CH's all singing all dancing transfer gossip thread on toast

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: CH's all singing all dancing transfer gossip thread on t

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:40 pm

a growing list of clubs allegedly after our Gary in January...
click lancashire wrote:According to reports Juventus are lining up a £10 million bid for Bolton Wanderers defender Gary Cahill.

The Italian giants are understood to be keen on Cahill after sounding out England boss Fabio Capello.

However, it is believed they will face competition from Barcelona in the January transfer window.

Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola has had the England defender watched several times and it seems he believes he could be a long- term replacement for Nou Camp veteran Carles Puyol.

Spanish source told Starsport: “It might seem unbelievable, but Barcelona have been watching Cahill and like the look of him.

“They think he’s comfortable on the ball and very strong defensively, so why not?

“He’s still young and is an England international, so there’s a realistic chance it could happen.”

Cahill has been a long-term target of both Arsenal and Tottenham but would jump at the chance to join either one of Juventus or Barca instead.

The 25-year-old is in the final 12 months of his contract and the club are resigned to losing him.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:41 pm

thebish wrote:a growing list of clubs allegedly after our Gary in January...
click lancashire wrote:According to reports Juventus are lining up a £10 million bid for Bolton Wanderers defender Gary Cahill.

The Italian giants are understood to be keen on Cahill after sounding out England boss Fabio Capello.

However, it is believed they will face competition from Barcelona in the January transfer window.

Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola has had the England defender watched several times and it seems he believes he could be a long- term replacement for Nou Camp veteran Carles Puyol.

Spanish source told Starsport: “It might seem unbelievable, but Barcelona have been watching Cahill and like the look of him.

“They think he’s comfortable on the ball and very strong defensively, so why not?

“He’s still young and is an England international, so there’s a realistic chance it could happen.”

Cahill has been a long-term target of both Arsenal and Tottenham but would jump at the chance to join either one of Juventus or Barca instead.

The 25-year-old is in the final 12 months of his contract and the club are resigned to losing him.
We need to get him to sign a year extentsion just so we can get something for him!
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:40 pm

How many times

WHY WOULD HE SIGN ANYTHING THAT MADE A MOVE TO BARCA (or others) ANY LESS LIKELY
Sto ut Serviam

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:43 pm

if there's lots of interest - then we're not so much over the barrel!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:53 pm

Eh?
Sto ut Serviam

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:26 pm

I mean - if there is only one club interested - and he doesn't sign a new contract (as you rightly say - why should he) - then they could offer us 4pence ha'penny and we'd have to take it (what with his contract being up)

but if Juventos are coming to town offering £10mill and Barca also come sniffing - and Wenger realises that he actually DOES want gary now that Mertesacker turns out not to be the answer - and chelsea straining for a chumps league run and decide they need another option - and Happy Harry gets his wallet out..

then - we're not so much over a barrel - cos the more interest there is the more we are likely to get for him.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:45 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:How many times

WHY WOULD HE SIGN ANYTHING THAT MADE A MOVE TO BARCA (or others) ANY LESS LIKELY
Its doesn't make the move any less likely it just benefits us.... Instead of him leaving on a free and us missing out on a £15million boost to help us... he can still leave its just benefiting us, I mean surely after we pretty much made his career to what it is, he'd do us this one last favor!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Aye, alreet

I'm convinced
Sto ut Serviam

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:51 pm

Whos gonna be interested in a defender who ships an ave of 3 goals per game anyway?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:52 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:

Its doesn't make the move any less likely it just benefits us.... Instead of him leaving on a free and us missing out on a £15million boost to help us... he can still leave its just benefiting us, I mean surely after we pretty much made his career to what it is, he'd do us this one last favor!
That's £15m then that'll be negotiated into his wages if they don't have to pay it to us. I'm getting the woooooord... naive!!!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:27 am

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:

I like Cahill, he is a very good defender, but you think Juventus and Barcelona would be interested at £15m? Really?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:46 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tals-biggest-fan wrote:

I like Cahill, he is a very good defender, but you think Juventus and Barcelona would be interested at £15m? Really?
Cahill has a style of play that barca would like they like defenders who are comfortable on the ball and Cahill is very comfortable with the ball at his feet. Cahill is regarded as a bright star in the future... barca have a great history of having young players and making them into quality players... Pique is one of them.... United fans thought he was shite... now he is argubly one of the top defenders in the world...

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Post by mrpiccollo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:09 am

i wouldent say arguably top 2 centrebacks are vidic closely followed by pique

as for gary hes quality id actually love to see him somewhere like barca he has potential and they crave players that can not only defend but pass score and move on the ball over there and ofc we know our gaz can do the lot

also january window means value goes up almost double sometimes so i cant see him going too cheap if he does go

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:12 am

His price will mean more clubs being interested in him. Less inherent risk in a smaller outlay.

I'm f*cked if he's going to Spurs.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:17 am

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Tals-biggest-fan wrote:

Cahill has a style of play that barca would like they like defenders who are comfortable on the ball and Cahill is very comfortable with the ball at his feet. Cahill is regarded as a bright star in the future... barca have a great history of having young players and making them into quality players... Pique is one of them.... United fans thought he was shite... now he is argubly one of the top defenders in the world...
Didn't spend £15m on Pique. It wouldn't surprise me if those sort of clubs were interested, but it is only because he is out of contract and they reckon they could get him cheap. Not a chance in hell that if Barcelona were looking to spend £15m or so on a centre half that our Gary would be on that list.

Also Pique best in the world? He's not even the best in the Barcelona team. He's good, but I'd look good playing centre half for them.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Amasing how Pique was a bag o shite (well not very good anyhow) playing for Man U (especially when Anelka ran round the back of him to score) and now he's a worls class centre half. I know people can improve, but I'm not convinced he's improved that much. I suspect the fact that he's playing for Barca sways people's judgements...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:20 pm

it looks like this thread is already going tits-up!! :wink:
club call - so pretty solid stuff! wrote:Bolton Wanderers are showing an interest in Scottish youth international David Hopkirk but rivals West Brom are favourites to land him.

Albion have stolen a march on the Trotters and a host of other clubs who have tracking the 18-year-old, by inviting the free agent to train with them in the hope of securing a contract.
Hopkirk is looking for a new club after leaving Hamilton earlier this season by mutual consent.
Celtic, Cardiff, Ipswich and Birmingham have also been weighing up a move for the youngster's signature, while Rangers recently handed him a trial.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:57 pm

I love those kind of things. Pick the shittest club out of that lot, and he'll have been handed a trial there with a view to a tuppence ha'penny contract. Cue agent phoning newspaper with a list of other clubs. He'll probably get a week at Ipswich.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:08 pm

thebish wrote:it looks like this thread is already going tits-up!! :wink:
club call - so pretty solid stuff! wrote:Bolton Wanderers are showing an interest in Scottish youth international David Hopkirk but rivals West Brom are favourites to land him.

Albion have stolen a march on the Trotters and a host of other clubs who have tracking the 18-year-old, by inviting the free agent to train with them in the hope of securing a contract.
Hopkirk is looking for a new club after leaving Hamilton earlier this season by mutual consent.
Celtic, Cardiff, Ipswich and Birmingham have also been weighing up a move for the youngster's signature, while Rangers recently handed him a trial.
I prefer Sky article as it describes Hopkirk as a 'starlet' so he must be pretty good.

According to his Wiki page, he was released by Hamilton Accademical last month after making 8 first team appearances for the club.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:30 pm

malcd1 wrote:..... released by Hamilton Accademical last month after making 8 first team appearances for the club.
That's some CV !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".