Gary Cahill, Bad News...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Gary Cahill, Bad News...

Post by a1 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:17 pm

East Lower wrote:
I've read this three times and haven't got a clue what you are on about.
dont sell him for ten , we *might* not make no money on it.

the club must know [what we've paid and what we want], and thats probably why theyre asking for 17.
Last edited by a1 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:36 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:
I think most sane Bolton fans acknowledge that the defensive performances against West Brom was woeful, and those types of performances will see us concede far, far more often than they will keep clean sheets. There aren't many attacks in the Premier League capable of being as wasteful as West Brom were that day.
oh yeah, probably.

but , people kept going on about clean sheets , they kept going on about it when megson was manger (did they only keep two?) our owen's team has only kept 2 or 3 .

its three points for a win one for a draw (is) what matters.

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:24 pm

a1 wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:
I think most sane Bolton fans acknowledge that the defensive performances against West Brom was woeful, and those types of performances will see us concede far, far more often than they will keep clean sheets. There aren't many attacks in the Premier League capable of being as wasteful as West Brom were that day.
oh yeah, probably.

but , people kept going on about clean sheets , they kept going on about it when megson was manger (did they only keep two?) our owen's team has only kept 2 or 3 .

its three points for a win one for a draw (is) what matters.
I believe the first clean sheet of the 2009-2010 season came after Megson's departure. That was with Megson's defensive shithouse tactics, mind. Coyle has two already this season and we pretty much never stop attacking!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:22 pm

chelsea are reportedfly interested now that Benfica have shown them the fdoor...
Chelsea have reportedly seen a £17million bid for David Luiz rejected by Benfica and they could now move for Bolton's Gary Cahill.

Portuguese paper Record claim Benfica have turned down Chelsea's approach and Manchester City could beat them to the defender by matching his £25million asking price.

Boss Carlo Ancelotti has previously revealed he could sign a defender in January and the Italian is now expected to step up his interest in Cahill after failing in a move for Luiz.

Bolton are desperate to keep hold of Cahill but the Wanderers could be convinced to sell the talented centre-half if Chelsea make a bid in the region of £17million, the reported buy-out clause in his contract.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:If he goes, he goes. It's all happened before and we're still here. Good player but hasn't reached greatness yet by a way. Just hope he doesn't suffer from "I wish I'd never left Bolton" syndrome. Tal Ben was going to set the world on fire at a "big-club" and where is he now? Bolton will march on ifit happens. It hasn't yet though.
Oh I do, if he goes to the rags...

Cahill's a very talented ball-playing defender in a wide-open team. We won't replace him easily. I wish him all the best as he's exactly the type of ball-playing defender the country needs. I'd rather he didn't march on to greatness at Old Trafford, but if they get near the £17m clause they'll probably earn the right to try.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:00 am

Value dropped a million or two today! both goals, he looked shite!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:01 am

Dad said that, first one not his fault. Brilliant brilliant ball and decent movement. If we are picking faults it has to be with Ricketts but I even think that would be harsh. Cahill can't go any further back or there is a massive gap between him and Knight for Torres to wander into. Made it difficult but the brilliant Gerrard picked out a pass. Haven't seen the second again so dunno if he was at fault. Was it offside? I only saw one dodgy replay and it looked like it came off Elmander?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:11 am

It did come off Elmander. But when the ball was played up towards Elmander (and l'pool player), the scorer was offside at that point.

I just don't understand this part of the rule. It's stupid..

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:35 pm

I thought Cahill had a very good game against Pool. He did his value no harm.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:38 pm

He won't be going cheap if this has any truth:

http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/news/a ... =155745732" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:37 am

Listening to the news just now it sounds like Cahill to Chelsea is the latest rumour.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:19 am

If we can get £20 million for him, as OC has stated, then I wish him well, etc..................

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:16 pm

Cahill was at fault for neither goal. As prufrock said, not much could have been done to stop the first one, except for Ricketts spotting it and tucking in. Cahill can't get dragged too far away from Knight.

The second one, he played Cole offside. No problems, excpet for the linesman who never flagged. I know it came off Elmander, but if the liner saw that, he's fecking miraculous. He got the decision wrong, then got lucky when the 924th replay showed the final touch was from Elmo
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:18 pm

If the ball's played through to an offside attacker and gets deflected by a defender, the attacker's still offside. It doesn't become "second phase" via deflection.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:25 pm

Indeed, as I said in Liverpool thread the other day:
Just to clarify the offside law guys. Cole is in an offside position so:

Scenario 1. Elmander plays it to Cole whilst trying to hit ball out for corner, control it or pass back to keeper etc - Goal is good.

Scenario 2. Elmander is hit by ball crossed into Cole - Goal is not good. Correct decision is offside.

I haven't seen the goal yet but the fact that the ball was touched by Elmander is not the issue.
There's lots of journos, tv pundits and fans on here and elsewhere who haven't got the current interpretation of the Offside Law - not that I'm saying it's fair, of course.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Cheers Zulu, was wondering if you'd clarified it.

Doesn't have to be fair, if it's the law. Ask Hobo...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:10 pm

But it wasn't a deflection. He played it. He was trying to stick it out for a corner. Whether or not he fecked it up or was fouled, it wasn't a 'deflection'.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:45 am

:evil: Reporting on SSN this morning, Arsenal about to make an offer for Cahill, or some german chap with a rude sounding name. Here's hoping they go european.........

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:06 am

Il Pirate wrote::evil: Reporting on SSN this morning, Arsenal about to make an offer for Cahill, or some german chap with a rude sounding name. Here's hoping they go european.........
I think Owen has made it pretty clear we're not selling anyone in January.

He was quite angry in his post match interview on Saturday when asked about "comings or goings" stating that there would only be "comings". Oooo errrr. :mrgreen:

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:48 am

20 million though and you'd think the chairman would step in and say "Come on mate..."
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter