Political Correctness

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:26 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:'Gameplay Improvement Measures'
Gameplay Improvement Measure Participants or G.I.M.P.s for short.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:27 pm

ok - let me try to enter into what this thread might be about....

I believe a "sub" is a sandwich nowadays - I ask you - imagine a sandwich coming on for the last 20 minutes of the game - the world's gone mad! (bloody interfering euro pc-brigade) :twisted:

Randy Watson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Randy Watson » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:31 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
Randy Watson wrote:When a few jars have been sunk I like to sneak in a bit of P(in)C when shouting stuff.

Nothing too offensive, for example: When a player is underperforming and the majority of fans are bellowing "GET HIM OFF" I like to replace "Get" with "Suck" for a little bit of personal amusement!

Oh how I giggle!
i do that, "LICK HIM OUT" is a good un, also "FINGER HIM"
Another one would be after a particularly rash challenge on one of our players, our fans would be calling for the referee to "BOOK HIM" (in reference to the opposition) and I simply scream "BUM HIM" Or even "FOOK HIM". Both work well!
Give a hand to my band… Sexual Chocolate

They play so fine don't you agree!

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:03 pm

My substitutes are called substitutes. The children who are substitutes are seven. The players that start are seven. They don't really feel like failures. Their parents don't think they're failures. And that's because I've constantly told children and parents that there's no pressure from me to get results, because they're seven, and that being offended at being substitute is disrespectful to those who are currently on the pitch, and who the substitutes will be joining later on in the game.

Works for me, and I get a decent balance of achievement and educational value from competitive sports.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:26 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:My substitutes are called substitutes. The children who are substitutes are seven. The players that start are seven. They don't really feel like failures. Their parents don't think they're failures. And that's because I've constantly told children and parents that there's no pressure from me to get results, because they're seven, and that being offended at being substitute is disrespectful to those who are currently on the pitch, and who the substitutes will be joining later on in the game.

Works for me, and I get a decent balance of achievement and educational value from competitive sports.
I think you're missing the "humour" of this thread every bit as much as that there thebish is! 8)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:35 pm

Randy Watson wrote:
Randy Watson wrote:When a few jars have been sunk I like to sneak in a bit of P(in)C when shouting stuff.

Nothing too offensive, for example: When a player is underperforming and the majority of fans are bellowing "GET HIM OFF" I like to replace "Get" with "Suck" for a little bit of personal amusement!

Oh how I giggle!
Another one would be after a particularly rash challenge on one of our players, our fans would be calling for the referee to "BOOK HIM" (in reference to the opposition) and I simply scream "BUM HIM" Or even "FOOK HIM". Both work well!
Not related to this thread, but on these lines, when somebody holds a door open for me, instead of saying 'Cheers', I like to say 'Jizz'. Never once been caught. They sound the same. How I laugh.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Randy Watson wrote:

Oh how I giggle!
Not related to this thread, but on these lines, when somebody holds a door open for me, instead of saying 'Cheers', I like to say 'Jizz'. Never once been caught. They sound the same. How I laugh.
really? I say "queers" - chortle!

Randy Watson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Randy Watson » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:44 pm

thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Randy Watson wrote:

Oh how I giggle!
Touché
Give a hand to my band… Sexual Chocolate

They play so fine don't you agree!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:50 pm

Prufrock wrote: Not related to this thread, but on these lines, when somebody holds a door open for me, instead of saying 'Cheers', I like to say 'Jizz'. Never once been caught. They sound the same. How I laugh.
hang on.... people hold the door open for you?? you're a woman???? :shock:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:30 pm

thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote: Not related to this thread, but on these lines, when somebody holds a door open for me, instead of saying 'Cheers', I like to say 'Jizz'. Never once been caught. They sound the same. How I laugh.
Nope, just civilised ;)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:37 pm

Prufrock wrote:
thebish wrote:
Nope, just civilised ;)
As proven by your "Jizz" remark. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Oops, typo, I meant 'jus'.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:04 pm

thebish wrote:
KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:My substitutes are called substitutes. The children who are substitutes are seven. The players that start are seven. They don't really feel like failures. Their parents don't think they're failures. And that's because I've constantly told children and parents that there's no pressure from me to get results, because they're seven, and that being offended at being substitute is disrespectful to those who are currently on the pitch, and who the substitutes will be joining later on in the game.

I think you're missing the "humour" of this thread every bit as much as that there thebish is! 8)
Nah, I got the humour. Just thought this anecdotal evidence of fighting this aspect of political correctness had a place here.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:40 pm

Randy Watson wrote:Bring back the cane and batter the little blighters!
You just got one vote for post of the year.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:51 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
Randy Watson wrote:Bring back the cane and batter the little blighters!
You just got one vote for post of the year.
Two if he uses the object in red to do it :)

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:57 am

Randy Watson wrote:
thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Randy Watson wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote: i do that, "LICK HIM OUT" is a good un, also "FINGER HIM"
Touché
when i marking a squash match, i long for the score to reach 4-6 so i can call out 'Foreskin' hehehe.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:39 am

I think i've walked onto the set of a Carry On film...!

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:01 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:I think i've walked onto the set of a Carry On film...!
You can't have - Carry On films can't be PC any more - can they??

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:02 pm

Bruno3 wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:I think i've walked onto the set of a Carry On film...!
You can't have - Carry On films can't be PC any more - can they??
'Carry On if you want, but if you don't then just have a seat and we'll be with you at the earliest convenience' doesn't have the same ring to it.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:47 pm

thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Randy Watson wrote:

Oh how I giggle!
Since the Thames Estuary accent has all but enveloped the south east, changing 'th' to an 'f' sound, I like to occasionally say 'fak you' to anyone who does anything nice for me.

Just for a giggle like, and the surrealism of it all.

"Here's your sandwich sir"

"Fak you."

"You're welcome."
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...