Bottom 5 fixtures

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Bottom 5 fixtures

Post by The Axman » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:38 pm

will do.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:37 am

I do believe the table just sorted itself out and the bottom three will now remain the bottom three.

Of course, with our infinite capacity for fecking things up there is some wiggle room but I can't see Wigan, Wolves or QPR picking themselves up now.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:44 am

clapton is god wrote:I do believe the table just sorted itself out and the bottom three will now remain the bottom three.

Of course, with our infinite capacity for fecking things up there is some wiggle room but I can't see Wigan, Wolves or QPR picking themselves up now.
Oh dear, did you have to? I mean really? :D

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:06 am

Worthy4England wrote:
clapton is god wrote:I do believe the table just sorted itself out and the bottom three will now remain the bottom three.

Oh dear, did you have to? I mean really? :D
I've always lived on the edge :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:04 pm

Whilst we're on fecking jinxes.., The dad of one of the lads our kid has played football with from u9s to youth team was walking up the steps from the concourse yesterday, about 2mins after half time and shouts 'Pru,' (well, my real name), 'so far so good eh?'. 'Steady' I replied, turning back to the pitch the very second Cissé went clean through. He just stood there with his hands on his head saying 'what did I do that for?!'. Coulda been lynched!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:29 pm

Looking at the way Wigan have played this afternoon I'd certainly not rule them out from staying up. If they had a proper striker based on this performance they'd be well out of trouble.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Looking at the way Wigan have played this afternoon I'd certainly not rule them out from staying up. If they had a proper striker based on this performance they'd be well out of trouble.

They play some good football, deserved to win today, but thats the story of their season. Apart from when they beat us.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Looking at the way Wigan have played this afternoon I'd certainly not rule them out from staying up. If they had a proper striker based on this performance they'd be well out of trouble.
Was thinking exactly the same myself :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Do they have a proper striker though?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Do they have a proper striker though?

Obviously not. Miss too many clear cut chances.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Aye the Pie eaters looked a bit of a handful today. What is in our favour though is, no matter how good they can look going forward at times, their defence really is very poor and is usually their undoing.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:55 am

It's not new. Best side in the bottom five apart from defending and scoring. Somehow not worried...
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:15 am

Prufrock wrote:It's not new. Best side in the bottom five apart from defending and scoring. Somehow not worried...
They have summat about them though. And seem to have a knack for squeaking their way out of it when everyone else thinks they're gone.....

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:00 am

Just checked the table.

Apparently Blackburn have scored more than any side outside the top five?

mental.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:05 am

Verbal wrote:Just checked the table.

Apparently Blackburn have scored more than any side outside the top five?

mental.
Yakubu's scored 13, also mental.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:12 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:It's not new. Best side in the bottom five apart from defending and scoring. Somehow not worried...
They have summat about them though. And seem to have a knack for squeaking their way out of it when everyone else thinks they're gone.....
have we not also had the knack over the last 10 years??

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:43 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
The Axman wrote: Not so easy as you think. just been to Ladbrokes (we used to have a Billy Hill too, but that closed) and they won't take the bet. They'll give me individual odds on teams being relegated and they'll do single bets on sets of three to be relegated, but they won't take a bet on the bottom five order and they won't take bets on final point scores for teams, and they refuse point blank to work a full-cover Super Yankee on both positions and points over bottom five teams.
That's what I thought might happen. Let us know if you do manage to get it on won't you, Axo?
Just been back down to Ladbrokes, and there's no movement, HQ confirmed what the manager had told me.

Mind you as the predictions were wrong for two out of the first three matches (it had Bolton 1-2 QPR and Norwich 2-0 Wigan) I have no faith in it anymore anyway.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:58 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dunno, we've not been truly in a relegation fight, many times. For the past two or three years, mid way through the season everyone thinks Wigan are down, then they seem to escape on the last day, somehow....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:11 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dunno, we've not been truly in a relegation fight, many times. For the past two or three years, mid way through the season everyone thinks Wigan are down, then they seem to escape on the last day, somehow....
aye - we can afford for ONE of the other five to do that - but not two!! 8)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:27 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
aye - we can afford for ONE of the other five to do that - but not two!! 8)
I think Blackburn will stay up, personally. Think they've got decent enough players and they seem to have found their fight.

Right now the bottom three look in trouble, looking at fixtures and form. Think its gonna be tight either way.