Wanderers v Geordies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:53 pm

Good news for us that Tiote is out injured, he has been key in their away wins this season. I hope they go 4-4-2 with Ameobi and Carroll rather than playing Nolan just off, my anecdotal evidence is that we play better against teams who line up in the same formation as us.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Athers wrote:Good news for us that Tiote is out injured, he has been key in their away wins this season. I hope they go 4-4-2 with Ameobi and Carroll rather than playing Nolan just off, my anecdotal evidence is that we play better against teams who line up in the same formation as us.
Isn't he also injured?

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:31 pm

seanworth wrote:
Athers wrote:Good news for us that Tiote is out injured, he has been key in their away wins this season. I hope they go 4-4-2 with Ameobi and Carroll rather than playing Nolan just off, my anecdotal evidence is that we play better against teams who line up in the same formation as us.
Isn't he also injured?
No return date according to the physioroom site.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Right you are, Lovenkrands played vs Fulham
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:48 pm

East Lower wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Barr Hill wrote:Sky reporting that Newcastle want Carroll withdrawn from tonight's match as they believe he is not match fit (carrying a groin injury).

Go on Fab - PLAY him
If he's withdrawn and then goes on to play on Saturday Newcastle should be sanctioned.

Kevin Davies would crawl over broken glass for a full cap and they are treating it like an annoyance.

I hope Carroll is assessed as fit and forced to play the full 90 minutes.
Ryan Giggs
John Terry
Steven Gerrard

Just three off the top o'my'ed who have done similar - too injured for England, but fit enough for club. Ban them for a fortnight for that sort of shit.
How dare he! :mrgreen:

I do agree though. If your country calls you up it's an honor not a chore.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:32 am

As each day passes I want a win more and more this weekend. It certainly isn't vital that we win this game to stay away from relegation or anything like that, but I think our confidence is building and a win against Newcastle would go a long way to continuing that trend which could decide if we will be fighting for a spot in Europe near the end of the season. Whew bit of a long sentence.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:38 am

Pedant :)

Really looking forward to this one, I have a really good feeling about it. Also hoping that Nolan struggles and has a stinker, because without him or Barton providing the bullets for that long-haired, female bashing, jailbird bumboy Carroll then I think we have a very good chance.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:20 am

East Lower wrote:Pedant :)

Really looking forward to this one, I have a really good feeling about it. Also hoping that Nolan struggles and has a stinker, because without him or Barton providing the bullets for that long-haired, female bashing, jailbird bumboy Carroll then I think we have a very good chance.
We should have no problems on that score.

Nolan can't pass and was never able to. We were told.

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:12 am

I think I'd rather face them with Ameobi and Ranger - both shite. Lovenkrands....I always thought he was a winger! I have a good feeling that even if Carroll plays then we'll still have too much for them. Will Barton be banned?
He is very often used as a winger, but he is shite there. Horrible winger really.

Not too bad as a second striker. Bags of pace, not a bad shot on him, but nothing else.
Oh coitus!

khun1992
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by khun1992 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:26 am

i think cahill can control and we'll get cleansheet cause our defender play good when vs big striker haha

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:04 pm

The BBC in their preview have our leading goalscorers as Elmander with 5 , then Klasnic with 3 (2 league). I thought Kevin Davies had 4 goals (all league).

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:08 pm

MJH-12 previews the return of the Prodigal Son but hopes to send him home without a Christmas present.

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/A_ ... _White-933
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:10 pm

Just been speaking to a Liverpool fan at work, and he asked if I think we will have to sell in January. I said I really hope not because if we can sign a few more players that Coyle wants, and we keep the players we've got, I can see us getting a top 7 finish at least. This season there are a lot of inconsistent performances from every team and this could be the chance we have to get into Europe again. With this in mind, a 3-1 win tomorrow is my prediction
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:11 pm

seanworth wrote:The BBC in their preview have our leading goalscorers as Elmander with 5 , then Klasnic with 3 (2 league). I thought Kevin Davies had 4 goals (all league).
Mandy has 6...

KD has 4

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:30 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:MJH-12 previews the return of the Prodigal Son but hopes to send him home without a Christmas present.

You should have asked a Bolton fan to do it, rather than someone who loves Newcastle so much ;)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:42 pm

East Lower wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:MJH-12 previews the return of the Prodigal Son but hopes to send him home without a Christmas present.

You should have asked a Bolton fan to do it, rather than someone who loves Newcastle so much ;)
Ah well, I'm sure your match report will soon restore the balance. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:52 pm

East Lower wrote:

I don't think I mention once in that report that I love Newcastle. Forgot to put my tinted specs on, sorry!
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:06 pm

MJH-12 wrote:
East Lower wrote:

I don't think I mention once in that report that I love Newcastle. Forgot to put my tinted specs on, sorry!
Seems to be a lot of love for Carroll, Nolan and their support :)

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:12 pm

East Lower wrote:
MJH-12 wrote:
East Lower wrote:

It's a preview of the Newcastle game. Not a preview of Bolton vs. Bolton ;)

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:18 pm

MJH-12 wrote:
East Lower wrote:
MJH-12 wrote:
East Lower wrote:

It's a preview of the Newcastle game. Not a preview of Bolton vs. Bolton ;)
Is it not? I had no idea!!!! My report might be a little more partisan.