CYL injury scare ??!!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: CYL injury scare ??!!

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:9 months = a season :(
He'll be back for our FA Cup win then.

:pissed:

martin1877coywm
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by martin1877coywm » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:11 pm

That's a hge blow. Relegation bound now.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:14 pm

martin1877coywm wrote:That's a hge blow. Relegation bound now.
Feck off
Pfffft.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:20 pm

martin1877coywm wrote:That's a hge blow. Relegation bound now.

:doh: :doh:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:21 pm

If losing one player makes us relegation bound, then we would deserve to go down.

Chungy's good, but not that good.

Adding Chungy being unavailable to Holden being unavailable, Sturridge not being around, Elmander going, is pretty tough though.

We've now lost over half our goals from last season and over half our assists.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:24 pm

I suppose Klasnic having a full pre season and lookout good is the only positive.

Holden and Lee being out is going to be a struggle.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:27 pm

Reo Coker, Pratley and Eagles were good signings. Its a blow, and would have been nicer to have a bigger squad, but we're better able to deal with this than even a couple of months ago.

We do, however, still desperately need a striker.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:51 pm

Such a big blow having CYL out. He was the star winger in the team and pretty much a confirmed starter for most matches. Being out for nine months minimum should see him returning next season so we'll be hoping to cover for him in the meantime. No disrespect to the likes of Eagles but I can't see him performing as well as Chungy has (despite Eagles being a standout performer for Burnley). Only time will tell, looks like Petrov is the star winger in the team now so hopefully he'll fill some large boots and get the fans onside.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:14 am

No pressure on Petrov and Eagles then. If we don't add a minimum of one striker and one winger it's going to be very tough. He is a class a part and makes such a difference. On a more positive note if we get one of each and maybe one who can play both, the additions elsewhere will leave us very strong.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:23 am

Worthy4England wrote:
SonsOfThunder wrote:Supposedly Miller was 'shaken up' or whatever. Didn't look like it to me.
Fairly difficult to tell.

Don't be like an Arsenal fan. Guy's got his leg broke, by someone a number of divisions lower. Even if it was a "bad" tackle, stuff like that can always go on where there's a gulf in class, with little intent on the part of the perpetrator.

The ball gets a little bit away from Chungy, but he covers twice the distance that the defender manages in the same timeframe. The defender commits to the challenge about 5 yards away and then has to adjust. You're talking about a bloke that doesn't think nor react at the same speed as an international footballer.

To me, it just looked like the difference in class that's caused the problem.
I'd go along with that. On the one hand there is the argument you shouldn't be making that kind of tackle in a pre-season friendly, which has some weight; however, it is a split second decision, from a lad playing in one of the 'biggest' games of his life. It looks like the difference in class that has done it. He will be used to seeing players overrun the ball like that and him nicking it. Chungy's pace meant he got there first and ouch. Gutted though. The worry is, with both him and Holden whether or not they come back the same. Holden's is a purely medical thing in will his knee be right. Not uncommon at all for those sort of injuries to reoccur. Chungy's will be a mentality thing, as, as far as I understand it, with things like this often the leg itself comes back stronger (anyone got anything I can safely attach my clinging grasping hope seeking fingernails to?). His attitude seems good though, and it didn't put off Holden.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:13 am

Prufrock wrote:Chungy's will be a mentality thing, as, as far as I understand it, with things like this often the leg itself comes back stronger (anyone got anything I can safely attach my clinging grasping hope seeking fingernails to?). His attitude seems good though, and it didn't put off Holden.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrik_Larsson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henrik Larsson suffered a similar injury (actually remembering the pictures, it was a 'horror injury') and was out for 8 months. In his first full season back he scored 35 goals in 38 games and won the European Golden Boot.

Here's hoping lightning strikes twice, so to speak.

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:52 am

Prufrock wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
SonsOfThunder wrote:Supposedly Miller was 'shaken up' or whatever. Didn't look like it to me.
Fairly difficult to tell.

Don't be like an Arsenal fan. Guy's got his leg broke, by someone a number of divisions lower. Even if it was a "bad" tackle, stuff like that can always go on where there's a gulf in class, with little intent on the part of the perpetrator.

