Eight games remaining Two four game mini Leagues

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Eight games remaining Two four game mini Leagues

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:51 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:I said a couple of months ago that Leicester will blow it. Let's just hope we can capitalise.
you also said that dougie was a total failure... to be fair!! :wink:
if Coyle had done that, he'd be vilified but people seem to be giving Freedman the benefit of the doubt. Freedman gets the praise when things go right yet when things go wrong, the blame is pinned elsewhere. I guess that's just the nature of the optimism when a new manager comes in but I'd prefer to be a bit more impartial.
You are BL3 & I claim my £20.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:14 am

bobo the clown wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:I said a couple of months ago that Leicester will blow it. Let's just hope we can capitalise.
you also said that dougie was a total failure... to be fair!! :wink:
if Coyle had done that, he'd be vilified but people seem to be giving Freedman the benefit of the doubt. Freedman gets the praise when things go right yet when things go wrong, the blame is pinned elsewhere. I guess that's just the nature of the optimism when a new manager comes in but I'd prefer to be a bit more impartial.
You are BL3 & I claim my £20.
Nah, BL3 was an idiot who seemed to revel in being a contrarian. I think he was right on some things but yeah, he went over the top a lot. I was happy to praise Freedman when we started winning games whereas he disappeared because he would rather be proven right than have our team win, which is incredibly sad.

There's definitely double standards though, but like I said, that's understandable when it's a new manager. People tend to be far less critical and are eager to excuse the decisions they would have criticised under the previous regime.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:16 am

Enoch wrote:* Sent Holden to get some game time which he clearly isn't going to get with us this season.

* Taken a short term loan on a prospect he would like to buy if the lad shapes up.

* Taken a short term loan on an old head as cover for a position we're not blessed in.

* Told a player with no future at Bolton that he's free to talk to other clubs.

Yep, the man's a c*nt!
And if it was Coyle...

*Sent Holden to work with another manager who doesn't care about his long term progress and might push him too hard.

*Taken someone on loan who has never done anything.

*Brought in an older player whose only talent is being versatile.

*Pissed off a club legend and refused to give him his testimonial.

I'm not saying these are my opinions, but thats what happens when a new manager comes in. The glass stops being half empty.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:13 am

SF you are wrong because it is exactly the last week that confirms to me that Dougie is the right man.

He's shown he has the balls for tough decisions. Coyle would have clung onto Kevin Davies for dear life, scared of the fans reaction.

Dougie is looking at the longer term all the time. With the decision on Davies and the idea to get Holden games.

As I said he's the first manager we've had for a while who has a plan and carries it out.

As for the loans he said himself the top targets weren't available. So he got full back cover and a youngster he has wanted for a while and may sign permanently if given a chance. Not much else he can do when the premiership loans he wanted were refused!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:35 am

Coyle had a plan, some might argue it was a shit plan and he did carry it out...very badly.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:48 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Coyle had a plan, some might argue it was a shit plan and he did carry it out...very badly.
I'm still unsure what it was though.....

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:14 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Coyle had a plan, some might argue it was a shit plan and he did carry it out...very badly.
It was a plan to be Barcelona on tuppence an ha'penny. Bad plan, bad execution. Still, t'was a plan.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:01 am

Leicester are rock bottom of the form table. That 6th spot is there for the taking. This division is bonkers though, Boringham are now on a run, 3rd in the form table and only 2 points behind us. Millwall also not far off with games in hand, all turns round so quickly.
I almost don't want to get promoted! (but I do really)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:30 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
It was a plan to be Barcelona on tuppence an ha'penny. Bad plan, bad execution. Still, t'was a plan.
... & like an inveterate gambler, he was SO close to it all coming together if only we'd given him a little more time.

Still, he left us in GREAT shape !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:34 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:SF you are wrong because it is exactly the last week that confirms to me that Dougie is the right man.

you said you would not be making any judgements for TWO YEARS.... :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:56 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:SF you are wrong because it is exactly the last week that confirms to me that Dougie is the right man.

