Kevin Davies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: Kevin Davies

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:09 pm

He's fcuking useless

I use the term 'useless' advisedly
Sto ut Serviam

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:As poor and disinterested as Davies has been since the back end of last season we need to keep him till the end of the season...

Then he can go.

I'm still hopefully he might give us the odd good 20 minutes here or there and play a part....

If he doesn't, he doesn't...

But I can't see us signing more than 2 or 3 in January, so if we are letting Cahill go can't let more experience walk out just yet IMO.....
If that's what his experience brings then we can do without it, its like playing with 10 men - we may as well give a reserve striker (who will at least put some effort in) an opportunity for the odd 20 mins than use K Davies, because he gives us nothing out on the pitch - a very pale immitation of his former self, for me he's finished and it looks like he's totally disinterested going of his body language and lack of effort.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:12 pm

jaffka wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
jaffka wrote: Is that along with the chairman, owner, manager, back room and 10000 fans?
Is no one allowed an opinion unless you agree with it ? - your as tedious as anyone on here at the moment
I like how you come on here on a very occasional basis, usually in order to spout crap and point out that you are a superfan. You obviously have a magic device in your living room, that is able to gage the feeling of every Bolton fan (or 10000 at least) and then when someone has the audacity to either disagree with you or point out that your a moaning prick (thats me by the way :wink: ) play the victim card.

Oh and just for the record, it does seem that you have been moaning the loudest and the longest on here.
Good lets keep it that way....now jog on and get back to your train set !

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:13 pm

True though.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
jaffka wrote: Is that along with the chairman, owner, manager, back room and 10000 fans?
Is no one allowed an opinion unless you agree with it ? - your as tedious as anyone on here at the moment
I like how you come on here on a very occasional basis, usually in order to spout crap and point out that you are a superfan. You obviously have a magic device in your living room, that is able to gage the feeling of every Bolton fan (or 10000 at least) and then when someone has the audacity to either disagree with you or point out that your a moaning prick (thats me by the way :wink: ) play the victim card.

Oh and just for the record, it does seem that you have been moaning the loudest and the longest on here.
Good lets keep it that way....now jog on and get back to your train set !

I tend to agree with Jaffka, You don't half spout some crap, then if people don't agree you start to throw your toys out of the pram.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote: I tend to agree with Jaffka, You don't half spout some crap, then if people don't agree you start to throw your toys out of the pram.
Good for you - I refer you to the response I gave earlier

Next....

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Turkish Trotter wrote: I tend to agree with Jaffka, You don't half spout some crap, then if people don't agree you start to throw your toys out of the pram.

Next....
You have quite a fan club going here :laugh:

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:20 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:

Next....
We know you don't give a shite about other peoples opinions.
Exactly the same as we don't give a shite about yours.
You're just a monotonous bore.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:23 pm

So anyway, I wouldn't sell him to the summer. We're in a precarious enough position as it is without cutting our noses to spite our faceseses.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:As poor and disinterested as Davies has been since the back end of last season we need to keep him till the end of the season...

Then he can go.

I'm still hopefully he might give us the odd good 20 minutes here or there and play a part....

people keep saying this... but...

1. under what circumstances would it be useful to bring KD on for the last 20mins?
2. what would he actually offer? (the KD of 2012 - not the one of 2009)
3. which teams' defenses would have any trouble with him given that he didn't trouble Macclesfield for 63mins?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Is Robbie Blake still on our payroll btw? If he is then Davies most certainly isn't going anywhere - and if we are to single anyone out for getting found out against barely full time opponents then it has to be Robinson, who was nothing short of a complete and utter embarrassment!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:34 pm

thebish wrote: 3. which teams' defenses would have any trouble with him given that he didn't trouble Macclesfield for 63mins?
Matthew Upson

That's about it :(
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Is Robbie Blake still on our payroll btw? If he is then Davies most certainly isn't going anywhere - and if we are to single anyone out for getting found out against barely full time opponents then it has to be Robinson, who was nothing short of a complete and utter embarrassment!
Bruce - totally agree, Robinson was utter garbage as usual, but TBH I've not come across many who defend him like some defend 'golden boy' Kevin Davies.

Both K Davies & Robinson should not be anywhere near the 1st team - not even in the cup, he should give the reserve players an opportunity ahead of either of those 2

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:49 pm

thebish wrote:

Then he can go.

people keep saying this... but...

1. under what circumstances would it be useful to bring KD on for the last 20mins?
2. what would he actually offer? (the KD of 2012 - not the one of 2009)
3. which teams' defenses would have any trouble with him given that he didn't trouble Macclesfield for 63mins?
I think the hope being that if we really are backs to the wall we may get a Davies circa 2009 swansong for a game or two to help us out. As I say we may not...

But for me it's all we can kind of hope for..

Also LK he's out of contract in the summer so we wont be selling him then....

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Well yes, thats why I mentioned keeping him til summer.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Is Robbie Blake still on our payroll btw? If he is then Davies most certainly isn't going anywhere - and if we are to single anyone out for getting found out against barely full time opponents then it has to be Robinson, who was nothing short of a complete and utter embarrassment!
Bruce - totally agree, Robinson was utter garbage as usual, but TBH I've not come across many who defend him like some defend 'golden boy' Kevin Davies.

Both K Davies & Robinson should not be anywhere near the 1st team - not even in the cup, he should give the reserve players an opportunity ahead of either of those 2
I suppose that there's a lingering hope about Davies - in that we've seen what he was once capable of and hope that he can somehow rekindle it (which he patently can't).

Robinson's always been shit - though if for any reason anyone hadn't quite noticed then yesterday he stopped not far short of giving the world a Powerpoint presentation on just what a clueless, talentless prick he really is.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:02 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Well yes, thats why I mentioned keeping him til summer.
Well you said you wouldn't 'sell' him till the summer which kind of suggests you meant sell him then...

Anyways as poor as he's been I'm still hopeful there is one or two big performances left in him.

I don't believe it's all physical, think a lot of it is down to him mentally switching off after Wembley and not being able to get it back...

Who knows a few massive 6 pointers in a relegation scrap may wake him up....

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:04 pm

I think he's been told he won't be offered a new contract, personally.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:06 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I think he's been told he won't be offered a new contract, personally.

^^
this
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:09 pm

anyway...

some quotes from Coyle this weekend...

"We will absolutely not sell Kevin in the window,"

"He is a terrific player who has a big role to play for us in the future.

"He is desperate to return to the level of last year when he was playing for England."