God Loves Ivan Campo.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: God Loves Ivan Campo.

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:37 am

I saw Bogdan in the East Didsbury Tesco the other week. He was buying champagne, flowers and chocolates. If we'd have kept a clean sheet in our last match I might have cracked wise to him, but we hadn't. :mrgreen:

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:36 pm

Athers wrote:Love Campo but I'm not sure about giving him a position of responsibility at the club. A character like Djorkaeff though, definitely!
Djorkaeff runs a bar/restaurant in NYC nowadays.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Niiice

http://www.thrillist.com/eat/new-york/w ... grape-vine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:08 pm

mrkint wrote:Niiice

http://www.thrillist.com/eat/new-york/w ... grape-vine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There's no mention of a 20% discount if you ruck up in your Wanderers top. Tight bastard.
Businesswoman of the year.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:05 pm

I saw Jardel mincing his way into Middlebrook Tesco not long after we'd signed him. I was tempted to follow him round to see if he was buying lots of low fat stuff on Sam's orders but couldn't be ar5ed.

Non Tesco, I saw Borghetti driving a huge 4x4 across the pedestrianised bit near the Market Hall.

I try to be all nonchalant when I see our players out and about but I cant help staring and wondering if I should pluck up courage to speak to em.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:26 pm

I saw Eidur Gudjohnson in the Atlatis and shook his hand when he walked passed, later out out side the burger/keebab van his mate (who resembled a small Art Garfunkl) joined the queue, Eidur was in his Range Rover, I went over drunk and asked for a lift home, sadly he declined, very politely though !

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:19 am

I saw Diouf at Horwich Tesco. Parked right outside the doors, the lazy c*nt, and only bought a jar of pickled cucumbers! I also saw Al Habsi and his Mrs (who had all the Darth Vader kit on) in the same shop buying an ironing board.
May the bridges I burn light your way

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:40 am

Saw Ivan at Bolton hospital a few years ago when they were doing the annual present-giving at the kids' ward. He seemed a bit shocked when I asked to take a picture of him. I was so excited I forgot to get my picture taken WITH him, and instead just took one of him staring at the camera, bemused. :/

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:51 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I saw Diouf at Horwich Tesco. Parked right outside the doors, the lazy c*nt, and only bought a jar of pickled cucumbers! I also saw Al Habsi and his Mrs (who had all the Darth Vader kit on) in the same shop buying an ironing board.
Also known as ninjas amongst expats here...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:11 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I saw Diouf at Horwich Tesco. Parked right outside the doors, the lazy c*nt, and only bought a jar of pickled cucumbers! I also saw Al Habsi and his Mrs (who had all the Darth Vader kit on) in the same shop buying an ironing board.

did he steal some screws too and hit the security guard with the ironing board??

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:25 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Also known as ninjas amongst expats here...
I suppose it could have been anyone, really.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".