..so as no-one else has; next home game;

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Re: ..so as no-one else has; next home game;

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:39 am

Here's a thought...

what on earth has happened to Andrews? (Not saying I want him playing or anything!!)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:47 am

He's knacked

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:59 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:The fact that many of them were allowed to continue to do so in the summer is what really has hurt us!
So, we all just shrug our shoulders, blame it all that that's gone before and accept that conceding a two goal lead to a side with a dreadful current form record as being merely something that'll happen? Great!
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:38 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:The fact that many of them were allowed to continue to do so in the summer is what really has hurt us!
So, we all just shrug our shoulders, blame it all that that's gone before and accept that conceding a two goal lead to a side with a dreadful current form record as being merely something that'll happen? Great!
It depends on what the manager says between matches, apparently.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Mitch
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mitch » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:58 pm

I'm excited :D Have just printed off a ticket for my eldest who is home from uni and renewed my season ticket whilst I was at it. Come on you whites! Thermals ready :o

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Of course not but we factor in that the ref played his part and that whilst it doesn't sound like we were blameless all we can do is hope we are better next season.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:13 pm

Why is it that people are so weak minded they feel the need to declare 'it's over', before it actually is, as some kind of bizarre self-defence mechanism?

I'll hope until it's mathematically impossible, thank you very much!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Foolish boy, you've just knacked our chances of a sneaky-last-minute-up-through-the-play-offs-fluke.

I hope you're happy now.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:53 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Why is it that people are so weak minded they feel the need to declare 'it's over', before it actually is, as some kind of bizarre self-defence mechanism?

I'll hope until it's mathematically impossible, thank you very much!
:shock: :shock:
Lord Kangana wrote:Foolish boy, you've just knacked our chances of a sneaky-last-minute-up-through-the-play-offs-fluke.

I hope you're happy now.
Amazed at you crayons. Amazed.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:36 pm

For me the faint hope of the play-offs is over. Tonight is all about team spirit and will to win.

Now that the promotion 'pressure's off' we can either play like the team we think we are and put Huddersfield in their place or, now that the pressure is off at the other end let the season fizzle out into nothing.

I know which one I hope it is. I also have an idea of which one I think it'll be.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:38 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Foolish boy, you've just knacked our chances of a sneaky-last-minute-up-through-the-play-offs-fluke.

I hope you're happy now.
no - he's mathematically happy...

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Things like that DO happen over a season. Perhaps once or twice for 'normal' teams but our lack of backbone has been a familiar tale since...well, we can all pinpoint the sunny day can't we?

I don't know what it is, Bolton teams had a reputation for spirit and fight now we just chuck the towel in at the first sign of trouble.

We're not good enough that's the long and short of it. Freedman's done ok to hoist us up the table with a few wins (after a stuttering start) and hopefully he'll make some changes over the summer.

Manana, manana eh?
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Wrighty92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Wrighty92 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:44 pm

I think for the mean time we can keep playoffs as a dream rather than a goal and just make sure we win all of our remaining home games so that we start next season with a huge run of home wins and can work on winning away games. Our ability isn't the issue, it's our ability to see out wins. We are probably one of the best teams in the league but just can't seem to see out certain games from winning positions!

I think we need to win every game bar 2 for the rest of the season to make playoffs and that would need to include at least a point at Leicester. Cardiff away will be a big one, hopefully they'll already be promoted by the time we go there!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:43 pm

It should still be a goal. Win games and the table sorts itself out. The only thing that could feck us over (well, other than doing it to outselves) is that Brighton and Forest have to play eachother.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Fed all relevant data into the super computer deep in the bowels of Enoch Hall and it tells me 72 points will be required to secure a playoff spot this term. So all we need to do is win six of seven, how hard can that be?

Any number of folk have blind faith in any number of things; I don't see why I can't still believe.

:drink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:13 pm

once again - I'll be out kayaking...

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:46 pm

Half way throgh this season I didn't think I'd have the fun (not quite the right word) of looking at what other teams were doing and working out how it affected our playoff push. For this reason, the last few weeks have been enjoyable. In a way.

I'll join Enoch in the pub of mathematical belief. Starting tonight, where we have a shot at being 3 points off the playoffs with 6 to play! Coyw!

(PS we're domed and all that).
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Dougie'sEleven wrote:Half way throgh this season I didn't think I'd have the fun (not quite the right word) of looking at what other teams were doing and working out how it affected our playoff push. For this reason, the last few weeks have been enjoyable. In a way.

I'll join Enoch in the pub of mathematical belief. Starting tonight, where we have a shot at being 3 points off the playoffs with 6 to play! Coyw!

If we lose tonight we are still not safe from relegation.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dougie'sEleven wrote:Half way throgh this season I didn't think I'd have the fun (not quite the right word) of looking at what other teams were doing and working out how it affected our playoff push. For this reason, the last few weeks have been enjoyable. In a way.

If we lose tonight we are still not safe from relegation.
:hang:

Now that will not happen.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:10 pm

Oh FFS!
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.