away to birmingham

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: away to birmingham

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:46 pm

yep coyle has now officialy dodged the bullet untill mid october i have a tinny bit of hope we might go on a winning run to the top of the league but in reaqlity we will just hover in mid table to depresingly finish the season without a pinch of excitmant come april
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:09 pm

The game against Birmingham is a big game. We could really do with kickstarting our away campaign seeing as we've lost all our away fixtures so far (Burnley, Crawley, Hull). We play Birmingham on Tuesday then Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday so they're ideal candidates to go and kickstart our away campaign and get some momentum going.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:16 pm

hope so but fear two defeats followed by home wins against palace and leeds and an away point at millwall will ensure we will continue to sit in mid table i said at the start of the month that looking at how bad we started and our away fixtures that wemust win all of our home games and pick up about 9 points on the road if we are to be top 2 by christmas
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:44 pm

Bristol_White wrote:Nope, just home games.

You can buy tickets on the Birmingham website to print off at home though so might just do that and then tell a steward that I was sold a wrong ticket. Our end unlikely to be full so they might let me move over
Definitely wouldn't try that, if past experience is anything to go by, they'll refuse you entry to any part of the ground.

Cobbler
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Cobbler » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Anyone else walking from New Street Station or has done in the past? How long do you reckon it will take, first time to Birmingham football ground. Should arrive with loads of time so no point in me wasting any money with a taxi

And i'm ditching the Cobblers who are away to Dagenham to come to this game so we'd best win!
We all follow the Cobblers over land and sea! And Bolton!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:02 pm

Cobbler wrote:Anyone else walking from New Street Station or has done in the past? How long do you reckon it will take, first time to Birmingham football ground. Should arrive with loads of time so no point in me wasting any money with a taxi

And i'm ditching the Cobblers who are away to Dagenham to come to this game so we'd best win!
It's about two miles, Cobbler, though the Costwolds it aint!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Cobbler
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Cobbler » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Cobbler wrote:Anyone else walking from New Street Station or has done in the past? How long do you reckon it will take, first time to Birmingham football ground. Should arrive with loads of time so no point in me wasting any money with a taxi

It's about two miles, Cobbler, though the Costwolds it aint!
Shouldn't be too bad then, cheers for your help :)
We all follow the Cobblers over land and sea! And Bolton!

Bristol_White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bristol_White » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:39 am

Always walk from New Street. Stop for a few beers at a little pub on route.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:01 am

This is tomorrow isn't it?
Away game so I can't see anything but a defeat.
Businesswoman of the year.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:08 am

We will be badly exposed yet again tomorrow.
2-0 or 3-1.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:08 pm

Petrov and Chungy will play, our defence will actually defend and we'll run out 3-0 winners with KD again on the scoresheet. You heard it here first. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:28 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Petrov and Chungy will play, our defence will actually defend and we'll run out 3-0 winners with KD again on the scoresheet. You heard it here first. :wink:
Quite a birthday party you had by the looks of it...;)

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Was going to post that the last time we played at this ground was the best high in years and the tipping point before the fall, but then I realised we lost there 2 weeks later in the league :lol:
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Last edited by bwfcdan94 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:31 pm

going to get train from moor street. anyone else doin that as it is only my second ever game i have been to on my own
Last edited by bwfcdan94 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:35 pm

or alternativly anyone up for meeting up at new street as get in there mega early at like 4 15 because it is like £20 cheaper on the train then (not in peak hours). on the other note we will loose 2 - 0

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:57 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:or alternativly anyone up for meeting up at new street as get in there mega early at like 4 15 because it is like £20 cheaper on the train then (not in peak hours). on the other note we will loose 2 - 0
Get yourself a railcard. Travel at peak times at off-peak prices. It'll pay for itself.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Beefheart wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:or alternativly anyone up for meeting up at new street as get in there mega early at like 4 15 because it is like £20 cheaper on the train then (not in peak hours). on the other note we will loose 2 - 0
Get yourself a railcard. Travel at peak times at off-peak prices. It'll pay for itself.
already have mate thats why got it so cheap (£15 adult return from Reading, booked it months ago)

Midnite
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Midnite » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:11 pm

I see owen coyle thinks the reason bolton have no points away from home is the referees.

Not much chance in this game then...sure to be a referee somewhere on the pitch.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Midnite wrote:I see owen coyle thinks the reason bolton have no points away from home is the referees.

Not much chance in this game then...sure to be a referee somewhere on the pitch.
:lmfao: ye he just cant take responsiblity even though he knows the start we havemade is awfull, what happend after the end of the season wins at villa and the like ?