Marv claming Millwall fans were racist...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

awol84
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Marv claming Millwall fans were racist...

Post by awol84 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:50 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
awol84 wrote:Millwall fan here.

Marvin Sordell was the one who was goading supporters when you equalised, he got stick back and never liked it. Was there a racist comment? I don't know. What I will say is this wouldn't be the first time we were accused of racism only for it to be proved utter bollocks.
The frig are you posting this for then?
Forgive me, I thought this was a forum for discussion.

You lot on here have already made your minds up that the allegations are true.

I am telling you it wouldn't be the first time a no mark player has played the race card when he has received some stick and for it to be found total bullshit.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:50 am

Marvin Sordell was the one who was goading supporters when you equalised, he got stick back and never liked it. Was there a racist comment? I don't know. What I will say is this wouldn't be the first time we were accused of racism only for it to be proved utter bollocks.

Is it possible a racist comment was made? Of course it is, Millwall like every other club in the land has racist supporters.

I've seen on twitter that one of your fans is going to report fellow Bolton fans for racially abusing Danny Shittu - don't see much mention of that on this forum?
I think it was one fan rather than fans, if it's the same thing I read. Chris Dreary the guy's name from memory.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:54 am

awol84 wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:

I am telling you it wouldn't be the first time a no mark player has played the race card when he has received some stick and for it to be found total bullshit.
On the contrary, you started the post by justifying why the fans would have made such comments to young Marvin, but then said you dont know if there were any. But just in case there was, it was Marv's fault anyway for goading you all into it ?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:58 am

awol84 wrote: Forgive me, I thought this was a forum for discussion.

wind your neck in duck...

all that is being stated here is:
  • an allegation has been made
    it is being investigated
    if it is true - action should follow
now - I'm sure you agree with that, no?

the one rushing to pre-judgement appears to be you....

awol84
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by awol84 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:59 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
awol84 wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:

On the contrary, you started the post by justifying why the fans would have made such comments to young Marvin, but then said you dont know if there were any. But just in case there was, it was Marv's fault anyway for goading you all into it ?
He goaded our supporters which resulted in him getting stick. Amongst the barrage of abuse could there have been a racial comment of course there could.

I am already picking holes in his claims though. "Police were there and did nothing". Police are NEVER in Block 31, infact they're stuck in the corner and in no way could have been in earshot of a comment.

Millwall work harder than anyone in tackling racism and if found to be true will take action - let's wait and see...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:09 am

awol84 wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
awol84 wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:

He goaded our supporters which resulted in him getting stick. Amongst the barrage of abuse could there have been a racial comment of course there could.

I am already picking holes in his claims though. "Police were there and did nothing". Police are NEVER in Block 31, infact they're stuck in the corner and in no way could have been in earshot of a comment.

Millwall work harder than anyone in tackling racism and if found to be true will take action - let's wait and see...
Which I think you'll find, is where most of us are at with it.

What his tweet said was this.

"Putting the match aside, it's 2012 in England and people are still shouting racial abuse at a football game!? Shocking. Chungy, Pratts, Benik and I had all sorts of things said to us. The police were standing yards away and did nothing. Funniest thing is if I had come on and scored and gave them some back, I would be the one who got fined."

He doesn't mention which part of the ground it occurred in as far as I read it, so where are you drawing your conclusion that it came from block 31?

awol84
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by awol84 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:14 am

The frig are you posting this for then?[/quote]

I am telling you it wouldn't be the first time a no mark player has played the race card when he has received some stick and for it to be found total bullshit.[/quote]

On the contrary, you started the post by justifying why the fans would have made such comments to young Marvin, but then said you dont know if there were any. But just in case there was, it was Marv's fault anyway for goading you all into it ?[/quote]

Millwall work harder than anyone in tackling racism and if found to be true will take action - let's wait and see...[/quote]

"Putting the match aside, it's 2012 in England and people are still shouting racial abuse at a football game!? Shocking. Chungy, Pratts, Benik and I had all sorts of things said to us. The police were standing yards away and did nothing. Funniest thing is if I had come on and scored and gave them some back, I would be the one who got fined."

