Hamilton Accies Away 21st July. Pre Season

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

perthwhite
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Hamilton Accies Away 21st July. Pre Season

Post by perthwhite » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:05 pm

going on the train to glasgow with the other perth whites then figuring it out from there, should be in hamilton for around 12ish with any luck. wheres everyone drinking?

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:10 pm

After extensive consultation with a BWFC/Raith fan I think we're going to meet in Bar West.

http://bar-west.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We're meeting there because it's a bit more family friendly than some of the others. Although the other's aren't family 'un-friendly'.

If you're just after a few pints then you won't go wrong with the Academical Vaults which is opposite Hamilton West train station.

Some of the BWFCScotland lads will be meeting in Glasgow's Horseshoe Bar (Drury St) - One minute walk from Central Station.

COYWM!
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

perthwhite
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by perthwhite » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:44 am

coffeymagic wrote:After extensive consultation with a BWFC/Raith fan I think we're going to meet in Bar West.

http://bar-west.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We're meeting there because it's a bit more family friendly than some of the others. Although the other's aren't family 'un-friendly'.

If you're just after a few pints then you won't go wrong with the Academical Vaults which is opposite Hamilton West train station.

Some of the BWFCScotland lads will be meeting in Glasgow's Horseshoe Bar (Drury St) - One minute walk from Central Station.

COYWM!
cheers for the info, will see you in glasgow :)

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:03 am

perthwhite wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:cheers for the info, will see you in glasgow :)
You won't see me in Glasgow. NDP's about 10 mins from my front door. I think some of the other lads are also heading direct to Hamilton (one of them's volunteered to drive - cutting out the need to go to Glasgow to catch the train) but I still recommend the Horseshoe as one of Glasgow's best boozers.

Starting to get a bit itchy to go to Ayr tonight now.

It's pishing it down but the driver lad has said he'll pick me up en route.

Do I...? Do....I?
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:39 am

Yeah you do
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:44 am

coffeymagic wrote:but I still recommend the Horseshoe as one of Glasgow's best boozers.
I'll see your Horseshoe, Mr Magic, and raise you with with a Babbity Bowster. Belhaven 80 washing down a sumptuous plateful of haggis, neeps and tatties. As the children say - OMFG! :oyea:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:26 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:but I still recommend the Horseshoe as one of Glasgow's best boozers.
I'll see your Horseshoe, Mr Magic, and raise you with with a Babbity Bowster. Belhaven 80 washing down a sumptuous plateful of haggis, neeps and tatties. As the children say - OMFG! :oyea:
eeeewwwww :vomit: how could you?
The Voice Of Reason

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:09 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Oh yeah Babbity's is excellent but it's more for your relaxed afternoon drinker rather than The Horseshoes Saturday shopper/match goer/early starter patron.

Plus it's a just a bit too far to consider if you're just after a quick one before jumping on the train.

Tell you what I like about the Horseshoe? They don't employ fit birds behind the bar. It's either blokes or un-fit birds.

The sort of person who is more interested in pulling a pint than forgetting what you asked them for four seconds ago.

And when you go back they remember what your round was.

Same again?
Same again.

Pubs to avoid?

The Goose on Union St, Madness and Pivo Pivo will all destroy your faith in humanity.

twitter @thetonycoffey

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:31 pm

coffeymagic wrote:
Oh yeah Babbity's is excellent but it's more for your relaxed afternoon drinker rather than The Horseshoes Saturday shopper/match goer/early starter patron.

Plus it's a just a bit too far to consider if you're just after a quick one before jumping on the train.
Aye, that's true is that. Ex S-i-L used to live about 200 yards away from it (just over from Candleriggs) so me and her husband would pack them off shopping. Many happy memories of afternoons spent getting well fed and slaughtered. :pissed:
May the bridges I burn light your way

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Lost 2-0 :shock: :shock: :shock:
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:13 pm

Booooooooooooooo
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:14 am

boltonboris wrote:Booooooooooooooo

That's about the best thing you can say about it.

Dreadful. Slow, inaccurate, one dimensional, lack lustre - where do you start?

Everything that was wrong with last season was still on display on Saturday. Unable to put two passes together, garbage in front of goal and that's when we managed to GET in front of goal.

They were the better team by a long chalk and they weren't very good either.

If Coyle is determined to go through pre-season without picking up any injuries then he's going the right way - but if that's his intention then he should be playing games behind closed doors instead of expecting people to drive 3hrs to watch us huff and puff ourselves around a pitch without a single idea of what to do next.

Best bit for me was when Eagles called for a back heel on the penalty spot, he got it teed up for him perfectly and his 'shot' almost went out for a throw.

I'm not sure but I think Burnley may be better than the Accies.

If they play that game like they played this then Coyle will be lucky to see the end of August.

twitter @thetonycoffey

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Hamilton 0 3 Motherwell.

After The Lord Mayor's Show or are Motherwell a new force in British football?

twitter @thetonycoffey