play has been very aggressive and Fletch is clinical . Our potential to give soft goals away ( which would have been more apparent if Mignolete wasn't so good) has not deserted us though, so anything could happen really .

Hope to Christ its not a draw, couldn't stand a cold Tuesday looking at 50 of you lot. :wink:

we only named 6 subs.

Yawn. 7,000 is about half the average home attendance this season. I reckon that they'll only be about 50% of Sunderland regulars at the replay, say around 20,000?
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:33 pm

Titus Bramble must start again please pretty please.

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:52 pm

scotty wrote:
madmarx wrote:

we only named 6 subs.

Yawn. 7,000 is about half the average home attendance this season. I reckon that they'll only be about 50% of Sunderland regulars at the replay, say around 20,000?
Youre probably right , but it will be midweek not a weekend ( our catchment area extends to the Durham Dales and beyond , its a bad drive in especially after you have just driven home) , the 20,000 will be all Sunderland ( you certainly wont be adding 5k) ) and it will be to watch lower league opposition . If this game had been at SOL it would have been about 27-30k i reckon

I'm not bigging us up or saying were bigger than you or anything , it just honestly surprised me that a team that was in the Prem 1 year ago would only get 7000 home support. I thought your core support was larger
Last edited by madmarx on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:53 pm

DJBlu wrote:Titus Bramble must start again please pretty please.
He probably will , he's all we have got standing :(

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:56 pm

I'm sure there was only 16,000 on the gate when we played a cup game at yours a few years ago
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:58 pm

madmarx wrote:7000 of you There is no excuse for that, what crowds would you get if you dropped another division ?
There's plenty of excuses for it. Rightly or wrongly, no one gives a shite about cup competitions any more, you've only got to look at some of the attendances today to see that.

The early rounds of the F.A. Cup are nothing more than a platform for some lower league clubs to have their day in the spotlight. Oldham took 3,000 to Forest today. That's almost as many as attend their league games.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:59 pm

madmarx wrote:

we only named 6 subs.

We'd have only got that crowd for the identical game even if we were still in the premiership.

You have a massive massive almost uncontested catchment area. We don't.

You still cant fill your ground in the premiership despite that.

Your club is not a big draw to get people out for a 3rd round cup tie.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:03 pm

madmarx wrote:it just honestly surprised me that a team that was in the Prem 1 year ago would only get 7000 home support. I thought your core support was larger
It is larger. Unless you think that we get 7,000 for league games.