That's just an unconfirmed, preliminary assessment. You should know the difference by now.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:57 am

Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:

That's just an unconfirmed, preliminary assessment. You should know the difference by now.
:D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:42 am

LeverEnd wrote:Leicester are rock bottom of the form table. That 6th spot is there for the taking. This division is bonkers though, Boringham are now on a run, 3rd in the form table and only 2 points behind us. Millwall also not far off with games in hand, all turns round so quickly.
Much depends on what the teams already above us (and those on our necks) do. One thing for sure, if we want it, we have to win what's left to be sure of even being in the raffle.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Leicester are rock bottom of the form table. That 6th spot is there for the taking. This division is bonkers though, Boringham are now on a run, 3rd in the form table and only 2 points behind us. Millwall also not far off with games in hand, all turns round so quickly.
Much depends on what the teams already above us (and those on our necks) do. One thing for sure, if we want it, we have to win what's left to be sure of even being in the raffle.
Pretty much this IMHO. I consider it unlikely to be anything other than a 'Brighton & us race for the finish' personally, & after the loss against Charlton we'd be unlikely to get away with anything but 1 more draw at most with the rest wins. But of course that'd still be good for nowt if they don't lose a couple & draw or summat.

I think we've just missed out, but it was a sterling late stand & we still need to fight to the last of course.
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:41 pm

gizmothevoomer wrote:With eight games till the end of the season six teams are playing for two play off places. The next four games will see these six games teams thinned down to four maybe three. So lets have a look at the next four games for each contender.

Notts Forest currently in 5th with 60 Pts and the form team of the division
Next four games Brighton, Burnley, Blackpool and Cardiff realistically I see them getting 8 Pts to moves to 68 Pts.
Three games in and 3 Pts taken, tough game against Cardiff can only see another 1 Pt here so 64 Pts.

Leicester currently 6th with 59 points in decline though.
Next four games Millwall, Barnsley. Brighton and Birmingham realistically I see them getting 5 Pts to move to 64 Pts.
Three games in and only 1 Pt taken, can see them fighting to stay in Race and winning the Midlands Derby so 63 Pts

Brighton Currently 7th with 59 Pts in mixed form.
Next four games Forest, Charlton, Leicester and Middlesborough I can see them getting 6 Pts to move them to 65 Pts.
Three games in and 3 Pts taken but should beat Middlesborough to be on 65 Pts

Bolton currently in 8th with 54 Pts and form could go either way.
Next four games Charlton, Huddersfield, Wolves and Bristol city all winnable and I see us getting 10 Pts to give us 64 Pts.
Three games in and 6 Pts, Loss at Charlton disappointing but see us winning last game to wind up on 63 Pts.

Middlesborough currently in 9th with 54 Pts and also in decline.
Next four games Wolves, Peterborough, Hull and Brighton I can't see them picking up more than 5 Pts to give them 59 Pts.
Now out of it

Leeds currently 10th with 52Pts and a manager prepariing to depart at the end of season
Next four games Ipswich, Derby, Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday I can see them picking up 7 Pts to leave them on 59 pts also.
Now out of it

If we can take these points I think we can go into last four games optimistic of a play off place but we can not slip up in these four games or it is rebuild for next season!!
A win against Bristol and I think we would be rightly regarded as favourates for a play off spot.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:44 am

gizmothevoomer wrote:
A win against Bristol and I think we would be rightly regarded as favourates for a play off spot.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:08 am

Worthy4England wrote:
gizmothevoomer wrote:
Some just never learn. Either that or he is an undercover agent, trying to spread positivity in a bid to doom us.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:18 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
gizmothevoomer wrote:
Some just never learn. Either that or he is an undercover agent, trying to spread positivity in a bid to doom us.
Our away form isn't good. And we have three away games.

See us falling short, unless we can conjour up some away wins and buck the trend on our current away form.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:31 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
gizmothevoomer wrote:
Our away form isn't good. And we have three away games.

See us falling short, unless we can conjour up some away wins and buck the trend on our current away form.
I'm in agreement. I hope I'm wrong and by getting close the players push that bit harder to make the difference. I reckon we'll be 1-2 points short.