Davies & Cahill in the England Squad

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Devon White wrote:Superb news about SKD, well deserved, outstanding professional, i think he will play and give his usual 100%. Full of pride for him and him belonging to our club.
he'll get 7mins at the end and get sent off for two yellows.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:49 pm

thebish wrote:
Devon White wrote:Superb news about SKD, well deserved, outstanding professional, i think he will play and give his usual 100%. Full of pride for him and him belonging to our club.
Think as long as he gets a cap, he'll be delighted. :-)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:

I hardly dare dream - but how fecking fantastic would it be if he scored!!!

(that said - of course - just for DSB - I shall whine in advance that he won't even leave the bench!)

jimmy gallego
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jimmy gallego » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:15 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:

(that said - of course - just for DSB - I shall whine in advance that he won't even leave the bench!)
what does DSB mean? i feel so ignorant in this stange world.
jimmy gallego

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:13 pm

jimmy gallego wrote:
thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:

what does DSB mean? i feel so ignorant in this stange world.

that'd be Dave Sutton's Barnet - another poster on the forum...

he often-times gently teases us for whining that KD gets overlooked - and then when he does get into the squad we whine that he doesn't make the bench - and when he does make the bench - we will whine that he didn't actually get on the pitch... 8)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:19 pm

is he a bolton fan?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:21 am

jaffka wrote:is he a bolton fan?
So he claims, but he lives down south....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:20 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
jaffka wrote:is he a bolton fan?
So he claims, but he lives down south....
Ahem....... :evil:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:37 am

Nasty cough you got there, Gary

:)

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:10 pm

Rooney will start.

Which sums up Englands problem really. He'll start despite being sh*t since Easter, and being sh*t for England for a few years now.

I hope SKD gets a run out, but he'll opt for Rooney/Bent.
Troll and proud of it.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 pm

as wrote:Rooney will start.

Which sums up Englands problem really. He'll start despite being sh*t since Easter, and being sh*t for England for a few years now.

I'd say Looney and Lanky more like

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Hoboh wrote:

talking about rooney.... (from ye Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml
Federico Macheda will have some explaining to do when he gets back to Manchester United after labelling Wayne Rooney a chav while on international duty.

The promising Italian lauded his Old Trafford team-mate for his skills and advice, but indiscreetly described him a 'coatto' in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport.

The term means working class and vulgar, with the closest colloquial translation being 'chav'.

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:53 pm

thebish wrote:
talking about rooney.... (from ye Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml
Federico Macheda will have some explaining to do when he gets back to Manchester United after labelling Wayne Rooney a chav while on international duty.

The promising Italian lauded his Old Trafford team-mate for his skills and advice, but indiscreetly described him a 'coatto' in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport.

The term means working class and vulgar, with the closest colloquial translation being 'chav'.

Interesting, I wonder how many upper-class footballers there are?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:54 pm

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

:lmfao:

Suddenly Macheda goes up in my estimation.

Lets face it, the definition of the term "working class and vulgar" has Rooney down to a tee. He should face no recrimination for speaking the absolute truth.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:54 pm

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Sherk'll 'ave him for that

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:01 pm

RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:
thebish wrote:

Interesting, I wonder how many upper-class footballers there are?
First thing that came to my head.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Gianluca Vialli springs to mind.

And the Egyptian lad.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Bit closer to home. Sam Ricketts? He's one of the horsey set dontcha know.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Care to name how many players scored more goals in World Cup qualifying games? Clue: There's only two in the world – and one plays for Fiji, scoring five in one game against Tuvalu.

Mind, you did say a few posts before that Davies wouldn't make the squad, so it's not been a great thread for you, as.

Anyway, well done to Kevin Davies. He might not make it to the pitch, he might not even make it to the bench, but Capello's selection is interestingly thoughtful and certainly explodes the half-cocked mealy-mouthed shoulder-chipped theories that Bolton players don't get considered.

Outwith the town boundaries, obviously the call-up will be moaned about by people who don't know football, but not by people who understand tactics (and therefore know that Capello's system needs a forward pivot) or people who study statistics (and therefore know that Kevin Davies created more goalscoring chances last season than any other Premier League striker).
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:57 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

Care to name how many players scored more goals in World Cup qualifying games? Clue: There's only two in the world – and one plays for Fiji, scoring five in one game against Tuvalu.

Mind, you did say a few posts before that Davies wouldn't make the squad, so it's not been a great thread for you, as.

Anyway, well done to Kevin Davies. He might not make it to the pitch, he might not even make it to the bench, but Capello's selection is interestingly thoughtful and certainly explodes the half-cocked mealy-mouthed shoulder-chipped theories that Bolton players don't get considered.

Outwith the town boundaries, obviously the call-up will be moaned about by people who don't know football, but not by people who understand tactics (and therefore know that Capello's system needs a forward pivot) or people who study statistics (and therefore know that [ur=http://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/26360683152l]Kevin Davies created more goalscoring chances last season than any other Premier League striker[/url]).
Aye, because qualifying goals are what it's all about. And his total goals in international tournaments......?

As for Davies not being picked, I'm glad I'm not a betting man, I'd have 'bet my mortgage' on it :oops:
Troll and proud of it.