Coyle - Time to go? [post-Everton]

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Should he stay or should he go?

He should be given more time (indefinite)
28%
He should be given until Christmas
26%
He should be given a couple more games
13%
He should be sacked immediately
34%

Total votes: 94

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: Coyle - Time to go? [post-Everton]

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
William the White wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Your post is irrational!
How so?
Because what you're basically saying is results don't matter so long as you like the manager.

This club can't afford to drift into the championship without a fight.

The way you talk, cos Coyle isn't Megson we can let him take us down, I just cannot ever get my head around that.

When Megson left it was right because there was a serious danger he would take us down.

It's the same rule now in my book!
Unfortunately your book only has 2 words in it and one of them is "out".

No one is suggesting results don't matter and we are not going to go down without a fight.

The facts are that we have no money and this current squad may not be strong enough to stay up. Add in 12 injuries, 4 sendings off and the toughest first 7 games I can remember and I doubt there's a manager out there who could have fared much better. Certainly not your mate Gary.

You have nailed your colours firmly to the "change for change's sake" pole - nothing could be more irrational.

The situation is dire and as lifelong fans we are all feeling the pressure, but there's a long way to go in this season and we're not down yet.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:53 pm

I think his loyalty to certain players has been his downfall too, we can't progress with a carthorse up front. Why bring kakuta and tuncay in to warm the bench, when wheater got sent off i thought coyle should have brought on kakuta so that we had a out ball we needed his pace because we had none in the team today it would of took the pressure off abit.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:05 pm

I don't want him hounded out of the club by any means, but really if it was my call that'd be it now.

It's a massive shame, as it should've been perfect and for a while it looked like it was going to be. However, you can't keep someone employed on the basis that you really really really really want it to work, when it clearly isn't going to.

Curbishley is my pick by the way.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:22 pm

Gary Speed, anyone?

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:28 pm

Tombwfc wrote:I don't want him hounded out of the club by any means, but really if it was my call that'd be it now.

It's a massive shame, as it should've been perfect and for a while it looked like it was going to be. However, you can't keep someone employed on the basis that you really really really really want it to work, when it clearly isn't going to.

You were doing well until this bit.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:31 pm

I go Peter Reid.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:32 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:I don't want him hounded out of the club by any means, but really if it was my call that'd be it now.

Good record of keeping sides up.

Worried he's been out of the game so long, but he's used to the situation we are in and sorting teams out!

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:32 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I go Peter Reid.
:lol:

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:33 pm

Ban him.

After burning him.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:

Whoever I'd have said would've been followed by someone else saying they were either shit or wouldn't come.

Don't particularly see what's so bad about him myself.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:45 pm

He's not that bad. I'm just not sure whether there are some more long term issues at the club. Its just possible that this is the end of Unle Eddie's millions. Thats quite a frightening thought, and whoever you name isn't going to solve that in the medium to long term.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:50 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:He's not that bad. I'm just not sure whether there are some more long term issues at the club. Its just possible that this is the end of Unle Eddie's millions. Thats quite a frightening thought, and whoever you name isn't going to solve that in the medium to long term.
Thing is we are not maximising what we have.

If you have less you need a manager to get the best out of that.

Like early days in the prem, we had nowt but Allardyce got the best out of it.

We are a long way from doing that at the minute. A long way.

As the fans around me said today, if it even looked like we had a plan on the pitch then we would all be moe forgiving.

You don't need money to organise a team, inject it with desire and give it a plan to maximise the sum of it's parts.

We don't have the worst defensive record for no reason...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:58 pm

That may be, but we don't have money to chuck at it this time, and a massive, massive debt. I'm not sure how much, if anything, we have left to gamble with. Lets be clear, this isn't like the early days of Sam. The circumstances are fundamentaly different.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:00 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:He's not that bad. I'm just not sure whether there are some more long term issues at the club. Its just possible that this is the end of Unle Eddie's millions. Thats quite a frightening thought, and whoever you name isn't going to solve that in the medium to long term.
Thing is we are not maximising what we have.

If you have less you need a manager to get the best out of that.

Like early days in the prem, we had nowt but Allardyce got the best out of it.

We are a long way from doing that at the minute. A long way.

As the fans around me said today, if it even looked like we had a plan on the pitch then we would all be moe forgiving.

You don't need money to organise a team, inject it with desire and give it a plan to maximise the sum of it's parts.

We don't have the worst defensive record for no reason...
Is that reason that Coyle's a dreadful manager? Or can you think of any other contributory factors?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:08 am

WtW I think the main reason is that he's completely clueless at organising a team to dig in and be hard to beat. I understand the injury situation but other sides have suffered similar, Everton last season for example.

I just don't think the players know what they're trying to do, or believe in it! Either way we need to start kicking lumps out of teams rather than letting them walk all over us. Dogs of war and all that....

Won't happen with Coyle IMO!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:47 am

Wandering Willy wrote:No one is suggesting results don't matter and we are not going to go down without a fight.

It's looking like we are at the minute.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:16 am

I don't understand how anyone can support keeping Coyle after the recent results, Megson was hounded out for far far less and so was Sammy Lee.

A change is needed, we can't change all the players even if they aren't any good. Perhaps one or two but we can and should change the Manager. The Players, tactics, methods, selections, etc, etc all need a shake up and that's what a new Manager brings and that's what Bolton needs before its too late.

We are still only a couple of points adrift and if the new manager can get two or three wins which most new managers seem to do it may be enough to give us a bit of a breathing space, as I can't see us getting those three wins under Coyle anytime soon.

In fact anyone will probably be better than Coyle at present, as he appears to be out of his depth.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:12 am

Define "far less".

As I recall, when we were still in the bottom three at christmas, the argument always went along the lines of "well a couple of wins and we'd have been midtable".

Whats the difference this time?

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:45 am

Was speaking to someone from Burnley about it last night and I thought it was an interesting point of view that seems to stack up.

His opinion is that Coyle's one skill as a manager is that he is a fantastic motivator.

He's tactically inept, awful when it comes to buying players, bad coach but this one saving grace as a motivator means he can come in and do an excellent job at a club initially.

Unfortunetly, the same players (and fans for that matter) can only listen to the same words for so long and eventually they switch off. And when they do he's got nothing left in reserve to rescue the situation. He's like milk, he has an expiry date.
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

Elektrapunk
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Elektrapunk » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:52 am

Yesterday at Everton the team spent more time playing the ball back to the goalkeeper to hit it high onto Davies head to knock it down and hope, just hope that there would be another Bolton player that might pick it up (Sadly there wasn't because they were to scared to go anywhere near Evertons half way line let alone beyond it) They didn't have a clue, whatsoever, and showed no signs of ever wanting to attack Everton with the exception of the odd burst from Eagles. Davies was a waste of time and needs dropped, he needs a rest as they are too reliant on him and he was well marked out the game. Trouble is what does Coyle have to play with? What does he have on the bench to baiil him out? Err, not a lot judging by it. Coyles no better off at Bolton than a bricklayer would be told to build houses with no sand and cement and told to use blu tac instead.

The supporters were as dead as Jordan and Andres marriage. Even Lofty looked disillusioned and could barely muster any support. Bet he was wishing he could get back in Daktari.

Bolton are third bottom, a couple of wins will lift them. Get behind them and Coyle and the team rather than call for his head where we will likely only get another third rate manager in if he goes, and where the team will go down and Coyle will be blamed.
"Who am I to deny you, me"