Your best SKD memories

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Your best SKD memories

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:47 pm

I'll remember him because he's the last of the Mohicans. Bolton Wanderers will never see another player of his like. Nothing else to say.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:50 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I'll remember him because he's the last of the Mohicans. Bolton Wanderers will never see another player of his like. Nothing else to say.
Businesswoman of the year.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:24 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:I'll remember him because he's the last of the Mohicans. Bolton Wanderers will never see another player of his like. Nothing else to say.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:08 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:17 pm

Smashing Matthew Upson in the face and encouraging him to score an own goal for us against Spammers at Upton Park live on Sky :)
Pfffft.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:22 pm

The dislocated finger reset and continued playing.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:26 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:The Evra, he doesn't like me episode was pretty funny :D
That sums the guy up for me. The bleating and whining that Evra and Ferguson did after that showed how scared they were of him.

The nutmeg of England's best ever centre-half/drug test memory lapse player was excellent too.

Thierry Henry asking Wenger to sign him was about as good a recommendation as you could get.

Rarely lost a header and if he did he made sure the defender could do nothing more than head it straight up in the air.

No mess, no myther, just get on and play the game.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Who was it he openly slagged off for screaming like a girl when tackled?

I think it was an Arsenal player but it could have been the full team.

He did owe my brother's mate £500 for some work on his house for a long, long time. Don't know if he paid it eventually. I might tweet Emma to find out.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:00 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:My worst memory of SKD was when the family SKD were out for a walk across Dunscar Golf Course. They stopped to let me tee off on the 11th, which I promptly smacked onto the 14th :oops:
:lol:

Good job he let you play - you'd have been waiting half an hour for him to make it across the fairway.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:00 pm

coffeymagic wrote:Who was it he openly slagged off for screaming like a girl when tackled?

Eboue, I think.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:09 pm

The so-called Mad Dog made to look like a little girl was good, that was one of the only times I ever thought Kev might lose it but instead Pogatetz stood behind his team-mates giving it the big one. Spoke to a Boro fan who said 'he's lucky Mad Dog didn't get near him', yeah reet, he s**t himself more like.

Eboue is a right scumbag, and he's another one who bottled it from 'choir boy' Kev.

Not forgetting that defender he elbowed in the throat on his England appearance, the same bloke had been kicking lumps out of our pansies all game.

If he played for West Ham or Spurs the rags would be printing story after story about him, ah well, no-one likes us either & we don't care.
Troll and proud of it.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:17 pm

http://7amkickoff.wordpress.com/tag/kev ... is-a-c*nt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
Troll and proud of it.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:19 pm

You tell me, honestly, in what world would Emile Heskey earn over 60 international caps while Davies only picked up one?

That's without counting all the squads Heskey was picked for.

Obviously it's all about the club you play for, if I remember rightly Heskey played for England (club Liverpool) was transfered to Birmingham and didn't get picked for the next England game a matter of days later.

It's all about shirt sales.

twitter @thetonycoffey

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:50 pm

Not long on individual memories but like someone said last of a breed.. Last player who most resembles what a footballer was when I was a lad. Hard, competitive, no nonsense, hard, 100% effort for the cause and happy to do whatever job he was given, did I mention proper hard? Kick each other all round the bad shake hands and split a crate after...
Thank you and goodnight big man! Rest assured you owe us nowt whilst we owe you a decade of smiles, tilting at fancy dan windmills, chasing lost causes and winning more than your fare share.
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:53 pm

The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:26 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:Who was it he openly slagged off for screaming like a girl when tackled?

Eboue, I think.
I think you will find it was Clichy.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:29 pm

seanworth wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:

Eboue, I think.
I think you will find it was Clichy.
All the same, still a diving gooner.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:51 pm

This was the kind of game that makes supporters wish there was a way for a club to appeal for retroactive yellow cards. I’m sure if any ref saw what Davies was doing on video tape they would award at least one yellow.
Retroactive yellows?! Gotta love some Arsenal fans... :lol:

I call that a job well done.

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:44 pm

Many many full on tackles :whack: but Munich will live forever in the memory, beltin day out :pissed: