Millwall @ The Reebok

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Millwall @ The Reebok

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:54 pm

boltonboris wrote:Can see us shaping up with a 4-4-2 here. Wouldn't be against it either to be honest. We've been shite with the 4-2-3-1 and conceded goals, so we may aswell try harder to get goals up the right end.
Eh? I thought this before the Wednesday home game, in which we did line up 4-4-2 (N'Gog played deeper than Afobe, but he still 'up front'). Dicked.back to 4-5-1 v Brum.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:11 pm

I wonder if Dougie will play Sordell to be honest. He may want to "protect" him from the Millwall fans.

I'm really trying not to be patronising here! :|

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:20 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:I wonder if Dougie will play Sordell to be honest. He may want to "protect" him from the Millwall fans.

In normal senses, and knowing the 'type' it takes to be a top-level sports star, you'd expect this would be all the motivation he should need. In his case however ....
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:25 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:I wonder if Dougie will play Sordell to be honest. He may want to "protect" him from the Millwall fans.

In normal senses, and knowing the 'type' it takes to be a top-level sports star, you'd expect this would be all the motivation he should need. In his case however ....
Yep totally agree. I hope he proves us wrong, I really do!

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:03 am

I'd start him...trial by fire!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:02 am

Oh dear... I've just revisited Tangodancer's very last match preview (Lion's Den but no Daniel) which opened with this: Looking downwards from a lofty eighteenth spot, we can just glimpse Millwall way below in twenty-second place. Well, actually just three points below us
If we had a match preview now it would have to start "Looking upwards from a lowly sixteenth spot, we can just glimpse Millwall way above us in seventh place. Well, actually just eight points above us". We really, really, really cannot afford to feck this one up.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Post by m_taylor » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Oh dear... I've just revisited Tangodancer's very last match preview (Lion's Den but no Daniel) which opened with this: Looking downwards from a lofty eighteenth spot, we can just glimpse Millwall way below in twenty-second place. Well, actually just three points below us
If we had a match preview now it would have to start "Looking upwards from a lowly sixteenth spot, we can just glimpse Millwall way above us in seventh place. Well, actually just eight points above us". We really, really, really cannot afford to feck this one up.
and that has all happened while DF has been in charge!

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Proper spreading sunshine today aren't you, LLS !

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:35 pm

m_taylor wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Oh dear... I've just revisited Tangodancer's very last match preview (Lion's Den but no Daniel) which opened with this: Looking downwards from a lofty eighteenth spot, we can just glimpse Millwall way below in twenty-second place. Well, actually just three points below us
Not all.. We lost to Millwall and dropped 4 points under JP.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Prufrock wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Can see us shaping up with a 4-4-2 here. Wouldn't be against it either to be honest. We've been shite with the 4-2-3-1 and conceded goals, so we may aswell try harder to get goals up the right end.
Eh? I thought this before the Wednesday home game, in which we did line up 4-4-2 (N'Gog played deeper than Afobe, but he still 'up front'). Dicked.back to 4-5-1 v Brum.
442 v Sunderland served us well. 451 didn't.

I also wouldn't describe the formation against Wednesday as a 442. In fact, I've no idea what it was.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:42 pm

Another example in a century's worth :roll: of teams or players having a terrible time of it until we roll into town :whack:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:20 pm

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/free ... 90543.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Pfffft.

bobby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bobby » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:41 pm

I've been abroad all season and so far have only been able to watch the game against Cardiff which was on in the pub, so I'm basing my opinions on what I've heard mostly.
But it sounds to me as though Lonergan deserves a starting place and Sordell should be given a run out in the hope he really strives to bang in the goals in front of the racists, and Afobe should be kept miles away from the Reebok.
How are the new signings doing? What's the general opinion on Andrews, Mills, Spearing? Is Alonso still painfully slow and Pratley still clueless? Is chungy improving?
Going to be back for the Peterborough match and itching to see them in action.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:10 pm

He sounds desperate for Holden to return. I just hope he is not rushed back. I still have this worry that he won't ever play again... Like Paul Lake.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:12 pm

I'm going to stand outside then windmill the cockney wankers as they make their way out! :evil:
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:23 pm

enrdentw wrote:
He sounds desperate for Holden to return. I just hope he is not rushed back. I still have this worry that he won't ever play again... Like Paul Lake.
Same here
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:15 am

Afobe and, more worryingly, Andrews doubtful according to the BN

Might point at 4-4-2 with Spearing and Pratley in the middle... although I find it very difficult to predict DF's decisions

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:27 am

ChrisC wrote:
m_taylor wrote:
5 points
Sto ut Serviam

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:31 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
m_taylor wrote:
5 points
Just testing to see if everybody is on the ball! ;)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:09 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'm going to stand outside then windmill the cockney wankers as they make their way out! :evil:

Like this?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 0187,d.ZG4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;