Wanderers v Hillbilly Banjo players

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wanderers v Hillbilly Banjo players

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:31 pm

East Lower wrote:I will always respect Allardyce, and think BWFC Insane's opinion is wrong and ungrateful. I shall applaud him before and after the match, because he deserves it.
I'm in that camp - although dicking 'em 4-0 would be great.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Definitely.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:37 pm

East Lower wrote:I will always respect Allardyce, and think BWFC Insane's opinion is wrong and ungrateful. I shall applaud him before and after the match, because he deserves it.
Which opinion would that be...

That he was a great manager for us.

Or that he is a total cock?

They are not mutually exclusive. I respect him as a manager for what he achieved here.

But I can't stand him and he made it very clear several times what he thought about Bolton fans whilst he was here, not much respect there.

Has he sued the beeb yet then? :lol:

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:41 pm

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:44 pm

East Lower wrote:Image
Don't be so ignorant and naive.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Which opinion would that be...

That he was a great manager for us. agreed

Or that he is a total cock? he's not the only one

They are not mutually exclusive. I respect him as a manager for what he achieved here. should think so

But I can't stand him and he made it very clear several times what he thought about Bolton fans whilst he was here, not much respect there. examples?

Has he sued the beeb yet then? oh dear

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:35 pm

We stayed in the PL because of Mr. Allardyce, and he brought in some great players during his time. I only have fond memories of Big Sam.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:48 pm

I can't really be arsed getting into this again for the 700th time but Fat Boy is a wanker.
In my (clearly still bitter) opinion, all the good he did for us was wiped out over the way he went about leaving. He screwed us over. F*ck him.
Businesswoman of the year.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:15 pm

He established us as a premier league team,great.He left the club in a pretty poor state squadwise,not so great and started to believe his own hype,embarrassing.
Got to be grateful for what he did overall.However he is an arrogant cock.Even when he was our manager I used to dread him being on TV.Talking about himself in the 3rd person etc used to feel embarrassed for him.
Having missed out on the England job,failed at Newcastle and achieved mediocrity at Blackburn he sees to have toned things down a bit.What I'm really loving at the moment is Coyle proving that we don't have to play the Allardyce way for a low cost team to succeed in the prem.Long may it continue.Coyle so far is probably proving a better manager(early days I know),doesn't resort to gimmicky cheating strategies and handles success in a far more likeable manner.
I do think we could struggle in this game tho.Not least because we can't defend set pieces and Jussi struggles on crosses even without Diouf standing on his toes and Samba dancing on his head.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:03 pm

I think the point is he's always been a cock.

When he was here we could overlook that on the basis he did an amazing job. However, since he left in the way that he did, its hard to overlook the fact he's an arrogant cock who thinks he's up there with the Fergie's and the Mourinho's of this world but has actually won nothing as a manager.

He touted himself for the England job at a time when we were struggling for results, I remember driving back from Spurs after we'd just lost 1-0 (I think) and feeling pretty depressed as it had ended any chance we had of a UEFA cup place that year and we'd struggled for results, and up pops Sam on the radio, not talking about the game or how dissapointed he was or anything, but to talk about England and how he was the best for the job. Fooked me off that did, anyone with any class would have only talked about the game directly after it, sparing a thought for those fans who'd made the trip down.

And he was very unwilling to engage with fans at events etc.

And he called Bolton fans "ignorant and naive".

So for that reason as much as he'll be a legend here for what he did. He's still a cock.

And he still hasn't sued the BBC!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I think the point is he's always been a cock.

When he was here we could overlook that on the basis he did an amazing job. However, since he left in the way that he did, its hard to overlook the fact he's an arrogant cock who thinks he's up there with the Fergie's and the Mourinho's of this world but has actually won nothing as a manager. Ever heard of tongue-in-cheek?

He touted himself for the England job at a time when we were struggling for results, I remember driving back from Spurs after we'd just lost 1-0 (I think) and feeling pretty depressed as it had ended any chance we had of a UEFA cup place that year and we'd struggled for results, and up pops Sam on the radio, not talking about the game or how dissapointed he was or anything, but to talk about England and how he was the best for the job. Fooked me off that did, anyone with any class would have only talked about the game directly after it, sparing a thought for those fans who'd made the trip down.

And he was very unwilling to engage with fans at events etc. would you?

And he called Bolton fans "ignorant and naive". we are

So for that reason as much as he'll be a legend here for what he did. He's still a cock. lots of people are

And he still hasn't sued the BBC! let it drop

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:11 pm

What's the BBC obsession?

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:15 pm

He must be Adrian Chiles, still with a grudge.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:29 pm

seanworth wrote:What's the BBC obsession?
The fact shame was brought on the club by a one-eyed report on dodgy transfer dealings. Cue much "wasn't me guv" and threats to sue. No sue-age.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Great manager. Check
European runs because of him. Check
Great 'free' players and dodgy deals. Check
Cock of a man. Check

That is all
Pfffft.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:51 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:
seanworth wrote:What's the BBC obsession?
The fact shame was brought on the club by a one-eyed report on dodgy transfer dealings. Cue much "wasn't me guv" and threats to sue. No sue-age.
Not suing certainly no admission of guilt though

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:32 pm

Presumably we didn't have to pay him off and I've not heard him having a go at us in the press.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:48 pm

He's always spoken highly of his time at the club when I've seen him. I don't think I'll boo him, I'm not that ungrateful. But I likely shan't join any love-in either

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:58 pm

If he walks into the middle to applaud the fans I'll happily boo too, unless that happens I'll save the boos for Diouf.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:04 pm

See Diouf I'd rather we just sang "Champions League, you're having a laugh", but the memories in the ESL are a bit too fragile for such banter