The ball gets a little bit away from Chungy, but he covers twice the distance that the defender manages in the same timeframe. The defender commits to the challenge about 5 yards away and then has to adjust. You're talking about a bloke that doesn't think nor react at the same speed as an international footballer.

To me, it just looked like the difference in class that's caused the problem.
I'd go along with that. On the one hand there is the argument you shouldn't be making that kind of tackle in a pre-season friendly, which has some weight; however, it is a split second decision, from a lad playing in one of the 'biggest' games of his life. It looks like the difference in class that has done it. He will be used to seeing players overrun the ball like that and him nicking it. Chungy's pace meant he got there first and ouch. Gutted though. The worry is, with both him and Holden whether or not they come back the same. Holden's is a purely medical thing in will his knee be right. Not uncommon at all for those sort of injuries to reoccur. Chungy's will be a mentality thing, as, as far as I understand it, with things like this often the leg itself comes back stronger (anyone got anything I can safely attach my clinging grasping hope seeking fingernails to?). His attitude seems good though, and it didn't put off Holden.
Yeah I think you're right that with Holden it'll be a physical hurdle to overcome while it will be mentally tough for Chungy to make his comeback. It's hard to have your leg broken like that and be as fearless as you were before.

And I think my comment above was misunderstood. I actually don't think the challenge was all that horrible although it was late. It wasn't a two footed lunge or insanely high, as we've seen plenty of times between two Prem teams. It's just when the ref blew the whistle Miller just sort of turned around and seemed to say "Who me?" I mean you can see that half of Chungy's lower leg is hanging from an odd angle off the other half. Compare to Shawcross' reaction with Ramsay, where you could see he was visibly shaken by the ordeal.

Again, intent is not the issue I was raising. Anyone can make a bad tackle whether you play for Newport or a CL club.

ghksgur
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ghksgur » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:04 am

Just want to say, out 50 million population of Korea 99% are Chungy fans and they are really pissed of at this Tom Miller dude :twisted: :evil: :evil:

Mainly because he is such an important player for our national team.. and soon the WC qualification matches are coming up. It's necessary for them to find a good winger

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:11 am

Just seen the tackle now, totally unnecessary. Poor Lee :(

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:10 am

What a kick in the nuts that is. Anyway Chungy being Korean I doubt will have any mental problems when he returns. Korean's are a tough lot. In the meantime our midfield quickly went from being one of the potentially best ones in a while to looking a bit thin depending upon the time it takes Holden to be fully fit, which I think might be the latter part of this season. Let's hope M Davies remains fit, and that Eagles is all Coyle believes him to be. Strikers are still by far our No. 1 priority right now.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:40 am

Just seen the tackle on "you tube", it wasn't as bad a tackle as I imagined CYL and Miller both stretching for the ball, it didn't look like a two footed challenge on him. At around 8.12 you see Gardener pull up and grab his right hamstring.
Let's hope Lee comes back stronger next season, he is only 23 so plenty of time left for him IF he recovers completely.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:08 am

Gardner's is just a tight hamstring according to the BN so hopefully isn't serious. No risks now. I'd play the reserves on Monday!

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:25 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Reo Coker, Pratley and Eagles were good signings. Its a blow, and would have been nicer to have a bigger squad, but we're better able to deal with this than even a couple of months ago.

We do, however, still desperately need a striker.
I'd say we need 2 strikers, both with pace, we dont really have any fire power. Also no Holden (should be back October ?), plus now no Chungy (Last 2 players of the seasons, therefore big influential players in our team) I expect a very difficult season ahead if Coyle doesnt get someone in up front ASAP. We have a difficult start to the campaign and this could see us playing catch up after the first 7 games. Final point, I've never been a big fan of Pre-season games for this exact reason, a micky mouse game ends up costing us a player out for a season :cry:

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:27 am

Shouldn't laugh but poor Newport Unofficial forum is under siege from Korean trolls.
"Any useless person; any liar; any drunkard; anyone under the influence; anyone high on drugs; can talk on the Internet, and you read what he writes and you believe it."
- Muammar Gaddafi, 16/1/2011

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:33 am

Horza wrote:Shouldn't laugh but poor Newport Unofficial forum is under siege from Korean trolls.
"son of a beach"

Now that's how to over react.