Bolton v Spuds

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
East Lower wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I'd take a point now and a quick word (With slim brown envelope) between OC and Harry for Keane's signature come January.
Robbie Keane? Seriously? I'd rather not.
Seriously? You wouldn't? Because he's no better than what we've got? We don't need a proven Prem goalscorer? He wouldn't add to our creativity in midfield or give us another option up front?
No, because if you've ever seen him play over the last few you'll see that he no longer has any of these attributes.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Neither did SKD at Southampton or Millwall before we snapped him up. If I remember rightly, neither Djorkaeff or Okocha were ripping up any trees before they came to us.

He's not getting any match time at the moment, but for me he'd fit into our work ethic and play for the team.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:24 pm

He certainly works hard.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Neither did SKD at Southampton or Millwall before we snapped him up. If I remember rightly, neither Djorkaeff or Okocha were ripping up any trees before they came to us.

He's not getting any match time at the moment, but for me he'd fit into our work ethic and play for the team.
According to my Spurs-supporting colleague 'He's a lazy piece of shit and you can have him for 50p, I'll even drive him up there for you'. This shit about him working hard is a myth too, he spends more time on his arse with his arms in the air appealing for non-existent penalties than making positive contributions.

Five years ago I'd have said yes, now he's no better than what we've got at the moment.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:37 pm

I will be watching this via BBC updates on my mobile.

At a wedding :(

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:08 pm

East Lower wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Neither did SKD at Southampton or Millwall before we snapped him up. If I remember rightly, neither Djorkaeff or Okocha were ripping up any trees before they came to us.

According to my Spurs-supporting colleague 'He's a lazy piece of shit and you can have him for 50p, I'll even drive him up there for you'. This shit about him working hard is a myth too, he spends more time on his arse with his arms in the air appealing for non-existent penalties than making positive contributions.

Five years ago I'd have said yes, now he's no better than what we've got at the moment.

hmm - definately worth the paper it's not written on then! :wink:

the day I value the opinion of a Spurs fan about a player's real worth is the day I strap myself to KB and Zulu as their camel buddies approach...

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Just watched the highlights of Tuesday's game, and if he's fit and plays perhaps Bale will skin Steinsson. So just have to hope that they run out of that sticky tape stuff and so Bale has to be rested! :pray:
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:32 pm

thebish wrote:the day I value the opinion of a Spurs fan about a player's real worth is the day I strap myself to KB and Zulu as their camel buddies approach...
I've saved you a pretty one. 8)
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:08 pm

perfan wrote:Gareth Bale is just going to rip us apart, I'm really concerned. I thought we performed well on Sunday but that was the worst Liverpool side I've ever seen. Saturday's going to be a nightmare and I hope I'm wrong.
I don't remember Ronaldo doing that for the red sox and he was/is 3 times the player Bale will ever be.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:28 pm

After beating Inter midweek they won't be up for a trip up north. I think we can keep them quiet and we're due goals after last week.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Match report volunteers still required.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:38 pm

They'll be buzzing.. Could be trouble this one!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:25 pm

thebish wrote:
East Lower wrote:

the day I value the opinion of a Spurs fan about a player's real worth is the day I strap myself to KB and Zulu as their camel buddies approach...
I'll second this. Some of my Spurs supporting friends reckon Gareth Bale is now worth £50 million. :roll:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
thebish wrote:
East Lower wrote:

I'll second this. Some of my Spurs supporting friends reckon Gareth Bale is now worth £50 million. :roll:
If he wasn't already at Spurs he probably would be :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:08 am

Prufrock wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
thebish wrote:
East Lower wrote:

:D

If he wasn't already at Spurs he probably would be :D

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:10 am

Thinking about this game and the 'if you need a win' theme in the Liverpool thread. Remember when Spurs were rock bottom under Martin Jol? Couldn't find a goal from anywhere, really struggling, there for the taking?

Let's 'ave a butcher's at the owd fixture list me owd china. Cushty Bowton at 'ome. Lavverly jubberly!

We've got a good record against these tossers. Let's take our chances.

Come on!
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:17 am

Overall we play well against the Spurs, and it's not like all their performances are great. They have a great game one week then totally flat the next. Let's take it to them.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:58 am

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Poor 'Arry, always being run down because of his looks. He was once a handsome bloke until the accident

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:38 pm

Most places reporting that Petrov won't play, which sadly means we're stuck with Taylor again. No doubt he'll put in another feckless appearance, in which he only manages to wind people up even further by refusing to put much effort in.

Chris Foy refereeing too. Shithouse.