He doesn't mention which part of the ground it occurred in as far as I read it, so where are you drawing your conclusion that it came from block 31?[/quote]

Police stand in the corner of the West Stand and North Stand (away end).

Players warm up to the left of the dugout.

Many of our "opinionated" supporters, sit in the further blocks down the West Lower.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:19 am

Never a single policeman anywhre else in the ground apart from all huddled in one corner?

Find that extremely hard to believe.

awol84
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by awol84 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:20 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Never a single policeman anywhre else in the ground apart from all huddled in one corner?

There are no policeman in the vicinity where the players warm up.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:22 am

Worthy4England wrote:What his tweet said was this.

Funniest thing is if I had come on and scored and gave them some back, I would be the one who got fined."
To be absolutely honest his getting on was pretty unlkely & as for scoring ...........

Those ideas are "the funniest thing".
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:22 am

I find this post funny ^

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:24 am

awol84 wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Never a single policeman anywhre else in the ground apart from all huddled in one corner?

There are no policeman in the vicinity where the players warm up.
Which .... given the record of some of the less competent of your fans, is really rather remarkable, don't you think.

A little "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil".

"Hey up, lads. THAT's where there likely to be some unpleasentness, so leds mosey down over there, as far away from it as we can."
Last edited by bobo the clown on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:25 am

awol84 wrote:The frig are you posting this for then?

I am telling you it wouldn't be the first time a no mark player has played the race card when he has received some stick and for it to be found total bullshit.[/quote]

On the contrary, you started the post by justifying why the fans would have made such comments to young Marvin, but then said you dont know if there were any. But just in case there was, it was Marv's fault anyway for goading you all into it ?[/quote]

Millwall work harder than anyone in tackling racism and if found to be true will take action - let's wait and see...[/quote]

He doesn't mention which part of the ground it occurred in as far as I read it, so where are you drawing your conclusion that it came from block 31?[/quote]

Police stand in the corner of the West Stand and North Stand (away end).

Players warm up to the left of the dugout.

Many of our "opinionated" supporters, sit in the further blocks down the West Lower.[/quote]

Worthy4England wrote:So you've had a bit of a guess then? Rather than actually being able to pick any holes in what he said. Speculation.

You have no notion of what he believes was said, nor where he asserts it occurred.

That's called "making it up".

awol84
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by awol84 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:37 am

I have said I don't know whether the allegations are true.

I'm simply saying it wouldn't be the first time some no mark player gives it to the crowd then cries his eyes out when he gets it back and runs off playing the race card.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:40 am

Gives it to the crowd? Ah so he was calling them a bunch of white bastards was he?

awol84
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by awol84 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:45 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Gives it to the crowd? Ah so he was calling them a bunch of white bastards was he?
I said he goaded supporters, he got stick back.

I refuse to believe he had a racist comment aimed at him until proven.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:48 am

awol84 wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Gives it to the crowd? Ah so he was calling them a bunch of white bastards was he?

Fine with that bt, that's the way it should work.

How was he goading the crowd and what did he say?

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:49 am

Now you refuse to believe it, 5 mins ago you didnt know either way and said it was possible?

awol84
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by awol84 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:50 am

Worthy4England wrote:
awol84 wrote:

Fine with that bt, that's the way it should work.

How was he goading the crowd and what did he say?
Going mental when you equalised, turning to the crowd gesturing the typical sort of stuff that he is entitled to do but clearly he'll get stick back.

awol84
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by awol84 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:51 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Now you refuse to believe it, 5 mins ago you didnt know either way and said it was possible?
You can twist and turn things around as much as you want.

Is it possible? YES

Do I believe it? NO

It's happened so many times (allegations) that it's water off a ducks back now.