Bolton v Stoke

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Re: Bolton v Stoke

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 pm

1-3, it'll be embarrassing, and Coyle will have to quit.

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:01 pm

we dont need five in midfield for this one because they bypass their midfield.
what we need to do is stop their full backs getting forward as best we can
and our full backs to play better than they have ever played.....
i'd go
Jussi
Steinsonn (gulp) Wheater Cahill Robinson (gulp)
Pratley(Just run up and down the right) Muamba Coker Eagles (on left to help Robbo)
Tuncay NGog

Pennant and Etherington will still kill us
and Crouch will do what he does best (fall over) but this time "win" a penalty for it

0-3 unless we show a bit of feckin backbone
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:04 pm

HOLD YOUR BETS, I JUST HAD A PREMONITION ON MY WAY TO THE BATHROOM:

We'll be 2–0 up at half time, one of the goals coming from a penalty. We'll then get battered in the second-half but hold on for a nervy 2–1 win. I feel this one in me bones.

Oh, and Muamba will start.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:07 pm

Sponge wrote:HOLD YOUR BETS, I JUST HAD A PREMONITION ON MY WAY TO THE BATHROOM:
Adult nappies are available in most good pharmacies if you find yourself never quite able to reach the bathroom on time... :)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Andy Waller wrote:I watched Stoke last night and they were really poor. We've no chance of standing up to their bombardment though. 0-2 and it's gonna be bloody ugly!
Best way to combat their bombardment is to be doing some of our own. If we sit in our own half and let them come at us (as we've been doing too often lately), they'll swamp us. We had glimpses against Arsenal that we can take the offensive; that's what we have to do and make our chances count. Doen't just apply against Stoke, we have to start making our presence felt or we really will be looking at relegation.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:15 pm

We'll be winning 1 - 0 at half time and lose 5 - 1


Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:59 pm

I fear (dread) that Coyle will bring Knight backto combat Stole's ariel threat (on the basis that he's tall and therefore must be good in the air :roll: ) - despite the fact he doesn't jump, is as soft as shit, useless in possession etc....

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Not confident. Not confident at all.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:52 pm

It's either going to be one of the most humiliating days in BWFC history, or it's going to be one of the most inspiring, demon-banishing form-turn-arounds the Barclays Premier League has ever seen...

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:38 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Righto, ask pulis if upson is playing then!
I haven't watched Stoke all season, I have no idea if Upson is a first team regular, or if he's injured or what. Usually you can predict what players are going to play if that's the case. :conf:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:00 pm

For the first time in many years I'm choosing to miss a home match... I have friends I dearly love on a visit to the north, who can only make a get-together on sunday...

They would, sort of, bordering on 'nearly' understand if I told em, as I normally would, the wanderers came way before them, obviously...

However, I find it possible to miss this game... with a sigh... of relief... and look forward to some animating chat, some good food and booze...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:42 pm

William the White wrote:For the first time in many years I'm choosing to miss a home match... I have friends I dearly love on a visit to the north, who can only make a get-together on sunday...

They would, sort of, bordering on 'nearly' understand if I told em, as I normally would, the wanderers came way before them, obviously...

However, I find it possible to miss this game... with a sigh... of relief... and look forward to some animating chat, some good food and booze...
...and regular looks at your phone, or the tv. You can try not to, but you will !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:45 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
William the White wrote:For the first time in many years I'm choosing to miss a home match... I have friends I dearly love on a visit to the north, who can only make a get-together on sunday...

...and regular looks at your phone, or the tv. You can try not to, but you will !
At least they'll understand why your alcohol consumption will rapidly accelerate after 5pm...

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:46 pm

We'll win it and Owen will come out and say this is the win we needed to kick start our season but instead we'll lose the next 5 and we'll repeat the cycle until we scrap relegation on goal difference!
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:04 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:We'll win it and Owen will come out and say this is the win we needed to kick start our season but instead we'll lose the next 5 and we'll repeat the cycle until we scrap relegation on goal difference!
If we repeat that cycle - win one lose five, GD will not be a significant factor in the final outcome... :-)

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:08 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

At least they'll understand why your alcohol consumption will rapidly accelerate after 5pm...
either way...

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:47 am

Im leaving the country. Giving my season ticket to a hapless sod who hasnt watched us live yet this season, he's actually excited about going, pity that fool!

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:54 am

Muamba & Tuncay have to start this one. Tuncay hat trick, then sent off for showing his arse to Pulis and nicking his baseball cap......................................................

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:09 am

4 - 1.

Easy.

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:41 am

Davo has to play!! Ngog is not a lone striker. I like the look of BWFCI's line up and this is the one I'd go with, but change one or two:

Jussi
Steinsson Wheater Cahill Alonso
Eagles Muamba NRC Kakuta
Tuncay
K Davies
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"